DISCUSSION: How the new Premium Exchange has affected Tribal Wars for BETTER & WORSE

• Thread starter Sweet Baby Lew.
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Alright straight to the point. Players are now vying to noble new villages other distant K's. Nobling warehouse/market Bonus villas in new continents with the intent to sell resources for PP and cash in. Whereas that noble on that 40 hour trip could have been used on local enemy, it is not. People are now playing worlds only for PP has always happened...but this is different. Its not good i can tell you that. Not good at all. Inno wins as it is a nice money making feature for them as it provides yet another impetus for players to buy PP for an edge in the quest of paying to win. Ofc having a rim presence has always been desirable but the premium exchange is a literal game changer... in a different kinda way.

My personal position is its has its pros and cons. I like it because i am willing to spend. I am unabashed about that. I also dislike it because ive seen what it does to people who heretofore had good reps, makes them greedy and malicious and just sad really. However i have heard rumors of controversy surrounding all this. Greedy players going rogue in quests for more more more of the preciousssss. It's not going away, so no point in even going there. but how though does this shift the paradigm for gameplay moving fwd? hmmmm. Let's discuss. I think something like the "mentoring" feature are almost rendered a joke now that non PP worlds are extinct. Here's my mentoring advice.... buy some PP... all the kewl kids are doin it :lol:

Nothing will ever be the same again.

wnhcu.jpg

wngyl.jpg

My_precious_gollum_lord_or_the_rings_oh_yes_mine_all_mine_go_away.gif

p.s. Happy New year Noobz and Noobettez :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Serious George

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I used to hate the idea of premium worlds. However, as I have played w84 and grown, I have realized that the premium features just add another element of strategy to the game. If you utilize the market effectively then you can essentially grow faster without ever having to buy your own premium.

Squela

I used to hate the idea of premium worlds. However, as I have played w84 and grown, I have realized that the premium features just add another element of strategy to the game. If you utilize the market effectively then you can essentially grow faster without ever having to buy your own premium.

I can agree with this. I use the market to gain pp and resources at the same time. You just have to play the market correctly and sell low and buy high.

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
is it possible to restrict the Premium Points that are gained through the Premium Exchange
to only the world they were gained on??

also can there be some quests that give some Premium Points to the players freely for completing a quest??

DeletedUser112794

I like the Premium Exchange for the reason that if I want some PP for say reducing Smithy 20 build-time by half I can sell some resources.

What I don't like is the Exchange maxing out so the only option is buying resources.

DeletedUser83995

I was on this world for a short 3-4 weeks and I gathered over 20,000pp in a short time while spending some of it on flags. So I mark the new system up as a win. Specially for new players under the age of 17 who can't really get a job, now they have the chance to still play the game with the same features as players who have jobs.

~ Jimmy

DeletedUser111495

I can agree with this. I use the market to gain pp and resources at the same time. You just have to play the market correctly and sell low and buy high.
Yeah its even better if you have villages in different continents, on W84 i intially had 3 villages in 3 different continents which meant access to 3 different markets, Brought from one market and sold to another, made tonnes of PP for free :icon_razz:

yaksy

I think I made the discovery of my life. :) Please read it as I'm very interested in your opinions about it.
With the premium exchange tribal wars has managed to make the end-game or late game exciting again.
First of all with the help of the exchange premium features like acc manager, premium account and loot assistant became available for everyone. And these are obviously necessary for an enjoyable late game.
Secondly now the early game is not competetive at all as it is only about who can spare more pp and then spend it on resources. But buying res for pp is not a working method when you have like 40 villages and even if you buy everything from the exchange warehouse you will not get too far with it.
Till now I used to be just a usual start-up player so I don't know if it is already showing that there are more players in late game, but if not it is only a matter of time.
I hope you like my idea. If it has been obvious for you all I am sorry. ;)
yaksy