So... Who's joining W96 with me?!

DeletedUser93439

Yea I say I’m noob. Watch W96 to see !!!
Considering I know the guys you played in .ro TSL with and I know how good Dmoron and consort are. Ye. You might just have been carried by them. Noob. Not so sure, they're picky so you at least have an agreeable playstyle.

DeletedUser119075

If there are any Pre-mades about and are looking to recruit, send me a DM and we can talk over skype to see if you are the tribe I'm looking and if I meet your requirements.

mattcurr

Hey Matt for the record I didn't read any of your argument about startup vs late game, but I really didn't read any of your posts apart from the one about us being friends! <3
I've only really read what h0lly said about HC & the fact a few people linked me saying I was called trash so I NEEDED TO DEFEND MYSELF. I'm not sure how that's lacking a backbone but cool whatever.

I've have no qualms admitting I didn't read this thread so haven't seen the crux of your argument, which I believe whilst accurate in terms of what it represents "players can survive by not being near good players doesn't implictly make a good player", I think it doesn't consider that that such a tiny proportion are actually good it can apply to most players, including many who are "successful" starters. I certainly don't believe longevity is a measure of ability though.

Anyway I feel no need to yell on the forums about late game being "bad" because of this. I know it is, everyone who knows me knows I think that. I don't really care to recycle the arguments. There's probably just as many "bad" players "succeeding" (rather than just existing) through startup though (dependant on your yardstick, I can think of plenty activity abuse "farm farm farm" pointwhore top 5 start-up accounts over the years, including some of my own). Most account and players are pretty terrible at all points, in all honesty. I certainly don't recall saying all sides are equal, what I did say was both sides are an activity slog. One is logging in every day for x amount, one is logging in all day for y days.

This game is typically just getting the most active accounts together at any stage and with a modicum of teamwork and you'll do well.

I just don't really care about pissing contests here anymore, people (not just you) seem to put too much value in being right on the internet. (Although to most that is a huge part of the appeal of the tw forums I guess, I certainly used to feel that way)

duty_calls.png

For the record I believe from nobling your first village up until 200-300k in theory to be the "hardest" if you can get there your account should be fairly strong. In agreement with you, that assumes a tough location and that's pretty rare (at any stage). Most people can coast till late game if they are at all "decent" (assuming they aren't playing without a tribe/decent tribe). Meeting a good opponent earlier on is definitely a disadvantage compared to meeting them later on though (even if you win), defence gets more powerful as time goes on whilst offense becomes less powerful. So of course it is. Succeeding at early game is a precursor to continued success. If you die then you're screwed. The number of "decent" opponents is tiny though, most people are probably nowhere near them and instead get beaten by someone more active (which isn't all that different to being out lasted).
I agree with your game points, I said something like you can account for variables previously these are the things I was thinking of.

You have a lot of words though for someone professing their apathy to being right or proving your point. There is a veneration of being above things, being humble, looking down on the things others are doing. All of these stances are inherently hypocritical in their announcement and subsequent explanation but fear not I doubt many can link those dots

DeletedUser119197

IMG_3875.JPG

Why have drama ? When you can have llama ?
IMG_3876.JPG

twenty-five

I agree with your game points, I said something like you can account for variables previously these are the things I was thinking of.

You have a lot of words though for someone professing their apathy to being right or proving your point. There is a veneration of being above things, being humble, looking down on the things others are doing. All of these stances are inherently hypocritical in their announcement and subsequent explanation but fear not I doubt many can link those dots

Now who's trolling! Though pissing contest != posting my views. Pissing contests pretty much descend into yelling I AM RIGHT YOU ARE WRONGi certainly posts showing agreement and expansion rather than disagreement don't fit into any definition I know of... You've never been one for picking up anything beyond what you want from a post, always turn the others post into a microcosm of what you think they said or meant and it's time to move on. I think the only way to remain internally consistent according to you would be seemingly not to post (oops again). You're nothing if not predictable though, your reply was pretty much what I expected!

Some people never left the chimp stage, and stay throwing shit at each other... (I couldn't think of a better one, hope you're happy.)

mattcurr

Now who's trolling! Though pissing contest != posting my views. Pissing contests pretty much descend into yelling I AM RIGHT YOU ARE WRONGi certainly posts showing agreement and expansion rather than disagreement don't fit into any definition I know of... You've never been one for picking up anything beyond what you want from a post, always turn the others post into a microcosm of what you think they said or meant and it's time to move on. I think the only way to remain internally consistent according to you would be seemingly not to post (oops again). You're nothing if not predictable though, your reply was pretty much what I expected!

Some people never left the chimp stage, and stay throwing shit at each other... (I couldn't think of a better one, hope you're happy.)
Now now that's a false characterization, I named specific values that become hypocritical when posted about in a specific way. The look at how humble I am it makes me great paradox. To stay internally consistent all you need do is not brag about how you don't care about being seen as right while trying to argue your point in the same way as you're criticizing. But like I said this nuance is lost on most I suppose like your supporter over there you've yet to pass the amebia stage.

@shahyd dude you already challenged me once and got yourself and your premade rimmed publicly while bragging about how you were going to win. Just give it up already you had your shot at me you were put down with minimal effort.

I also fail to see where I was rude I asked him some questions told him what I was doing first then told him dryly what he didn't get right. If he'd asked me to explain I would have instead he threw a childs hissy fit so I just stayed polite then ignored him

Deleted User - 4669627

@shahyd dude you already challenged me once and got yourself and your premade rimmed publicly while bragging about how you were going to win. Just give it up already you had your shot at me you were put down with minimal effort.
lmao?
funny how different 2 perspectives can be, i recall challenging you to a fight, i clearly recall you backing out in literally every way you could

3928140303c561b422a4baa3bc99faef.png

AFTER that lie failed, there was this

28a0dd1eeb41b97205967dc944d23167.png

13f7eb821e725d36208ebc2d12ae26ae.png

w100, we'll see what you're made of? or will it still be a cowardly liar who likes to talk shit but not back it up?

Last edited by a moderator:

mattcurr

lmao?
funny how different 2 perspectives can be, i recall challenging you to a fight, i clearly recall you backing out in literally every way you could

View attachment 1192

AFTER that lie failed, there was this

View attachment 1193

View attachment 1194

w100, we'll see what you're made of? or will it still be a cowardly liar who likes to talk shit but not back it up?
Dude you got rimmed by us in that world what do those posts have to do with anything. Woo we tricked you so you couldn't back out so you didn't know that we were next to you for a couple of days? You then got rimmed by us like what exactly is your point

twenty-five

Now now that's a false characterization, I named specific values that become hypocritical when posted about in a specific way. The look at how humble I am it makes me great paradox. To stay internally consistent all you need do is not brag about how you don't care about being seen as right while trying to argue your point in the same way as you're criticizing. But like I said this nuance is lost on most I suppose like your supporter over there you've yet to pass the amebia stage.

I didn't once play an "I am humble" card, or brag about not caring; I also certainly never claimed to not care about being right; I said people put too much value in it. Quite different things really. Basically it shouldn't be the goal, but believing oneself to be right and putting forward arguments supporting that isn't really contradictory to that notion. Everyone likes being "right" to some degree though.

Your comprehension skills are dwindling. Although you've exhausted my evolutionary knowledge, I think amoeba came first so perhaps I can't go any further back. Not a biologist (or even a scientist) here. You're pretty gassed up though!

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
Ah the good ol' cut and thrust of internet forums debate.

Have at ye sir! Prepare your rebuttals!