AlwaysAl0ne, Good game ?, Maelyss [THE LIST OF COWARDS]

DeletedUser3160

Well after today I have two new ones to the list;
-"King"Banana
- Ernestoxx

You might want to put BIP up there, but how a tribe conduct it self is reflected by the standards of their leaders, and from my point of view; its a load of garbage. The actions taken the last 24 hours by BIP, is right up there with the lowlife standard put up there by "King"Ragnar and 2Hard. A leader that "leads" a tribe through by pure BS, thinking only of him self and his croonies. Recruting by promising everything, then kick them as soon as they can so that they can noble them. And when he sees he doesn´t have it in him to lead a tribe at war, he defects to the enemy....pathetic....Now I see the same low standards of play beeing conducted by BIP, personlized by the top banana him self. Ignoring alliances, taking in their own enemies, enemies of their allies and dropping alliances, and starting attacks on said allies almost before the mail is sent. And it has been in making for a long time...pathetic. There is no standards in this game, its all about getting ahead, no matter what tactics....pathetic....

Then of course my old tribe"mate" Ernestoxx, which I was planning ops with less then 24 hours ago, sharing information about villages and capasities. Then suddenly, he leaves for BIP, and lo and behold, he is now throwing everything he got at me, including the kitchen sink. Will of course loose my core, will fight for it, but wont cry for it. What really irritates me is the abyssmal moral standards so many of the large players are showing. Anything goes just to get ahead....pathetic...

I wil go down fighting with my tribe, a tribe that has shown more moral standards and cooperation then BIP or 2Hard ever could hope of doing..they just dont have it in them. No wait, their "leaders", the self proclaimed "Kings", dont have it in them....

...patethic people and tribes...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser93681

Winning this world? You have to run pass through my villages first. You can ask sweetmisery what happened the last time she tried to Ops me. It didn't end well for her and her buddy...

Keep sending me those nukes Mael; I eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

He can ask me but I have no idea what me and a buddy of mine did lol

DeletedUser3160

Don't see the problem with this.

1 - Since you registered just to say this I deduce that you feel hit by the comment, and most likely is the kind of player that will walk over your friends to get ahead.

2 - I would like to wish you all the best in your future endevours, but just can´t. HOW you win the game, is almost as important AS winning the game...in my world anyways.

Mithrae

Well after today I have two new ones to the list;
-"King"Banana
- Ernestoxx

You might want to put BIP up there, but how a tribe conduct it self is reflected by the standards of their leaders, and from my point of view; its a load of garbage. The actions taken the last 24 hours by BIP, is right up there with the lowlife standard put up there by "King"Ragnar and 2Hard.

I'd have to disagree with the first one there.

The "just-part-of-the-game" cheer squad will do everything in their power to avoid, ignore and essentially deny that the name of the game is TribalWars. Backstabbing tribemates, as the likes of Ernestoxx and KingRagnar have done, isn't just a cowardly way of playing; it's contrary to the very name and nature of the game. Joining a tribe is rarely a 'til death do us part commitment, but there's supposed to be a level of trust and co-operation within tribes, so there's some pretty obvious no-go areas like spying or turning around to instantly attack tribemates.

But relations between tribes is a different matter; they are rivals by definition, so trust should always be pretty thin on the ground even between allies. The game is surely better and more enjoyable if most tribes honour diplomacy most of the time (which they do), but betraying an ally really isn't in the same league as betraying your tribe. In this case though, I just don't understand why the head Banana didn't simply send Vigilante a mail saying "Hey, these guys want to join us so we're dropping the alliance, but we'll honour a NAP for another week." It's not like Defy is a serious rival that BiP will gain a much-needed edge over by sneakily recruiting from and instantly attacking. Or maybe they do fear us that much :D

DeletedUser3160

Well I put up Tribal Wars as a whole, or at least its Dukes and Barons. Its nothing but a heap of backstabbing spineless cowards playing now, only looking out for theire own hide.

One thing is to merge, one thing is to leave the tribe, but when they lie you straight in the face by praising you and the tribe, and what we will accomplish in the future, then leave or disband the tribe shortly after, it just becomes pathetic.

Where are the dukes and barons with honour? Where are the dukes and barons that are trustworthy? Where are the dukes and barons that actually stick to their word? That works for the best of the tribe, and not just themselves? I challenge the community to come up with some.

I might not have been the best duke when I played on W2, but I assure you this, I had integrity, I could be trusted, I put the tribe first, and did not accept any bullshit. I kicked players like the ones we are seeing as dukes and barons now a days, and we were top 3 all the way to the end. Pathetic sandflies that are not worthy leading a queue to the outhouse of theire HQ.

(ok go on call me a whiner and what not, dont care, the ones that do will most likely be among the people I have described here :p )

DeletedUser

I'm mostly lurking nowadays since my days PnPing and playing TW are basically over, however I may be able to help answer your question.

I believe the metagame changed in the late 50s (though there are exceptions) from a war heavy style of gameplay to a very diplomatic heavy style. I think the reason for this was because of the decline of Tribal Wars, leading to smaller worlds. Within the environment of a smaller world, diplomatic plays are far less risky and far more profitable to make and this continued over time. The last two worlds I have founded tribes were W60 and W87, both worlds vastly different in size and competition and I'll use these two as examples. I'll try to explain this using a scenario where my tribe controls one continent and backstabs or manages to outplay diplomatically the tribe in the next door continent, ending up in our victory.

On W87 there are four complete core continents as well as a handful of partially developed continents. If my tribe dominates K45 and manages to gain control of one of the other core continents, then it is almost guaranteed (minus any internal issues) to control half of the world and therefore be one of the final two tribes and contest for the world since the rim tribes are generally far smaller and easier to push around. Aggression in general is more limited due to the consequence of being outplayed diplomatically which makes leaders more cautious. This leads to situations where tribes making these moves can just consolidate or pick off smaller tribes when they should really not be allowed to. Of course, no-one trusts a swindler, but at this point it is almost too late. The diplomat has gotten his tribe to the final stretch and have more than a 50% chance of winning.

On W60, there are about 40 complete continents as well as a numerous number of partially developed continents. If someone makes a similar play on W60, they have two continents to their name, but there are still far too many continents to take. The reputation consequence that wouldn't be the case in W87 applies heavily in W60. Of course, you could counter that the equivalent would be owning nearly 1/4 of the world and screwing over another part of the world so the comparisons are not the same. This fails to take into account the difference in the amount of effort to take 1/4 of the world. If your tribe is based in the North East, you would have to take over K25, K26, K35, K36, K37, K45, K46, K47 in order in W60 to have an equivalent control of the North East compared to just taking over K45 in W87. So a continent tribe in W60 making a play for another continent doesn't even grant them hegemony over the North East, they would have to do that multiple times in order to succeed without other tribes becoming wary or plotting against them. Furthermore, battle experience, especially experience in prolonged wars is vital in bigger worlds and there are sometimes tribes that will not budge no matter how much diplomacy you use.

A lot of the change in the metagame is a result of worlds getting smaller and smaller due to a dwindling player base, resulting in new strategies being more optimal. The risk reward is more in favour of the diplomatic leader, backstabbing and poor warring ability isn't as punished anymore, the latter becoming practically commonplace in top tribes. In many ways, top leaders are adapting to a new game environment. Furthermore, due to diplomacy being optimal, those sorts of leaders you talk about above are not as often punished for their attitudes since leaders have the most influence when it comes to working out mergers and alliances. Tribes are also less used to drawn out wars and less willing to enter long term battles, meaning that even bad leaders can strike a deal to end up in other strong tribes with their core if their tribe fails. There are exceptions to the rule though, KingRagnar played pretty similarly in W87 which resulted in his account being rimmed.

This is not to say that you cannot play with honour and always stick to your word (both internally and externally), only that it is suboptimal at least externally. I think if you are good enough, you can get away with a lot of things in this game. As a leader, you can certainly play with honour and always stick to your word, you can do absolutely no diplomacy and not even talk to people outside of your tribe, you can win as a leader with no council as a full dictator. I personally think you can win a world nowadays with 10 accounts, provided they are good and well coordinated enough. Not everyone is a top level leader though, some people have to use every trick in the book to win or would sacrifice their integrity for victory. In many a way, this is something one can respect.

I do apologise for the rant, but I found the post interesting as it is something I've thought about for a while.

The Strategist

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I agree with you, in regards to that the worlds are getting smaller, we are getting a smaller player base and joining for each world.

Was a very enjoyable read, and it totally makes sense, but what i also find is that some Leaders may have every intension of trying to play the game how it used to be done. But there will always be a tribe or 2 that will merge and quickly take over 1 side of the world, and the problem with this is it then forces the other leaders hands, they have to react to that move and do something of a similar scale. Just to try and balance the odds, and they do it even though it may be something they do not want to do.

This is very frustrating to watch, when a world can go from 15 top tribes to 3 in a matter of 2 months. With on top of that very minimal fighting.

What i think tribalwars should do to counter this is create a world, that limits the number of tribe changes per week or per month. And to evaluate that number as the world progresses. I mean it is probably not possible. But it would make a world much more enjoyable.

I know they have tried similar things in the past, but they more locked you to your tribe, this i believe would still give you some freedom of movement, but not enough to give these large scale merges a chance.

Been a very disappointing world so far. But i guess i should just accept this is how it is now.

DeletedUser93954

I'd rather see a 10 member limit tribe with a monthly tribe changes limit (although for 10 members that'd be very low)

It'd put into effect a false sense of a full world again. When a world was populated, tribes were more or less fighting to control 1 K in the beginning. With such limitations, one K can feel like 5-6 or even more continents in one, and merge-to-win would be virtually impossible.

Seven Devils

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Gosh, ill give you my 5 cents on the matter.

If you see what happens on smaller servers, you could see the the pattern on .net. Smaller worlds means you are more likly to play with the same players more often = More friends = good people find eachother and play together = less competative tribes that can handle the good tribe. Just wait till you reach end game war within 2 months...

For example, a weak leader would have accepted Tea's merge with Dist, making them the holder of the south while the north had 3 competative tribes. Now, anyone with a small bit of brain cells would understand Tea had the best position to win the world after that merge & if 2Hard had been their allies, how would infamy/bip have stopped us?

Please, do tell me. Cause bip were getting Nowhere against 2Hard (We were losing villages, sure, but we were gaining in the overall count, which is everything in the end) We could have fought with "honour" as some people try and point out, we could have. I am 100% sure Tea would have allowed us to finish 2nd, no doubt. Most likly i would have been invited as well, invited to the Winning tribe.

Takes alot of balls to tell them to go ... themselfs, don't you agree? Siding with our arch enemy bip over an , pretty much "free" win was a hard call to make. But people don't look this far ahead, they just throw out some shit like "to many tribe changes" as if that would ever change something. LOL Yes, it would destroy all chances for rim tribes, such as 2hard to ever compete. I am going to make a wild guess that that wasn't why you mentioned it. Good tribes would abuse that, look at Tea - How many changes do they have? Few. Why would they be punished with a monthly number ? Please do tell, it's not like they can't be allies until they can move people over...

IF you want to change things for the better, you have to look at what the small servers are doing to counter this issue. Ill give you a hint, small member limits makes for interesting worlds. 20 on w90 would have made it far more interesting, would it have not? Taken twice the time, if not more to finish. Some like this, some disslike it. Some like a challenge, some doesn't.

I play to win, i just choose to play on expert level. The day i agree to play on Tea's beginner lvl, the day i quit.

My 5 cents on why i came to .net

DeletedUser

We need smaller tribe limits. 10 would be perfect for a world this size

Total Carnage

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
How about all tribes disband and it's a free for all :D. That way no one is fighting about who joined who.

DeletedUser93954

No, instead people'll complain about who joined who and get hung up on the past.

Essentially, no difference.

Mithrae

Well I put up Tribal Wars as a whole, or at least its Dukes and Barons. Its nothing but a heap of backstabbing spineless cowards playing now, only looking out for theire own hide.

One thing is to merge, one thing is to leave the tribe, but when they lie you straight in the face by praising you and the tribe, and what we will accomplish in the future, then leave or disband the tribe shortly after, it just becomes pathetic.

This reminds me of my first tribe on this world, The Fruit Bowl. Started the world as a few mates playing together, and with no better tribe on our side of BiP we ended up forming our own. We weren't doing too bad I reckon; somewhat selective recruitment and with <25 members beating the local rivals almost twice our size. But we were sandwiched between BiP and 2HARD. Of course we weren't yelling "it's utterly hopeless" in the open tribal forums; but while 2HARD weren't nearly as formidable at that stage as they later became, with no-one in TFB really dedicated to leadership we started talking about diplomacy and a possible merge which would have left almost a third of our members high and dry. Initially we didn't know that 2HARD had agreed to merge only ~8 accounts into BiP of course; but if they'd been a serious tribe, we figured it was better for most members to join a strong contender with dedicated leadership, than for everyone to remain comrades in a slow demise.

Earnestly speaking, I think that a good leader should aim for the best for as many members as possible, and that should begin with not accepting people as members if you don't think they've got a good chance of going the distance. (A major failing of both 2HARD and Defy.) But if they're not holding up, some members will have to be dismissed, and I'm sure many of them see that as a monstrous betrayal. Or when your tribe is stuck in a no-win situation, do you stubbornly try to fight it out, cursing everyone who leaves the tribe as cowards and condemning all who remain to destruction? I suppose that's one philosophy, but unless everyone left in the tribe is unquestionably on the same page, it also makes sense to try to save those who might be saved.

Arguably it's usually if not always the duke's fault for getting the tribe into a no-win situation in the first place, of course :p Certainly for 2HARD (as Seven Devils has tacitly suggested, deliberately attempting to sabotage their ally's long-term strategy by recruiting WET, refusing to accept a probable and marginally-less-dishonourable second place in a pique of futile narcissism), and certainly for Defy (with its ridiculous member count and passively allowing Violently Peaceful and Narcissistic Tendencies to split the tribe in half).

Disbanding Defy was a dick move whoever did it, I'll say that. That's really, utterly pathetic, arguably even more of a backstab than attacking former tribemates since it stunts all communication and advertises even more extreme vulnerability. Even 2HARD didn't stoop that low!

Seven Devils

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Money is on Trex , on who disbanded Defy. I've heard something about him getting hold on baron account in 2hard and kicking everyone ^^

If something is going bad, blame Tea. Honestly, Tea seems to enjoy the spot light, and the rest of people doesn't seem to care much about anything else then trying to pin it on Tea. As if it really matter in the end.

After w90 is over, No one will remember Tea. No one will mention Tea. Then there will come a world similar like this and people will say "ah yes, remember w90 with the tribe that merged 95% of all tribes?" then people will say their name. Tea - The tribe that never stops to amaze, you thought they did stop at 45 members? Nah nah nah lolol, Family tribes for da win

Am i right or what trex/murp/ the other dude on trex account, joyce or w/e ? That nicki forum account, dammit i keep forgetting what his name were. At this point i could probably look it up, but i don't care that much, trex will suffice. Oh and that irish dude.

DeletedUser119950

There is Infamy and there is BiP-you guys together are much bigger then TEA. IF you got tired of TEA on the forums and in game- all you have to do is declare on them and show us how its done,or do you guys go by the saying "dog that barks, doesnt bite"

DeletedUser117579

Money is on Trex , on who disbanded Defy. I've heard something about him getting hold on baron account in 2hard and kicking everyone ^^

If something is going bad, blame Tea. Honestly, Tea seems to enjoy the spot light, and the rest of people doesn't seem to care much about anything else then trying to pin it on Tea. As if it really matter in the end.

After w90 is over, No one will remember Tea. No one will mention Tea. Then there will come a world similar like this and people will say "ah yes, remember w90 with the tribe that merged 95% of all tribes?" then people will say their name. Tea - The tribe that never stops to amaze, you thought they did stop at 45 members? Nah nah nah lolol, Family tribes for da win

Am i right or what trex/murp/ the other dude on trex account, joyce or w/e ? That nicki forum account, dammit i keep forgetting what his name were. At this point i could probably look it up, but i don't care that much, trex will suffice. Oh and that irish dude.

You sound like you're trying to keep your cool. But you're failing miserably.

DeletedUser

*The following is acknowledging of seven forgetting names..*
Damn dude every conversation leads to TEA with you... TreX this.. Al This.. Joyce? Naaww bro its pronounced J A K E. Say it with me now, Jake.

*The following is in response to sevens comment who had whos sits..*
You heard TreX had the sit of the last Baron of 2Hard? That maybe so but I heard King Banana had the sit of the last Duke. Crazy right? That cant be? As TEA is the only ones capable of doing some puppet type arrangments..

*The following is in response to seven saying TEA will be forgotten..*
When W90 is over no one will remember TEA?? I dont know if you heard but some group on the UK servers if I remember correctly mimic TEA from I think its en90 on the .net servers (Someone should tell them they spelt biscuits wrong on their tribe profile.)??? Hmmmm...

*The following is in response to sevens jealously of TEAs overall time in the spotlight*
Oh no! The number 1 ranked tribe on en90 likes the spot light that you all given them? How dare they! Its unthinkable! Never in tribal wars history has the top ranked tribe been given the spot light and ran with it. They should have blushed and ran with stage fright! Curse you TEA! *Shaking my fist in the air*

*This is to acknowledge sevens effort to hide the creepish fettish over TEA*
But all in all seven I give 6/10 to trying to stay low key on this post and act like the thought of TEA and its leadership and what they have done so far doesnt make you wet. I bet you drink TEA now just because of TreX, Al, and now say it with me J A K E.

Mwuah! Love you guys so much I always do enjoy reading the forums especially this world.

EDIT: =Bit Cloud= was like all serious and stuff and couldnt not think of why I couldnt make just one point and why I had to be all over the place and repeat myself numerous times. So I kindly put in bold what each thing was for.