TribalWars Comunity Server!

• Thread starter DeletedUser121307
  • Start date

DeletedUser121307

Hello, as a lot of people are slowly migrating to Discord, as an alternative to Skype, I thought it would be cool to create a TribalWars Community Server! The server is set up such that you may leave and join any servers you want simply by just using the command ?rank.
If this takes off, it would be a fantastic way to connect the community! In addition to the external forums.
Come check it out!

Nearly 100 members from World 96 are already a part of it, hoping world 91-95 will give it a try as well!
EDIT: https://discord.gg/nSXy7Gp new link! forgot to set it to not expire

77086bbef23e88466551cfe7ead7e8d0.png

Last edited:

King Ming

this isn't under the staff's responsibilities so they don't have to help you. i'd recommend just keep clicking OK and you'll eventually get to your destination

DeletedUser121307

updated the link, it expired, forgot to set it to permanent.

also the hell are you talking about Ming?

DeletedUser121307

any specific reason? discord is objectively better than most of its competitors, so id like to hear your reasoning behind it.

if its just personal preference then that is perfectly fine, but if you havent given it a proper go, then i strongly suggest you do. give it a month of daily use, its a bit more complicated than the other programs, but its not cause its complex, but cause it has a lot of features.

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
any specific reason? discord is objectively better than most of its competitors, so id like to hear your reasoning behind it.

if its just personal preference then that is perfectly fine, but if you havent given it a proper go, then i strongly suggest you do. give it a month of daily use, its a bit more complicated than the other programs, but its not cause its complex, but cause it has a lot of features.

I've heard a lot of people say it's objectively better, but than fail to give any evidence to support that statement.
Additional features is personal preference if the person you're trying to convince has no use for them.

I have no use for Discord. I use TS for gaming (Been on a server for years and years with mates.) and Skype for TW. These are seperate groups for the most part as well. I don't need a program that does both.

Ibra Gonza II

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Discord is way better than Skype and is actually a big competitor of skype. They target gaming communities and provide a way more reliable service than skype (how many times haven't you been mad with skype for not showing chats, for not being able to chat with friends, for calls dropping out, .. ? I never had that with discord and I've been using it for a solid 2 years now.). I myself would trade Skype any day for discord.

The issue is that a lot of people here have the so called facebook syndrome where people just do not like change, regardless if it's better or not, because they have had it for years. Facebook made a change to their front end years back and it was immediately bashed down by their community because they were used to the same layout for years already, even though the change was rated much better by people who only just joined the community.

The same happens here. People are used to skype for years so they are hesitant to change to a different platform, even though it clearly is better. (no more multiple skype chats to manage stuff within a tribe, can just create one server, make multiple channels and make some roles to manage which member has access where). Also, noise cancellation on Discord for calls, which neither Skype or TS has (or at least not implemented in a way that it works) !

So I don't think there are really people here that truly 'dislike' Discord. It's just the facebook syndrome. You're used to something different.

PS: Some interesting reading in case you reaaaally want some reasons:
https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp...hould_i_use_discord_instead_of_skype_and_ts3/

https://www.slant.co/versus/4554/5637/~skype_vs_discord

https://medium.com/@vishnunaroth/why-discord-is-better-than-skype-1e2e2850a25

https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/10/discord-video/

Last edited:

DeletedUser121307

thank you, and id like to add some statements too.
a lot of these are true for Teamspeak, but i wont take that into consideration cause i think TS3 is GREAT for simlpy getting in a call, and talking with people. but i think TS3 is terrible at building a comunity, which is essentially what we are currently using skype for, so id like to compare the two.

On skype, you add contacts to talk to them. this is not necessary on Discord, as you can DM anyone you share a server with.
Skype lets you create group calls, while discord lets you create Servers. Each server with their own text channels, and voice channel for easy group calls.
caac31f239644ab29c01ce8fa6cb7da3.png
Skype lets you mute a sertain server, so you wont get any sound, or popup notifications.
Discord lets you mute individual text channels, or set notifications to "everything" (good for support channels, or announcement channels) or you can set it to Mention only, meaning you will only get a popup notification if anyone uses @here @everyone or @yourname. which means you get a popup if anyone is saying anything relevant to you. how many times have you seen 100+ messages on skype and wondered if any of it was relevant? no problem, now you can ignore everything and only read whats relevant to you.

Discord also makes it VERY easy to see whos online. and you can create ranks, these ranks can give people access to hidden channels. so lets say 1 channel for the council, 1 channel for dukes form other tribes, etc. you can also make it so that NOONE has access to any channels unless you give them access, unlike skype, if the link leaks, they get full access.

also lets say you make an alliance server, you can change the colour of each rank, so its VERY easy to see who you are talking to.
12278ca71a6d344890c7daafa523296b.png
(this is unrelated to tribalwars btw)

Discord is perfect for building a community, TS is perfect for just getting in a call with friends and have a great time. Skype is garbage, absolute shit, and not useful for anything.. it had screenshare, which was my LAST and only reason i used it... but now discord has that too, so yea..
and the simple reason is, Discord came out 2 years ago, and is updating itself ALL the time. Skype came out many years ago, and besides all the reskinning the're doing to match their current operating system, the core program hasent changed at all.

i really love how you called it the Facebook Syndrome, i still use facebook, but i fehh hate it. the only reason i still use it, is cause everyone else uses it. i never post on there, i only go inn once in a while if i wanna get in touch with people.

just look at what the "kids" use. teenagers are really quick to jump on the trend, and use whatever is best, simply because they have an amazing ability to change their habbits. im 21yo now, and im already experiencing the "nah im fine with what i have" syndrome, there are so many cool things teenagers these days use that im missing out on, but discord is definitely not one of them.

Last edited:

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
It's also very easy on Skype to mute a chat unless someone mentiones certain keywords.
It's also easy to avoid certain individuals in this community on Skype, it wouldn't be on Discord if just anyone can join.
It's also easy to avoid everyone on Skype by appearing offline if you want to be, while still playing something on Steam. Discord would show me active on Steam playing games. Useful for when I don't mind, but annoying for when I do.

Ibra Gonza II

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
It's also very easy on Skype to mute a chat unless someone mentiones certain keywords.
Can do it even more specific on discord than on skype.
It's also easy to avoid certain individuals in this community on Skype, it wouldn't be on Discord if just anyone can join.
Can just mute/leave any channels that individual is in while still being on the general server. And as such easier than on skype. Role management perfectly allows you to be in one server but seperate channels :) Don't even have that on skype, it's all or nothing.
It's also easy to avoid everyone on Skype by appearing offline if you want to be, while still playing something on Steam. Discord would show me active on Steam playing games. Useful for when I don't mind, but annoying for when I do.
Can also just set your status offline on discord (bottom left). Next to that it only shows which games (and if) you're playing if you allow the app to do so. You can perfectly well disable it :)

So looks like Discord still outweighs skype :p

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
But why would I spend time tweaking my discord if my Skype already perfectly does everything I want it to?
You're telling me to DL Linux instead of Windows because it can do more? I don't need more. It's like the damn gas chromatograph's at work, I don't care that they can do a million things now, I just need it for simple purity analysis.

Can do it even more specific on discord than on skype.

How can it be more specific than "Give me an alert when someone mentions... Leadership" for example.

Can just mute/leave any channels that individual is in while still being on the general server. And as such easier than on skype.

How is that easier than just knowing that those people simply cannot join the same chats as you on Skype? In Skype I have to do absolutely nothing except keep them blocked and know the people in my chat aren't dumb. In Discord I have to mute the person and avoid the general areas? ... Why? I simply don't want to see them. You're making this hard for me should we be using Discord.