How to be a member of Obey?

• Thread starter DeletedUser118633
  • Start date

DeletedUser120744

As account owner of the One Last Hello account I feel like it's an appropriate time to comment, considering Henry took the liberty of sharing our story on this gem of a thread. I was going to avoid posting on externals but one key point was left out which to me I feel is the only point that matters in this entire situation that transpired.
I do not speak for Henry nor does he for me, I actually do believe solidly that you, Nest, were honest for the most part in your apology and explanation to me once I had contacted you wondering why I had an incoming train from TruffleShuffleorRiot. You told me you followed up on our account and your reason for deciding against it due to Henry, which I believe. You claim it was just an oversight to telling members our area to not attack, which I believe fully as well. The part that 100% think is downplayed is the part where you did not follow up with us about deciding against recruiting our account. You claimed that you had forgotten to tell us about your decision which I can normally accept but the fact of the matter is that 12 hours before our incoming train from Truffle, we posted our progress in the crest event as well as overall in the group chat between myself, you, Henry and James. To me, if I forget about talking to someone, typically when they send me a message, specifically about their progress in regards to recruitment, it would remind me that I needed to speak with them and I would address it.

But you didnt. In your apologies to me as well as here you admit to not remembering to follow up sooner(meaning you made a decision days before) and then when we reached out in regards to our progress your only response was "wow, you guys are going to explode with growth!". Because of the timing of us sharing this with you with the timing of truffles train, I understand why Henry sees it as he does. ME on the other hand, I simply see a duke that didn't have the backbone to be direct with me. You had the opportunity to be direct with us 12 hours before that train, and you still did not take that opportunity. You avoided it, and avoided letting me down. You simply can't say that it was forgetting to follow up when we literally contacted you with our progress after you already made a decision about our account and you commented on that progress but chose not to say anything. Henry may be blunt, and very quick in his judgements, we even butt heads with it a lot. But at the end of the day, I'd rather a coplayer that I know will always be straight forward with me(even when it's bad news) versus a duke who didn't have the heart to tell us about their intentions for our account.

You can call it butthurt, crying, it's really not. If anything I'm glad things went as they did, I have been having way more fun on this world than I have previously In this game :) w96 has turned out quite great. And I hold no ill will even to obey members as I play with or have played eith a good number of them past and present. But I will not ever have respect for you as a duke.

Only sharing because really I feel this is the most important part easily of all that happened, the most important reason for being anti-Nest, and literally no one commented on that.

I'll crawl back in my hole now ig ^^
(Btw, my name is Laura, not Claire)
-Not Claire

DeletedUser

It seems like your issue is that Nest, a busy guy at the time leading a rank 1 tribe and having various things going on in his real life, chose to prioritise his tribe over you. Yea, he should have probably told you that you weren't in because of Henry (which I think is a fine decision, I still wonder why I got invited based on that reasoning) and probably should have mentioned to Truffle to back off until he had told you no. It's pretty clear that Nest was very busy with his RL, which translated into the tribe as well which is part of the reason Cody and Max have stepped up.

But honestly, at the point Truffle has a train going to you, what is he going to be able to say to you that is the right answer for you that isn't going to annoy Truffle? At that point, Truffle, as a member is more important than a prospective member that Nest knows he's not gonna invite.

DeletedUser120744

It seems like your issue is that Nest, a busy guy at the time leading a rank 1 tribe and having various things going on in his real life, chose to prioritise his tribe over you. Yea, he should have probably told you that you weren't in because of Henry (which I think is a fine decision, I still wonder why I got invited based on that reasoning) and probably should have mentioned to Truffle to back off until he had told you no. It's pretty clear that Nest was very busy with his RL, which translated into the tribe as well which is part of the reason Cody and Max have stepped up.

But honestly, at the point Truffle has a train going to you, what is he going to be able to say to you that is the right answer for you that isn't going to annoy Truffle? At that point, Truffle, as a member is more important than a prospective member that Nest knows he's not gonna invite.
My point is he had the opportunity to address this with us 12 hours before the train, during his talking in our group chat, when he even admitted later that days before this he had made the decision about our account. Of course I would not expect him to tell Brodie to back down after I sniped the first train, My issue and point of post was never that.

Being busy is fine and again I said I understood and felt he was honest on most of those points. The point is he had the opportunity when speaking to us prior to the train, after deciding against recruitment. He chose not to, which I only can see as an attempt to avoid a difficult conversation. That was my only issue in the series of unfortunate events that unfortunately sometimes take place in this game.

RealFrankUnderwood

Only sharing because really I feel this is the most important part easily of all that happened, the most important reason for being anti-Nest, and literally no one commented on that.

That's because I didn't make an anti-Nest post. My post wasn't in any way specific to Nest. If those were my intentions, would I not have made my post two months ago?

I made an anti-OBEY post and I'm not entirely sure how many different ways I have left of saying that, before people get it. One paragraph was about Nest. My post didn't centre around him in any way. Nest himself chose to pull the focus onto himself and myself. I really don't care about him lol. There are lots of Nests in the world. They are what they are. I question the character of the entire of the OBEY tribe. For following a spineless founder; for playing dirty; for claiming they don't play dirty. I questioned the character of several people with my post. It's everybody else who chose to focus on what I said about Nest.

ToPaT

5f112d3b4027b0c551f727eb0a9ea6f4.png

It's in Dutch but feel free to look up the translation if you don't believe my translation.

Feel free to make it copypasta'able atleast?

EDIT: I know it seems okay to you and all, but it's literally me typing 100 random letters into google translate to get any context. When you can atleast copy paste it in a spoiler or something.

DeletedUser120081

EDIT: I know it seems okay to you and all, but it's literally me typing 100 random letters into google translate to get any context. When you can atleast copy paste it in a spoiler or something.

Would you mind if I would join escape

I would be dissapointed.. however i understand

DeletedUser102104

And just a reminder to all those Obey members hating mint on Darren. Obey are the ones who recruited him into the premade. Must be a vigorous process of selecting quality like that.

OBEY didnt recruit him into it ;) they recruited me and arne into it and we brought Darren to coplay but we all quit so it was him hehehe

DeletedUser120081

I'd have no issue with that, you do you boo. <3
I declined the invitation to join both wet or escape and in return I've got roughly 140 nobles incoming <3

current incoming noble count 154 (+12 dead) my bad :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser120220

I would have if i didn't get accused of twisting words/translations last time i did that.
Next time i'll do both :)

Rxstuntz

I can confirm from my typing in translate it translates somewhat as "would you blame me if i joined escape" and "it would be bad but i understand" or something like that.

DeletedUser105906

I declined the invitation to join both wet or escape and in return I've got roughly 140 nobles incoming <3

current incoming noble count 154 (+12 dead) my bad :p

I am laughing pretty hard at this. I'm glad you declined both, more free points for us. At least you're gobbling up those barbs to keep your account alive, well done.