Dawn of the Tyrants (D.O.T.T)

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
20zqih3.jpg

Every world has a turning point. A single event that will shape the way the rest of the world plays out. The tribes involved may not be the tribes that finish the world but they are responsible for setting events in motion that will not be able to be undone. Let's take a look back at how the tigers have ascended to
TYRANTS.

ATTACK - RECRUIT - EAT - REPEAT

The practices of D.O.T.T. have been well documented throughout the world 98 forum history.
This only serves to further expose the way in which they will try to win the world.

In an time when Crockery (CHINA) had dismantled the tribe known as Yin/Yang, a duo of tribes working together for dominance in a growing continent, D.O.T.T. recruited from the enemies of CHINA. The war had only lasted a few days when members started abandoning ship. Some members formed OPEN which D.O.T.T. also recruited from. They chose to include players who abandoned a war. The image below is courtesy of the Average Pessimist's update which clearly shows the recruiting habits.

2dvq0df.jpg

The TYRANTS had grown through recruitment of cowards and war refugees to a point where they were sizeable. CHINA and D.O.T.T. entered talks to establish a relationship as we shared a long front and neither tribe had their focus on the other at the time. A line was set up as a perimeter along with diplomacy so that we could grow in the areas we wanted to. CHINA knew that it would set it's sights on a formidable NAMU and frankly did not want the threat of a 2 front war. There were transgressions of the line, including sob stories of how players such as the former Yin/Yang player Full Contact was throwing a fit about transferring villages he nobled 24 hours after agreements were in place. Excuses were given on communication errors so CHINA let it go to show such little problems were fixable when working towards an overall great relationship. This was only the first transgression. Members left D.O.T.T. and became rogue players, attacking CHINA villages but the Tyrants were too "busy" to deal with the problem. The transgressions leaned heavily on the side of D.O.T.T. with plenty of skype logs to back that info up.

At the time of war for China and NAMU, CHINA and Squeal, the Tyrants had vaguely worded intent to attack Squeal.
( I say vaguely because the wording was very careful as the Tyrant's leaders are smart, clever players)

In relation to starting to attack Squeal

"We are nearly ready as well, just barb munching along our old border line then we go. Will give you a heads up." - PhilCollins (DeadMax)

Instead of attacking Squeal as they implied they would, the Tyrants found a time when CHINA would be attacking on two fronts with both NAMU and SQUEAL and decided their best bet was to drop any relationship and attack a previously unprotected front, creating a mass of tribes fighting CHINA almost creating a 360 degree front to defend. This was met with some disappointment but we all knew it was a strategic play that could happen. They almost made it the full 72 hour cool down without breaking their word, yet a player started sending 12 hours prior. I'm sure it was another "communication issue"

Threat letters and recruitment letters have both gone out before the start of the war, the TYRANTS throwing attempts to dismantle China and Namu's newfound relationship to stop the progression of D.O.T.T. (which again, we all expected from creatures of habit) While we hope for a good war, we also hope that TYRANTS will not be able to recruit their way out of this war. Good luck to those who will be engaged in battle, and good luck to those who will join against TYRANY

DeletedUser111316

Well the rather disgraced leader of Yin Yang has finally decided to return to the externals. I think we all know which side I'm rooting for lol.

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this war. OPEN successfully defended against you. Namu slaughtered your ass. Both times your opponents were half your size. Although DOTT won't have morale on their side this time, I expect the outcome will be similar.

And for anyone who wants to say that China didn't surrender to Namu, thats BS. As far as I recall, Namu/SoNamu beat China about 60-20 for conquers. What motivation would Namu have for surrendering/merging into China? Namu would have won this war, whether DOTT joined or not. I believe that once DOTT ended their NAP with China, China realized they were screwed and had to make peace on one front. Now for the actual reason Namu merged with China, I don't have the faintest clue, but I can assure you that this war wasn't a "tie".

And although I am favoring DOTT, please wipe Fullcontact off this map. One of my biggest regrets from Yin Yang was not removing his selfish, arrogant, conceited ass from the tribe.

Good luck to all (especially DOTT)
- Scorp

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Well the rather disgraced leader of Yin Yang has finally decided to return to the externals. I think we all know which side I'm rooting for lol.

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this war. OPEN successfully defended against you. Namu slaughtered your ass. Both times your opponents were half your size. Although DOTT won't have morale on their side this time, I expect the outcome will be similar.

And for anyone who wants to say that China didn't surrender to Namu, thats BS. As far as I recall, Namu/SoNamu beat China about 60-20 for conquers. What motivation would Namu have for surrendering/merging into China? Namu would have won this war, whether DOTT joined or not. I believe that once DOTT ended their NAP with China, China realized they were screwed and had to make peace on one front. Now for the actual reason Namu merged with China, I don't have the faintest clue, but I can assure you that this war wasn't a "tie".

And although I am favoring DOTT, please wipe Fullcontact off this map. One of my biggest regrets from Yin Yang was not removing his selfish, arrogant, conceited ass from the tribe.

- Scorp

Thanks for your insight Scorpianhead, While you might point towards accurate stats for your conclusions, I believe that there is a larger picture to be seen here, one that both China and Namu shared, hence the the tribes finding common ground and a goal to work towards. China and Namu both treated each other as respectable opponents on the battlefield. Our reasons are our reasons for coming together as one.

We all have mistakes we make regarding other players and while you might still root for DOTT, we will do our best to make sure fulfil your wishes as far as Full Contact!

DeletedUser121389

Surrender: to yield (something) to the possession or power of another; deliver uppossession of on demand or under duress.

I absolutely fail to see how what happened here can in any way, shape, or form be categorized as a surrender. I would call it diplomacy doing its work - two tribes at war figuring out that the only way to be able to last in this world and become a big influence is to put aside their fight and work together instead. By the way, anyone with a mind for tactics would see that this was the best solution for both parties moving forward, so you saying you cant understand why it happened just shows what you lack (mayhaps even one of the reasons your tribe failed? :) ).

Next point, you mentioned that the war was around 60-20, but failed to recongize that China was in the middle of an OP in which they happened to take a pretty big ammount of villages(not from Namu, but from warring parties). This would put the score closer to even, but lets operate on the 60-20 stat that you mentioned, that means Namu nobled 40 villages from China, which makes up around 5% of the total village ammount that China has. Ignoring the fact that China were growing in other ways, that means that 5% of Chinas villages were nobled in 1 week. If we assume that the nobling tempo remains around constant, and ignore the fact that most of the nobled players were players that were very exposed inside Namu cluster. That puts the end of the war at around 20 weeks(with no outside influence).

My point with the above paragraph is just to highlight how ridicolous it is to say that Namu crushed China. Yes, they were definetly winning statwise, but 40 villages is next to nothing in the big picture. China also had an insane ammount of FL (which, by the way, the OP reduced pretty significantly) which makes holding on all fronts that much harder.

You are right on one point: If DOTT joined the war, China would probably end up falling pretty fast, especially since Just then also would have to declare to get their share of the villages. The problem with this sceneario is that Namu would come out a looser, they are smaller than DOTT and Just and thus their nobling abilities are reduced, this means that while they would certainly grow on China, so would the other tribes, and by a bigger ammount than Namu. This would then end up with Namu being left in the dust in terms of size, which you obviously dont want as a tribe(unless you are stupid).
As such, again, the choice they made to negotiate with China was probably the best solution they had, sorry you fail to recognize that.

- Scorp

Answers in bold.

PS: Sorry if my answers are unclear or whatever, i am a foreing speaker :)

DeletedUser121468

Cool post, got to love new world 98 content! Good read man! Want to respond to one sentence real quick:

They almost made it the full 72 hour cool down without breaking their word, yet a player started sending 12 hours prior. I'm sure it was another "communication issue"​
I was actually the player who accidentely send out 5 fakes prior to the ending of the cooldown. I just came back to the account after a two month break and misread something said by my coplayer. I accidentally switch 'Chinamu' and 'China' (or Crockery) around and made a fakescript for the wrong people. I apologized to all of the people I sent a fake to (5 fakes in total) and the guys who responded were okay with it. I told them it were fakes only. I think it is a bit weak to use me being stupid and accidentally sending five single rams to your players as propaganda. Did not expect those five rams would cause that much problems. Anyways, I wish you guys good fights and keep on writing posts like this. I love them.

H.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Cool post, got to love new world 98 content! Good read man! Want to respond to one sentence real quick:

I was actually the player who accidentely send out 5 fakes prior to the ending of the cooldown. I just came back to the account after a two month break and misread something said by my coplayer. I accidentally switch 'Chinamu' and 'China' (or Crockery) around and made a fakescript for the wrong people. I apologized to all of the people I sent a fake to (5 fakes in total) and the guys who responded were okay with it. I told them it were fakes only. I think it is a bit weak to use me being stupid and accidentally sending five single rams to your players as propaganda. Did not expect those five rams would cause that much problems. Anyways, I wish you guys good fights and keep on writing posts like this. I love them.

H.​
That would then make multiple players because i was completely unaware of yours! Thank you for the kind words at the end!

soulofsteel8

Reaction score
i wish i could remember the last time salty UBM made a long, drawn out war dec. post about DOTT, i wonder how it ended

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
i wish i could remember the last time salty UBM made a long, drawn out war dec. post about DOTT, i wonder how it ended
Yesterday is the only lengthy post in which ive addressed DOTT.. and this isnt salty UBM yet, but he does exist! Not sure what you are referencing?

NATMUS

Funny thing how we turned down VIK merge....

2rzrksy.jpg

As you can think i was a little surprised a duke and a baron of a tribe would leave all their members behind just like that, but they were willing to do anything to survive. I rejected their offer of course, and yet they had a back up plan to ask DOTT for a merge and can't say i'm not surprised DOTT took them in. Feel sorry for the others left behind on how much they supported the bigger players just to be kicked to the curb... I of course called them out when they jumped shipped, only for them to return to VIK to send a few nukes out then return to there beloved DOTT.

Anyway our War on VIK is 3 1/2 days old and seems like they have all crumbled and moved tribes...

5362dz.jpg

DeletedUser116150

There were transgressions of the line, including sob stories of how players such as the former Yin/Yang player Full Contact was throwing a fit about transferring villages he nobled 24 hours after agreements were in place. Excuses were given on communication errors.

Firstly, I can guarantee that Fullcontact himself is a big communication error. Back in Yin/Yang he nobled a village from our own member because he lost 2 LC attacking a barbarian village (he thought that it was spiked by that member whose village he nobled). And when I asked him to explain, he replied with 10 different old wives sayings.

So I recommend everyone to not even write to this guy as you will probably lose a few IQ points if you do. Even though you will get an answer within a minute (because he is active literally 24/7), his arrogance and irresponsible personality are so deeply-rooted that you won't get anything out of it. But yeah, please do delete him from this world.

Threat letters and recruitment letters have both gone out before the start of the war, the TYRANTS throwing attempts to dismantle China and Namu's newfound relationship to stop the progression of D.O.T.T. (which again, we all expected from creatures of habit) While we hope for a good war, we also hope that TYRANTS will not be able to recruit their way out of this war. Good luck to those who will be engaged in battle, and good luck to those who will join against TYRANY

Secondly, can't really judge them because China has done the same in the past (before the Yin/Yang war for instance). So if you knew about it then here is some hypocrisy going on.

Finally, I'm not rooting for either of the tribes as it is already hard for me to be in an alliance with a tribe that consists of so many backstabbers and traitors (DOTT - even though they also have a few decent players). That being said, it's time for me to leave this world.

I wish good luck to everyone. And please do not jump tribes during the wars, it takes all the fun out of it.

NB: Great post UBM, was a good reading. Keep it up.