How is this even possible?

DeletedUser111085

There goes the TW team with another offer which can be exploited even better than the last. Buy PP and get a load of free glory to spend in the event shop.

They must have noticed the successful income on the last offer they put out, and are looking to top that revenue.

I mean, seriously ? Another uncapped offer. Even after the complaints they recieved on the first one! No care for the majority player base so long as they're making their money.

Sooner people realise Inno no longer care about their players the better, its been about money for a while now, at least they have events that helps players like me (poor) get some items for free.

https://gyazo.com/dbb3fd877671fbdbfad827457fe7ae0f

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There goes the TW team with another offer which can be exploited even better than the last. Buy PP and get a load of free glory to spend in the event shop.

They must have noticed the successful income on the last offer they put out, and are looking to top that revenue.

I mean, seriously ? Another uncapped offer. Even after the complaints they recieved on the first one! No care for the majority player base so long as they're making their money.

anyEEKq_460s.jpg

DeletedUser120018

Next they'll get rid of the premium exchange. Then we'll have to actually pay to get premium!

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
You think? I quit because of the PE. I was very happy to pay for my prem, but since PE, things got out of control with the PP floating around.

People are using premium to whore their way up to the top and I don't mind that. It's just I don't want to have to spend the actual money to keep up with these people. I prefer the current way where you can PP farm and a few cash cows pay for the rest of us to play :)

kyrtgr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
People are using premium to whore their way up to the top and I don't mind that. It's just I don't want to have to spend the actual money to keep up with these people. I prefer the current way where you can PP farm and a few cash cows pay for the rest of us to play :)
The genius of PE is that is not funded by few cash cows. It gathers small amounts of PP from many people who actually pay for it and even more amounts of PP from those that transfer it from worlds where they PP farm and puts it in the hands of current world PP farmers to use it other worlds. This way many people pay small amounts of cash but the most PP is just transferred from world to world by the means of selling res for PP from one player to another.
Its flaw is that because growing amounts of PP are transferred from world to world, as PP is mostly used for res purchase so they are not spent but just changes hands, PP has been devaluated as there is big supply, but this is not reflected on res prices as there is not a sufficient mechanism for that and in each world it's value starts from the same base. So in every new world increasingly more PP can be made through res sale (because of the increasingly large PP supply) and for a given amount of PP the same amount of res can be bought in every world of the same age, so increasingly more res in total can be bought by the increasing amounts of PP. Think of it as TW inflation and there is not the equivalent of customs, to tax the world to world transfers, or Fed to set the fund rates to regulate it.
Someone with knowledge in macroeconomics can explain it better than me. The bottom line is that the game is greatly distorted and it's strategy element diminished. I wouldn't play a game of chess where you can purchase an extra queen or make your rook move diagonally for a price, so I stopped playing TW. And that's from someone who played TW non stop since en7 on .net or .us. Love the game though and will keep an eye on it in case they fix it.

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Someone with knowledge in macroeconomics can explain it better than me. The bottom line is that the game is greatly distorted and it's strategy element diminished. I wouldn't play a game of chess where you can purchase an extra queen or make your rook move diagonally for a price, so I stopped playing TW.

Thanks for your explanation! It was very enlightening.

For those that don't use the PP features it just means we have to fight even harder. I have never used the PP features and never will, so it means I have to put extra effort in. Early game it means those who don't use PP to grow fall behind but long term skill wins from what I have seen.

DeletedUser120018

PP only makes a difference early on. At some point, the amount of resources you can purchase with PP is small compared with how much you can earn through farming and your mines. Each villa you noble, the PP becomes even less significant. So for non-PP users, it's a matter of surviving the PP users until you can farm and generate resources from your mines faster than PP users can buy from the PE.

kyrtgr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Thanks for your explanation! It was very enlightening.
For those that don't use the PP features it just means we have to fight even harder. I have never used the PP features and never will, so it means I have to put extra effort in. Early game it means those who don't use PP to grow fall behind but long term skill wins from what I have seen.
PP only makes a difference early on. At some point, the amount of resources you can purchase with PP is small compared with how much you can earn through farming and your mines. Each villa you noble, the PP becomes even less significant. So for non-PP users, it's a matter of surviving the PP users until you can farm and generate resources from your mines faster than PP users can buy from the PE.
I agree with both of you. And the faster the world speed, the better the farming and mine production for non PP users. But don't forget that PP users are not always ignorant of the game. Many skilled players on co played account chose to PP boost because as they say "what can you do as it is part of the game now". These accounts by the time they stop using PP (if ever) will have several villages more, bigger mines, will farm more (even x10 more as they've expanded to other farming fields) from a skilled non PP user. This is not just an uphill battle, it's ridiculous. In the past even late starters that had some distance from the core, where these players were usually located, were somewhat safe to grow because of the amount of res needed to build coins and nobles for PP users to expand to the rim fast enough. As newer worlds open, and because of the TW inflation I mentioned above, PP users have enough PP in their hands to buy res that can do even that. And don't forget the items that can be bought in the events for some extra PP, like coin chests, noble decree etc.
The only future non PP users have in TW worlds is that of a sidekick and morale basher for the PP users in their tribe. And even then they will be left behind at the next tribe merge.

Last edited:

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
The only future non PP users have in TW worlds is that of a sidekick and morale basher for the PP users in their tribe. And even then they will be left behind at the next tribe merge.

I've taken an account to top 20 in recent worlds without using any of the PP boosts. It is definitely still do able; though top 10 is almost impossible to crack.

kyrtgr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I've taken an account to top 20 in recent worlds without using any of the PP boosts. It is definitely still do able; though top 10 is almost impossible to crack.
Ok, I'll give you that. It may still be doable, but it gets increasingly more difficult and other factors must coexist, like more luck (in terms of positioning, available targets, good early farms, not getting attacked early), a helpful tribe, willing bashers, available internals, a possible merge. Any of those were your case?

DeletedUser

I agree with both of you. And the faster the world speed, the better the farming and mine production for non PP users. But don't forget that PP users are not always ignorant of the game. Many skilled players on co played account chose to PP boost because as they say "what can you do as it is part of the game now". These accounts by the time they stop using PP (if ever) will have several villages more, bigger mines, will farm more (even x10 more as they've expanded to other farming fields) from a skilled non PP user. This is not just an uphill battle, it's ridiculous. In the past even late starters that had some distance from the core, where these players were usually located, were somewhat safe to grow because of the amount of res needed to build coins and nobles for PP users to expand to the rim fast enough. As newer worlds open, and because of the TW inflation I mentioned above, PP users have enough PP in their hands to buy res that can do even that. And don't forget the items that can be bought in the events for some extra PP, like coin chests, noble decree etc.

I highly doubt it mate... of course no players will be not guilty of using any PP. cause PA/FA/AM itself is used by PP, so technically all players in the top rankings are all using PP..

but I disagree mate that you can't get on the top without PP... I'm not comparing this world with the older worlds, but along the way, PP are just helpful tools, what dictates and makes the game worth while are the skills. PP can't defend during an attack; PP can't attack and send a noble train by itself; PP can't conquer/recap/snipe or other features the game can have.. It's called skills right? I'm not even telling you're wrong, but I just saying that not at all times PP can make a person win, it's the skill and ability of the player/s itself.

kyrtgr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I highly doubt it mate... of course no players will be not guilty of using any PP. cause PA/FA/AM itself is used by PP, so technically all players in the top rankings are all using PP..

but I disagree mate that you can't get on the top without PP... I'm not comparing this world with the older worlds, but along the way, PP are just helpful tools, what dictates and makes the game worth while are the skills. PP can't defend during an attack; PP can't attack and send a noble train by itself; PP can't conquer/recap/snipe or other features the game can have.. It's called skills right? I'm not even telling you're wrong, but I just saying that not at all times PP can make a person win, it's the skill and ability of the player/s itself.
I'm sorry if I communicated it wrong but my criticism is not on PP itself, but the res buying mechanism that is in place. PA/FA/AM are all fine by me, I'm happy to buy PP for my PA myself, although I don't use FA (I farm with an alternative farming method) or AM, but those are just tools that allow you to make some things easier and save time. What they do is doable even without them if you have the time to put into it. They don't alter basic game concepts like resource production and buildings build time. Although I have no big issue on hastening buildings production but with where the res comes from to put them in the queue in the first place.
The PP vs skill popup every time. What about PP+skill vs plain skill? If I play against myself and I use PP to buy res and my other self doesn't, I'll beat my non res buying self every time. Don't assume that someone doesn't know how to play or he doesn't farm because he buys res with PP. What would you do if a train comes to you from a neighbor right out of beginner protection? Or your skilled hostile neighbor (and his friends) has grown at x3 times your villages and has 4 trains available at any time?
Even when at PP vs skill, skill comes on top it will come out in a worse position as it would have lost more troops, more time, more res in that fight than it would normally happen.
Another argument is that PP don't build troops. Wrong again. Buying res with PP allows you to have bigger barracks/stables and have them building 24/7, hence more troops.

DeletedUser120133

dunno, I think now money can win the game...
even you are skilled player, but dont have pp , its hard for you to win the game

DeletedUser117534

dunno, I think now money can win the game...
even you are skilled player, but dont have pp , its hard for you to win the game
Money can't win the game. On speed 1 the game is only in the earliest stages, in mud game pp won't matter and by end game most those players will quit.
Persistence, patience and activity is much more valuable than PP. of course if you have both its even better.

*GranTorino

The TW team really have taken the complaints on board that everyone made about the initial noble package offer so it seems.

They feel with Capture the Crests ending yesterday, its only fit to release the same noble package offer today.

W91 hasn't been without a special offer or an event for longer than a few days since the opening

Just... Wow...

Last edited: