Really!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser118442

First of all I'm opening up a new thread to talk,,,,sick of the others,,feel free to spam it :icon_biggrin:
the reason why I'm writing this is the action Rhythm took in the past 2 day,,,
Now I'm among many players who hold respect for Rhythm for what they had done through W78,,and I've seen their players do some amazing work at this war,,,but they never did something so cowardly and disrespectful,
Now we all know that in Rhythm's last Op on our tribe mate Genko they had lost many nobles (like a 100 or smt) and tons of nukes wining only one small vill who had slipped away,,,
We all have trash talked to players before,,,,some guys take it too far,,which result a ban after a report,
and our friend is one of those guys,,,he trashed talk Titu from Rhythm,,,and he reported it,,which caused a ban,,
all seems logical,,,you do something,,you pay for it,,,no one argues there,
but to use the ban so you can attack the account,,and breach the frontline while the player is away is just ain't right,,,there are other honorable ways to win a war and that is just a avery disgusting way to win a awar,
I don't know what you did to make the Mod make the account attackable
as we all know that a once an account is banned,,TW freeze the account until he is back,
So yeah good for you,,you have an extra 40 vills on the south,,,but while doing it,,you have lost the respect of many players here in Tnub by using a ban to get into a cluster you wouldn't dream to have :p
Anyways Brandon is back to kick your asses now :icon_cool:

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
there are other honorable ways to win a war and that is just a avery disgusting way to win a awar
This line makes it sound like one account getting banned will cause tnub to instantly lose the war. I would certainly hope that tnub isn't relying on a single account to win the war.

I don't know what you did to make the Mod make the account attackable
Last I checked, you can't make a mod do anything that they don't want to do. A ban can be attackable or not attackable depending on why the player is banned, etc. (speaking in general, not about a specific ban)

but while doing it,,you have lost the respect of many players here in Tnub
I imagine that this isn't at the top of the list of things that players in Rhythm care about.

DeletedUser118394

oh...
WOW...
genko is under ban now? :icon_twisted:
just know it from you... lol

Quack

Reaction score
Nobody said you have to be nice in this game, you just have to do it within the bounds of the rules.

It's really not hard to stop yourself from getting banned, especially for something so easy to prevent. Just tame your tongue and don't let your temper flair. It's a lesson you have to learn from.

As for attacking the person during the ban, it's not the nicest thing to do, no. Honorable? Not really. But they gain the ground nonetheless, and puts Tnub farther back than they already are in the war and push Rhythm ahead.

DeletedUser118442

This line makes it sound like one account getting banned will cause tnub to instantly lose the war. I would certainly hope that tnub isn't relying on a single account to win the war.

Last I checked, you can't make a mod do anything that they don't want to do. A ban can be attackable or not attackable depending on why the player is banned, etc. (speaking in general, not about a specific ban)

I imagine that this isn't at the top of the list of things that players in Rhythm care about.

first of all,,,one account wouldn't cost us the war,,but a front,,and for your knowledge a front that turned into a graveyard after Genko's heroic defending :p
yes you can't "make" the mod do anything,,but I guess lying and faking stories to the mod could be a factor,
and if our respect wasn't on the top of the list that players in Rhythm care about,,,then they prove that they don't deserve it from anyone,,,as most players I know play tw with honor

DeletedUser118442

Nobody said you have to be nice in this game, you just have to do it within the bounds of the rules.

It's really not hard to stop yourself from getting banned, especially for something so easy to prevent. Just tame your tongue and don't let your temper flair. It's a lesson you have to learn from.

As for attacking the person during the ban, it's not the nicest thing to do, no. Honorable? Not really. But they gain the ground nonetheless, and puts Tnub farther back than they already are in the war and push Rhythm ahead.

you don't "have to" be nice,,,,but being nice won't hurt anyone I think ;)
he made a mistake,,and got banned for it,,,he has learned his lesson now :)
they took the chance of our southern players being inactive,,,and that was their right,,,but when 1 account stood in his ground and stopped them in their tracks,,they turned to this to crack his front,,,,,

DeletedUser117447

Genko had plenty of crude village names that could get him into trouble - and did. Judging from how he is choosing to rename his villages (from "Changed by TW Support") it appears he hasn't learned very much.

As to why he was attackable? Who knows, perhaps he pissed off a mod while appealing? If you think for a second TNub or Genko wouldn't exploit an attackable ban on saaay Titu, you are crazy.

DeletedUser118442

those were funny lol,,even you guys used shadow names to your vills,,,
but don't act like you guys never used rude vills names,,,there were 3 vills around me that called me a nub and that I will get rekt etc,,,,yeah you did reck those fakes lol,,,
about us in the future exploiting any future events,,,well you did prove that you are ready to do anything for a win even it was a small win,,,Hunter you know more than most people how well Genko can defend,,and how hard is it to take 1 vill from him,,you guys took around 40 in 1 day,
anyways this was a stupid move,,,opening all ways to win is a pretty ugly thing to do in abig war like this,,it may back fire on you in later stages,

babbeanton

What can one expect from people that starts war in one world cause they got spanked on another world :icon_biggrin:

People that runs to mods to get people banned and then take advantage can go Dont want to get a ban so better stop at go but you get what im saying.
W78 been the best world in a while sadly these actions just takes alot of the fun in the game away and think if people go reporting eachother for this and that and mods takes away people/tribes chance to defend villages worlds will get smaller and smaller (well they already are getting smaller) <----------- Might wanna start thinking about the bigger picture rather than not thinking at all, btw thanks for probably making the tw community smaller mr T :icon_wink:

But well done in getting a few free villages hopefully it was all worth it :icon_neutral:

Last edited:

DeletedUser117447

those were funny lol,,even you guys used shadow names to your vills,,,
but don't act like you guys never used rude vills names,,,there were 3 vills around me that called me a nub and that I will get rekt etc,,,,yeah you did reck those fakes lol,,,
about us in the future exploiting any future events,,,well you did prove that you are ready to do anything for a win even it was a small win,,,Hunter you know more than most people how well Genko can defend,,and how hard is it to take 1 vill from him,,you guys took around 40 in 1 day,
anyways this was a stupid move,,,opening all ways to win is a pretty ugly thing to do in abig war like this,,it may back fire on you in later stages,

There is a difference between calling someone a nub or rekt and what shadow was naming his villages. I only wish I had some of the names recorded. The mods saw fit to change them so obviously they considered them beyond banter and in the realm of offensive. Everyone agrees to the rules when they play this game. You can't seriously be mad at getting your hand caught in the cookie jar?

As to his skill as a defender? I assume he has improved since he played his own account. I certainly hope he has as I took a number of villages from him without him attempting so much as a recap or a snipe. TBS didn't even run a timed OP on him if I recall correctly.

What I do remember is the first day or two he blew pretty much every nuke he had on two stacked villages.

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
first of all,,,one account wouldn't cost us the war,,but a front,,and for your knowledge a front that turned into a graveyard after Genko's heroic defending :p yes you can't "make" the mod do anything,,but I guess lying and faking stories to the mod could be a factor, and if our respect wasn't on the top of the list that players in Rhythm care about,,,then they prove that they don't deserve it from anyone,,,as most players I know play tw with honor
Lying and fake stories? Obviously whatever the complaint that was made was, was based on some facts, otherwise the account would not have been banned. Accounts don't get banned simply because somebody points a finger and whines to the mods, "That mean guy over there is cheating, I know they are, I just know it!".

I agree with this. I fail to really see the point in insulting each other in-game. Why not just let your troops do the talking?

even you guys used shadow names to your vills,,, but don't act like you guys never used rude vills names,,,there were 3 vills around me that called me a nub and that I will get rekt etc
So because somebody else uses rude village names, you think you should do it too? Saying somebody is going to, "get rekt" is not a breach of the rules. However, if the names included the various words that are not allowed on the externals, then those are reportable.

well you did prove that you are ready to do anything for a win even it was a small win
So this one event takes away from what kind of win this world will be?

Hunter you know more than most people how well Genko can defend,,and how hard is it to take 1 vill from him,,you guys took around 40 in 1 day, anyways this was a stupid move,,,opening all ways to win is a pretty ugly thing to do in abig war like this
Want to know what else was a stupid move? The player that you talk so highly of, doing something that could get them banned. At the end of the day, you can point the finger and blame Rhythm or whoever else you want, but in the end, the fault lies with the person who broke the rules. Instead of using this as a platform from which to talk about how apparently awful it is that Rhythm nobled enemy villages after the owner of said villages broke the rules, why not use this as a learning opportunity or use it to fuel your drive and motivation to beat your enemies on the battlefield?

People that runs to mods to get people banned and then take advantage can go Dont want to get a ban so better stop at go
People that go to mods to have them investigate possible rule-breaking are players that are doing their job as members of the community. If you know about rule-breaking, you're supposed to report it. As for the second part of your comment, obviously the player reporting somebody else doesn't want a ban, after all, who does? It's not that hard to not get banned. Simply follow the rules.

these actions just takes alot of the fun in the game away and think if people go reporting eachother for this and that and mods takes away people/tribes chance to defend villages worlds will get smaller and smaller (well they already are getting smaller)
So reporting the people that break the rules, takes away the fun? Want to know what also takes away the fun? The players who break the rules (including insulting others in-game to the extent that a player gets banned). You can't put the blame on the mods for a player's/tribe's inability to defend villages, because had the player not broke the rules, the tribe wouldn't have had a problem. You say the worlds will get smaller and smaller if the mods enforce rules? The mods these days are much more lenient than they used to be in my opinion. In addition, you say the worlds "will" get smaller, as if that hasn't been the case for years. Since w69, every other odd-numbered world has been very small, and 6 of the worlds from 80-87 are less than 100k villages total (barbs and player villages). In fact, 3 of the worlds (81, 83, and 85) have less than 26,000 villages total between player and barb villages.

Last edited:

DeletedUser118442

wow you really take time to read/answer lol
Facts,mmmm,,,,ok,the fact is that he breach the rules,,,,he trashed talk,,,,he got banned (his rightful punishment),,
what I meant by "faking stories" and I'm only assuming here,,,,is the only possible reason why the account was set as "attackable" is whatever Titu told the mod that made him choose to make it that way,
throughout my time here on Tw,,,I never could attack abanned player,,for any kind of ban (insulting,,double accounts,cheat engines,,etc) that is why I'm abit mad,,and for Rhythm to take advantage from it is just a low for the N1 tribe to do,,I mean you are already wining the war in stats,,why the cheap shot,,

MR.MR

While they may have changed things since I spent many years on the moderation team, but communication breaches ingame were always attackabke bans. The mods dont get to choose the punishment based on "A story tjtu told tem". There is a moderation handbook that lays out punishment guidelines for each type of rule breach.

For you to come out here and accuse Titu of faking stories is inappropriate

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
wow you really take time to read/answer lol
Yes, I do.

I'm only assuming here,,,,is the only possible reason why the account was set as "attackable" is whatever Titu told the mod that made him choose to make it that way,
It is unlikely that mods will make a ban attackable, simply based on a story told to them.

for Rhythm to take advantage from it is just a low for the N1 tribe to do,,I mean you are already wining the war in stats,,why the cheap shot,,

I feel like making a story to help explain this. This still shall involve two mid-evil soldiers with swords. Now, say soldier 1 (Rhythm) comes out a clearing and comes up face to face with enemy soldier 1 (the banned account). Enemy soldier 1 may still be standing there, with their sword held high and pride for the cause that they're fighting for, but soldier 1 knows that enemy soldier 1 is sick (banned) and this sickness causes enemy soldier 1 to not be able to defend himself properly (he doesn't feel good, his reaction time is slower, etc.). However, enemy soldier 1 is still standing there and will engage soldier 1 if soldier 1 presses forward. Should soldier 1 simply ignore enemy soldier 1 until they're healthy again (not banned), or should soldier 1 still attempt to take out enemy soldier 1 because at the end of the day, enemy soldier 1 is still a threat to soldier 1 and his comrades? It only makes sense to eliminate the threat.

In short, for those that probably got lost in my story, at the end of the day, Rhythm are doing their job. Rhythm are nobling their enemy. You said that Rhythm had been hitting the account some before it was banned anyways, so why should they all of a sudden stop hitting the account simply because it's banned? That doesn't make any sense, especially when it's the not Rhythm's fault that the account is banned in the first place. People have to be opportunistic in this game, it's how you can make great advances. It's not taking a cheap shot, it's taking advantage of the opportunities presented to you. After all, this is war. I feel sure that had the tables been turned, you wouldn't have came to these forums to complain about how it's not right that the #3/#4 tribe is nobling villages off of the #1 tribe because somebody got banned.

Last edited:

babbeanton

So much to read and no time + discussion kinda dead so no need to flame it up again but still thinks its a shady move.

you say the worlds "will" get smaller, as if that hasn't been the case for years. Since w69, every other odd-numbered world has been very small, and 6 of the worlds from 80-87 are less than 100k villages total (barbs and player villages). In fact, 3 of the worlds (81, 83, and 85) have less than 26,000 villages total between player and barb villages.

Think you misunderstood that so will explain one more time, mods giving out quick bans without warning will result in people leaving this game for good and worlds will get smaller and smaller as i said in my previous post they are already getting smaller.

if people go reporting eachother for this and that and mods takes away people/tribes chance to defend villages worlds will get smaller and smaller (well they already are getting smaller)

Dunno enough about the full story to say more but for me a warning should be issued before a ban and ban with attackable bans should always be the last option for mods to take.
Seen lots of these internet games die out because bad moderators and rather not see tw worlds get even smaller but like i said i dont know enough about this ban + this thread will never make any difference so im out.

Hopefully people learn to be friendly to eachother and if not friendly atleast not go crying to the overlords.

DeletedUser117447

Better yet they could remain respectful so that the mods or "overlords" do not need to get involved in the first place. The rule has been around for 10 years and is standard in every online game I have ever played.

Not sure why you think tw should be the exception! I banter with enemies all the time, yet I have never been banned. It really isn't that hard.

babbeanton

Better yet they could remain respectful so that the mods or "overlords" do not need to get involved in the first place. The rule has been around for 10 years and is standard in every online game I have ever played.

Not sure why you think tw should be the exception! I banter with enemies all the time, yet I have never been banned. It really isn't that hard.

Dont remember me saying i think TW should be the exception ???? please show me where i wrote that so i can change that cause not at all what i remember saying??

So guess i need to explain once again:

Bans should always be the last action, warnings should be sent out before any ban. Maybee this was done, i dunno and dont care since damage already done just hope mods do that in future cases.

Standard in online games i played (or most) have mostly been like that, maybee you played different online games where they ban without warning as standard but i think that method is wrong.

As for the respectful so mods dont need to be involved i agree.

Just to stop this to get quoted with more people using their own words when quoting me all im saying is:
Warning first then ban (maybee this was done i dunno and dont care at this point).

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Seen lots of these internet games die out because bad moderators and rather not see tw worlds get even smaller
I highly doubt that the mods would be the reason that the game dies out. There are plenty of reasons why the .net community has been consistently losing players, and it's the combination of all those reasons that lead to why TW is where it is today.

As for the moderators, are you saying they are bad because they enforced the rules that everybody should know, and because they didn't give a warning, telling the player that got banned, not to do what they were going to do? That's absurd. If anything, that means the mod is doing their job.

all im saying is: Warning first then ban
I disagree with this. Why should the mods warn you, and how can they warn you? It's not like the mods can read the minds of every player and warn a player that what they're thinking of doing or are going to do, is against the rules. Once the rules have been broken, it's a bit too late to to give a warning. Besides, there are too few mods left, and if they had to go around all time time, warning players not to break the rules, then they wouldn't have as much time to do their job of replying to support tickets.

From the login page, every player can clearly see that there is an button at the top that is named, "Rules". The rules are available for all to see. If you don't understand the rules clearly, then it's up to you to send in a support ticket to ask for clarification, and the mods will gladly help you. Since the rules are so prominently displayed, and by playing this game, you agree to abide by those rules, there is no reason why the moderation team should have to give out warnings. At the end of the day, ignorance of the rules is not a valid excuse for breaking the rules.

Quack

Reaction score
I highly doubt that the mods would be the reason that the game dies out. There are plenty of reasons why the .net community has been consistently losing players, and it's the combination of all those reasons that lead to why TW is where it is today.

As for the moderators, are you saying they are bad because they enforced the rules that everybody should know, and because they didn't give a warning, telling the player that got banned, not to do what they were going to do? That's absurd. If anything, that means the mod is doing their job.

I disagree with this. Why should the mods warn you, and how can they warn you? It's not like the mods can read the minds of every player and warn a player that what they're thinking of doing or are going to do, is against the rules. Once the rules have been broken, it's a bit too late to to give a warning. Besides, there are too few mods left, and if they had to go around all time time, warning players not to break the rules, then they wouldn't have as much time to do their job of replying to support tickets.

From the login page, every player can clearly see that there is an button at the top that is named, "Rules". The rules are available for all to see. If you don't understand the rules clearly, then it's up to you to send in a support ticket to ask for clarification, and the mods will gladly help you. Since the rules are so prominently displayed, and by playing this game, you agree to abide by those rules, there is no reason why the moderation team should have to give out warnings. At the end of the day, ignorance of the rules is not a valid excuse for breaking the rules.

I disagree 100% with your take on how the rules should be enforced. In a game like tribalwars, where days of being banned can put you at serious risk of losing all/some of the effort you have put into your account, bans should only be done to repeat offenders.

The ban affects the game so greatly especially when it comes to bans that permit people to attack the player. If the stakes were not so high in the game, then I can see it being justifiable. Especially in this case, where it isn't someone attempting to cheat the game, but instead someone with a bad temper, a warning should be in place for sure. I moderated various servers with multiple online communities on many different games (mostly Garrysmod) and almost always there is a first warning given.

You are also wrong if you believe something like this doesn't turn a player away from the game. It creates this atmosphere of fear, where you can be banned and it could mess up all you worked for in such a small period of time. People will see this as an example where the mods do not warn people and instead outright ban, and be even discouraged from playing further in the game. Granted, it has the same affect for rule breaking (with people being discouraged from breaking the rules).

I'm not saying people should be let off easy for breaking the rules as they are clearly stated. I'm saying that the staff punishments should definitely be changed around to be a tad more lenient in certain areas of rule breaking, because it can and will mess up somebody's game.

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
In a game like tribalwars, where days of being banned can put you at serious risk of losing all/some of the effort you have put into your account, bans should only be done to repeat offenders.
So the first time somebody illegally logs into an 4 different accounts and sends all the offense and nobles on the accounts at one specific player, we should just give them a slap on the wrists and say, "don't do it again"?

Repeat offenders do tend to get banned more harshly than those who don't break the rules. For example, if you get banned based on the multi-accounting rules, but you had never broken the rules before, you might only get a 1/3 or 1/2 ban. If you've done it before, then you're more likely to get a 1/2 or full ban.

These rules, in one form or another, have been in place for the past 10 years.

The ban affects the game so greatly especially when it comes to bans that permit people to attack the player. If the stakes were not so high in the game, then I can see it being justifiable.
Given we know that bans can so greatly affect a world/account/war, it's up to us as players of the game to make sure that we follow the rules so that we don't get banned. If you get banned because you broke the rules, and you tribe loses a war, or a lot of villages because of it, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Especially in this case, where it isn't someone attempting to cheat the game, but instead someone with a bad temper, a warning should be in place for sure.
Odds are, this isn't the first time that the player who got banned, has been reported. These days mods are much more lenient in regards to mails. In fact, 8 years ago when my account was hacked, the hacker sent a mail with a single curse word in it, and my account got a 24-hour ban. These days, if somebody curses at you in a mail and you report it, the mods will simply add them to your in-game blocked list.

You are also wrong if you believe something like this doesn't turn a player away from the game. It creates this atmosphere of fear, where you can be banned and it could mess up all you worked for in such a small period of time. People will see this as an example where the mods do not warn people and instead outright ban, and be even discouraged from playing further in the game.
I didn't say that people getting banned, wouldn't turn people away from this game. However, if people want to quit the game because they get banned and can't follow the rules, then I'm not going to try and stop them. I don't think there's ever really been an, "atmosphere of fear" in this game because so long as you follow the rules, you shouldn't have to worry about if you're going to get banned. Again, as I had said, you shouldn't have to be warned, you have the rules clearly available to you and by playing, you agree to those rules. If you don't want to play anymore because you broke the rules, you got banned, and things didn't go your way, then that's up to you.

I'm saying that the staff punishments should definitely be changed around to be a tad more lenient in certain areas of rule breaking
Certain areas of rule breaking are more lenient than other areas of rule breaking. If somebody sends you a mail cursing at you, they'll get a lesser punishment than if they send you an outright hate mail, showing you that they know your real name and where you live. Likewise, getting banned because of mails would likely result in a less harsh of a punishment than if you were to be multi-accounting.

because it can and will mess up somebody's game.
This may sound crazy, but would you like to know what else can mess up somebody's game? Somebody breaking the rules. :O Imagine that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.