Discussion: The Watchtower

kyrtgr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Are these issues related to the slow responsivenes of the game which makes it unplayable from time to time?

kyrtgr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Is there a point table of the watchtower per level? The wiki doesn't include one.

DeletedUser

HI,

You can find a points table in German here We will try to get it added to our help soon.

One Last Ride

Skilled Soldier 2017
Reaction score
No, there is honest debate about this. Word is in ANTZ they created 4 massive watchtowers to cover their whole tribe's FL. I think that is stupid as there is no way their tribe could gain benefit from this. However some over their claim this to be the case. If this is true then their is some glitching going on. Since this is a new building I want some sort of clarification on this.

Michael Corleone.

well if thats what going on with the watchtower and it glitching, i guess its fair game right now

DeletedUser94483

As long as this building is treated similar to churches I see this as a brilliant addition. I may not play anymore but if this is NOT like churches and is used in all worlds from now on I could see a lot of issues with this. So if this new building is a world setting option I would love to play a world like that.

DeletedUser

So I have a question. There is debate going on over it, but can your tribemates benefit from your watchtowers? Like can their watchtowers tag incomings for tribemate's incomings?

No. It should only tag your own attacks.

killer maximus

The Watchtower:-way to go TW on ruining the game...............

in the old times they had watchtowers yes absolutely but for the watchtower to tell which attack is fake and which is real (down to the size/numbers of troops incoming) is as if you have given the defenders infra red scanners to watch the body count. even in older times fake attacks were an important part of warfare. you have now totally taken them out of equation, any turtle with a cluster can make a watchtower and move support to the village that has the real attacks incoming. this building would have been fine as long as it does not actually tell the troop size of incoming attacks. this building is against the very essence of tribal warfare and in fact encourages cluster defending. you have given the defenders a massive and unfair advantage. never again am i gonna play a world with watchtower. perhaps, as some one already said, the next thing you might as well introduce is a sniping building so there can be no nobling in the game. give the defenders AK-47s in the next world. thanks for the worst world ever.

DeletedUser119782

If you wish to discuss realism seeing an attack when it is launched from 3 days away is a bigger issue then actually watching the imidiate surroundings to see what's what.

Just my 2 cents though.

DeletedUser18543

If you wish to discuss realism seeing an attack when it is launched from 3 days away is a bigger issue then actually watching the imidiate surroundings to see what's what.

Just my 2 cents though.

I agree. I think you should only see attacks that your watchtower(s) can

DeletedUser120081

Would like to see some worlds without watchtowers like switch them on/off every now and then

DeletedUser65940

Watchtowers.... Ok I like and hate them.

I like them because I can be lazier with defending. I like them because it allows players new to TW to have a better chance to survive against the more experienced players.
I think it also takes some of the fun out of the game.

DeletedUser113982

I agree that it takes some of the fun out of the game. Especially attacking is a lot less diverse. The watchtower has completely removed some of the fun and random attack strategies that some players use, like random nukes mixed with fakes, cat nuking etc. This is all still possible to do, but everything has to be done on a much larger scale to be effective. With the WT the attacking has been a lot more straight forward and pretty dull.