Playing CiV5 with W96 players.

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
civ5_logo.png

Hello people,

This weekend, probably saturday evening don't have a set hour, me and DA Nemesis will be playing some multiplayer Civ 5. Something we had planned on doing for some time now.
Since we're both playing W96 I thought we might as well invite some other people. Just 1v1'ing is boring afterall, and adding AI into it will be harder to balance.

So I'm hoping to get a group of 6-8 people together.
The way multiplayer works in Civ is pretty easy tbh, you can invite people into an already ongoing game and they take over from an AI. So basically me and DA will be starting a game and I'll invite other people to jump in. If somebody has to leave, another person can take over.
This does mean of course that you could be taking over from a shitty AI or player.

Anyways, I will be streaming this on my Twitch (See my signature.) and I'm hoping to have a good time ;)
If you've always wanted to wreck me or DA, this is probably your best shot people :p

DeletedUser

I haven't played for a very long time so will be pretty rusty. Any idea of what the settings are going to be?

Sinful Super Unicorn

Sounds fun to me! Hit me up on steam when this goes down. Also, you might want to make it quick speed so the game will end sometime this year :p

DeletedUser119841

I am largely a noob at CiV5 but I still try all the time anyway. If ping isnt an issue you have a kiwi that could join

DeletedUser93439

Murph, this is part of holly's strategy to distract his enemies with playing another game while he works his intricate machinations to progress towards his opponents demise.

So it is an elaborate - yet very relevant - plan to use the external forum as an additional tool to confuse and disadvantage his enemies.

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Great idea. I am going to distract my W96 enemies by playing them in FIFA just like Holly. What a great use of the forums! Good luck and let us know how you get on. Can’t wait to hear.....

DeletedUser93439

This clashes with our FIFA tournament.
If you've ever played CIV you'll know that it doesn't. At thirty minutes per turn past the initial 10 turns or so, the more players there are, the more matches you can play. And after 2 80min matches, I think a 30 min break wouldn't be too bad to stretch your legs, grab a beer, eat some pizza and get cozy in the seats again.