Server time Delay/Lag

• Thread starter DeletedUser120525
  • Start date

DeletedUser120525

Guys, I've been playing for years already and this has been a problem for me especially when i coordinate attacks.

I'm located in the Philippines, which i believe corrupt especially when it comes to the internet. It's so laggy.
I usually play it here with connection time to server: 400/500ms, sometimes it's 1k, 2k, and sometimes it's 3k to server time.
Even if I do refresh the page before sending an attack or an attempt to snipe. It's always so delay that i had pretty bad timings on it.

I realized this when I'm trying to speed up my construction when there's only 3 minutes left, usually the button turns green and I could already press it at 3:01, sometimes 3:02 -- Meaning i'm delayed by a second or 2 on the TW Server Time.

I would like to ask you guys, if anyone knows how I could fix this, or perhaps an application which helps me see the "Real" Server time of tribalwars? It would help me improve a lot on my timings which are really shaky and luck dependent tbh.

I heard of DS Timer, had it installed in my PC but i don't know how to use it, and the language is not english so i really don't know how to run it. If DS Timer application does help.

Messenger of Peace

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
if the delay has a specific range ( for example for me it's between 250 ms to 300 ms or for someone it could be 800 ms to 900 ms) you know it and can consider it but if the delay has a various range as you said above(from 400 ms to 3 s) that's because of your connection and you can't do any thing to fix it; but for speed up your connection and lowering the lag you can delete your browser history that can help a bit

Upvote 0

DeletedUser120525

if the delay has a specific range ( for example for me it's between 250 ms to 300 ms or for someone it could be 800 ms to 900 ms) you know it and can consider it but if the delay has a various range as you said above(from 400 ms to 3 s) that's because of your connection and you can't do any thing to fix it; but for speed up your connection and lowering the lag you can delete your browser history that can help a bit

will try it, thanks man
tho the internet here in this country is usually 1mbps or less.. so it really sucks.
I was hoping there's an app whereas i could see the real server time.

Upvote 0

Anaconda

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
First off. compliments to all for knowing about lag time in attacks. You would be surprised to know how many players (new and experienced) have no clue about lags. Kudos.

Deleting your browser history is a great idea and may help. Might call your provider and see if they have any options for you to use.

I am not aware of any script that will fix your timing issue.

However, there are two ideas you might try to stabilize your lag times. First is, try sending a pre attack fake with same troop type as real attack less than a minute before your real attack. Get the timing lag from that attack and adjust your main attacks timing accordingly. Second idea, use a command line editor and ping tribalwars.net. This will give you the IP address and ms time to ping server. Not sure it will solve your timing issues but its worth a shot.

Hope this helps!
Blessings,
Iron Lady

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DeletedUser120525

Second idea, use a command line editor and ping tribalwars.net. This will give you the IP address and ms time to ping server.
how do i do this? I haven't tried this yet.

calling my provider here isnt a good idea. The payment for mbps here is scam..

Upvote 0

Ibra Gonza II

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
how do i do this? I haven't tried this yet.

calling my provider here isnt a good idea. The payment for mbps here is scam..

Go to start menu. Type 'cmd' hit enter.
Type:
ping {your world id}.tribalwars.net

For example for me:
wCpZvdt.jpg

Note the circled numbers matter as these are your lag on your internet connection (pc to server). You should take the average, is the most reliable to work with.

Note that this would only give you an indication of lag over 4 seconds, so if you're on a very unreliable internet connection (in some countries lag differs from day to day), you should try to use a bigger timespan to calculate lag in.

If you want the most reliable lag calculation in this case, run it for a longer while by using the -t option. Let it run for like 5 minutes and then abort it by hitting ctrl + c

command ping -t en80.tribalwars.net and then aborting it after 5 mins would give you more pings, and as such a more accurate average:
yKWRwBV.jpg

As an extra note:
This is only the lag from pc to server. This does NOT include your human lag. This is a lag caused by you thinking 'I gotto press that button' and actually pressing it. Depending on reflexes, this is a human lag that needs to be taken into account too. You can experiment a bit with fake attacks, try to hit it as close to 00:000 (sec:ms) and see what total lag is :)

Upvote 0

Anaconda

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Thanks Ibra Gonza II for giving a wonderful explanation of pinging to help get transmission lag time. I could not have done a better job. Awesome in stating it does not include lost time in human responses. Nor does it account in process time for Innogames servers. Only way to get your optimal attack times with your situation is practice a whole lot.

Plus, even if you cannot resolve consistent attack times, there is still a way to be effective. However, this would require a good leader or general to be able to use your army and position despite your Internet connection issues. Leaders can have you do things like packet defense, fake attacks, setting traps, secondary attacks, etc, all which do not depend on split second timing.

Happy Gaming!

Upvote 0

Ibra Gonza II

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
All the above ... and practice cancelsniping :p
It is less prone to error regarding lag (you got a full second and theoretically dozens possible attempts). Saved my butt a few times.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser120525

Go to start menu. Type 'cmd' hit enter.
Type:
ping {your world id}.tribalwars.net

For example for me:
wCpZvdt.jpg

Note the circled numbers matter as these are your lag on your internet connection (pc to server). You should take the average, is the most reliable to work with.

Note that this would only give you an indication of lag over 4 seconds, so if you're on a very unreliable internet connection (in some countries lag differs from day to day), you should try to use a bigger timespan to calculate lag in.

If you want the most reliable lag calculation in this case, run it for a longer while by using the -t option. Let it run for like 5 minutes and then abort it by hitting ctrl + c

command ping -t en80.tribalwars.net and then aborting it after 5 mins would give you more pings, and as such a more accurate average:
yKWRwBV.jpg

As an extra note:
This is only the lag from pc to server. This does NOT include your human lag. This is a lag caused by you thinking 'I gotto press that button' and actually pressing it. Depending on reflexes, this is a human lag that needs to be taken into account too. You can experiment a bit with fake attacks, try to hit it as close to 00:000 (sec:ms) and see what total lag is :)

Thanks a lot bro, this helps! Thanks to Iron lady as well! :D

Upvote 0