Stats and Predictions - Top 10 tribes

Michael Corleone.

Have I ever denied that it wasn't enjoyable? I'm not stuck on that either, though its obvious that you've moved on from it since you've joined the hugging now.:oops:
Oh my I have made friends with people that were my enemies on a past world

giphy.gif

Deleted User - 10618707

Yeah, recruiting from every war (Including attempting with the current war) isn't huggy. Yet hitting a common enemy is.

200.gif

Pretty sure warring then letting your allies recruit falls under the same category;)

Mithrae

Here's a few thoughts emphasizing (perhaps inordinately) the rather different strategic styles we've seen from the top three tribes on this world.

en90

Infamy - Quiet and cautious

Infamy have had no publicly declared wars nor (I'm pretty sure) any war with a top 10 tribe at all. They rank third in tribal ODA, but at 71% the size of the rank one they have only 50% of their ODA, and for tribal ODD they rank only 7th in the world with 16.4% of the rank one score. Besides a few nukes sent against TEA shortly after BiP's declaration - perhaps to keep the former on edge and tie up defences which might otherwise have been sent to the front - their most notable tribal activities to date have been merges with C9 and PSST. Infamy have mostly kept a fairly low-key presence on the external forums, though a number of accounts which merged into the tribe have been openly antagonistic towards TEA.

That said, they arguably stand better placed to win the world than either of the other top two: They still have considerable room for growth in the one-third of the rim which they control, and while TEA and BiP members spend the next month or two wearying themselves with ongoing warfare, Infamy have ensured that they have plenty of room for recruitment and will be well-placed to take advantage of the best moment to strike at whichever rival they consider most threatening.

TEA.F - Aggressive expansion

In stark contrast, TEA maintains rank one in both ODA and ODD and has been in a series of top 10 wars: From memory PSST, Jager, ANTZ, WET, 2HARD and, currently, BiP plus multiple rim tribes. In at least three of these cases they have recruited a key member from their enemy tribe in the early stages of the confrontation; considering what an effective approach that can be (at least in the short term), it's curious how much animosity this fact has roused against them. Unlike BiP and Infamy, TEA they have not thoroughly secured their rim, but if they can accomplish that they stand to dominate fully half the map in their own right. It's hard to say how much of that was part of the plan all along: Much of their eastward expansion - warring with WET and merging with Distortion - might be spun as simply taking the pressure off their former allies 2HARD, who had been at war with Defy.F, WET.F, Distortion and BiP (and losing ground to the latter two). A number of TEA members have had a voluble presence on the external forums, including myself now I suppose, in some cases up to and including striking tribal signatures which I'm sure are the envy of W90's externals :p

With current enemies on all borders, and slightly more reason than BiP to suspect that they will be the victims of an Infamy gang-up, TEA probably have the most challenging road ahead of the top three tribes. But with so much room to expand on their rim - and with P-W providing them a similar member count per dominated continent as BiP - they arguably have the most potential both to grow and to maintain an active roster of quality players into the final phases of the game.

BiP - Cunning opportunists

From the earliest weeks of the world, BiP already had a strategy in place for 2HARD to dominate their rim before merging their key players back into BiP. That backfired into the longest and arguably most interesting war the world has so far seen - admittedly not saying much - with 2HARD declaring on BiP shortly after the latter had begun ramping up attacks on the FaL/Stand family (though that itself was piggybacking on ANTZ's war against them, it should be noted). It's hard to say how much was BiP diplomacy and how much was 2HARD's own penchant for making enemies, but over time 2HARD found themselves warring not only BiP but basically every other surrounding tribe as well... while eventually even tribes friendly to BiP like Dispatch and my former tribe Defy found themselves thrust into impossible situations by BiP's allies C9 or (in the latter case) BiP themselves as their usefulness expired. The forum contributions from the players on BiP's duke account have usually come across as measured and reasonable, but to my mind the most striking feature of their posters has been the level of vitriol exchanged between the Kreiz/Daenerys and Seven Devils accounts while they were at war.

January's 2HARD-BiP sequence of betray/declare/merge/declare against TEA has certainly been a strategically intelligent move on their part, precisely because they can't afford to give TEA the time to secure their vast rim, though they're running the risk that it'll end up playing in Infamy's favour more than their own. The biggest question I've always had is whether the union between BiP and 2HARD's core members - old enemies with precious little trustworthiness on either side - would hold up, but so far it seems that at least two key 2HARD accounts are thoroughly proving their worth in supporting their new tribemates. Honestly though, I still have to suspect that BiP has the least chance of winning the world. TEA have a challenging road ahead, but if they can pull together and pull it off they could control half the map; they'll have a very strong position against BiP, and potentially even stand against the inevitable Infamy gang-up if they grow too powerful. By contrast if BiP prove to be the strongest competitor, an Infamy gang-up against them would most likely prove utterly devastating since they'll be sandwiched between the two enemy tribes with few back-line villages to draw upon.

But perhaps if and when Infamy declares against one tribe, the other tribe will soon call a tacit peace, and we'll see a long-standing balance of power between the three. That'd be a laugh :D And given that possibility, it's still very much anyone's guess who will end up on top, at this point. Perhaps what we've been told by the ghost of Holly future will prove to be prophetic.
I am from the year 2018. . . .

Last edited:

DeletedUser

An interesting post, I'd theorise though that the three tribes are far more similar stylistically than one would think and it is circumstance rather than intent that has caused the differing outcomes.

DeletedUser93954

A number of TEA members have had a voluble presence on the external forums, including myself now I suppose, in some cases up to and including striking tribal signatures which I'm sure are the envy of W90's externals :p
I still need to get one :oops:

Lost One

TEA.F - Aggressive expansion

In stark contrast, TEA maintains rank one in both ODA and ODD and has been in a series of top 10 wars: From memory PSST, Jager, ANTZ, WET, 2HARD and, currently, BiP plus multiple rim tribes. In at least three of these cases they have recruited a key member from their enemy tribe in the early stages of the confrontation; considering what an effective approach that can be (at least in the short term), it's curious how much animosity this fact has roused against them. Unlike BiP and Infamy, TEA they have not thoroughly secured their rim, but if they can accomplish that they stand to dominate fully half the map in their own right. It's hard to say how much of that was part of the plan all along: Much of their eastward expansion - warring with WET and merging with Distortion - might be spun as simply taking the pressure off their former allies 2HARD, who had been at war with Defy.F, WET.F, Distortion and BiP (and losing ground to the latter two). A number of TEA members have had a voluble presence on the external forums, including myself now I suppose, in some cases up to and including striking tribal signatures which I'm sure are the envy of W90's externals :p

With current enemies on all borders, and slightly more reason than BiP to suspect that they will be the victims of an Infamy gang-up, TEA probably have the most challenging road ahead of the top three tribes. But with so much room to expand on their rim - and with P-W providing them a similar member count per dominated continent as BiP - they arguably have the most potential both to grow and to maintain an active roster of quality players into the final phases of the game.

TEA has the high ODA , because they pushed mostly offense early game, and cleared many weaker opponents. No real Wars have been fought by TEA , whatsoever.

PSSST was a real war?

Jager was never a real tribe or threat, and no war took place. Good Game? was recruited , FKA was attempted to be recruited , and Jager fell apart, as they always would with bad players and bad leaders.

ANTZ - Not a war... TEA recruited BigGinge, caved the front line, humiliated and demoralized the main ANTZ group... they were just food, with only a couple accounts even defending . No real offensive fight back against TEA from ANTZ.

WET - Not a war, recruited a few players, the rest ran like hell, WET was always going to fold.It didnt even take a fight from TEA.

2Hard - Did TEA actually even War with 2hard ? I dont recall that....It seems BIP was the main War enemy of 2hard.

TEA has really not had much of a real fight all game. weak opponent , and high point recruiting bolstered the ego's of mediocre TEA players. Sure , TEA has some great players , and did some damage on multiple fronts in this world...
But to keep spinning things like you guys have done all the hardest work on w90, is ludicrous . AlMurph has vanished off the externals , account is stale , Who is running TEA these days?

A few TEA members standing strong with the spinning of stats, the others have fallen silent.

Im STILL waiting for TEA to smash "X ANTZ" players from the Core.

TEA should do what they are good at, bashing smaller players, recruiting , and pushing towards the Rim. They certainly cant handle a war on the frontlines with strong enemies.BIP or Infamy .

I suspect TEA has already been desperately trying to work out diplomacy with tribes , because the writing is on the wall .. They have no more room to recruit.. They are terrified of Infamy to the north... and the large frontline with BIP and Infamy doesnt bode well.

DeletedUser93954

I think Lost One's mind is... lost. A one sided war is still a war, ESPECIALLY in 2Easy's case, where they declared war on us, and proceeded to not even cap 1 village.

DeletedUser93954

If TEA have never fought a real war, then neither has BiP/2Hard. BiP and 2Hard had planned to merge since the very beginning, so their war was fake. Also, any other tribes they may have fought that crumbled are no longer alive, so that also means they have not fought real opponents, and only fought weaklings so hence no wars.

You know how stupid that sounds, right?

DeletedUser118986

There are no more excuses to make. Mistakes were made that led up to this and now the realization sets in. Either TEA continues back pedaling or they start playing like a tribe and not for one's self. The war is far from over and it would be pathetic to throw in the towel now. The ops were ran at half effort at best and more effort will be needed if they want a chance. The decisions that are made for a tribe's future are always to be blamed on leadership. But a tribe's failure in war because of lack of effort is a tribe's failure.

Celaethon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
If TEA have never fought a real war, then neither has BiP/2Hard. BiP and 2Hard had planned to merge since the very beginning, so their war was fake. Also, any other tribes they may have fought that crumbled are no longer alive, so that also means they have not fought real opponents, and only fought weaklings so hence no wars.

If you just would put as much effort ingame as typing on forums...

Seven Devils

Still Going Strong
Reaction score

You are probably the most vocal and misinformed player on this entire world. It is quite hilarious actually :p

DeletedUser50733

The war is far from over and it would be pathetic to throw in the towel now.
Who's throwing in the towel? Lol.

They are terrified of Infamy to the north... and the large frontline with BIP and Infamy doesnt bode well.
Terrified? :D You were talking about spin, that's a terrific example right there.

Nobody is scared, we know what's coming. We've known since day 0, I think every man and his dog saw that elephant walking down the stairs.