Discussion: Automatic Account Deletion

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
Hello,

In this thread you can share any thoughts and questions regarding the announcement about automatic account deletion, which can be found here.

Regards,
The Tribal Wars Team

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
What if you've changed your name since creating the account and your forum account name is now different to your in game?
Then you should send in a ticket through the support system to get help with that.

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I re read the post and realised my error before you posted. Regardless, thank you for your quick response

DeletedUser66411

When the account is deleted I assume that deletes all premium points associated with that account?

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
When the account is deleted I assume that deletes all premium points associated with that account?

I also would like to know what Inno will do with the PP it gets from all the accounts that haven't logged in a year.

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
I change my ingame account name several times a year. I currently cant change my current account back to Mintyfresh because of the 6 month time out. I dont want my forum account changed so what are my options?

Also additionally what was the rationale behind this decision?

darkx

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
If an account is deleted I take it all of his threads go with him?

DeletedUser87534

Hello,

In this thread you can share any thoughts and questions regarding the announcement about automatic account deletion, which can be found here.

Regards,
The Tribal Wars Team
I have just restarted playing after a three year leave. Will my account be deleted?

DeletedUser

I have another question, when it comes to deleted forum accounts, do the posts get deleted too? Also, lets say if my username on the forums The Nemesis123 gets deleted, does someone else get to create my account and impersonate me?

wolf66

"This means that having different names on the forums and in the game will only be possible by having multiple game accounts, that need to be actively used (at least log in once every 12 months to avoid the automatic deletion)."

Does this mean a player can have more than 1 account? (player has more than one account on same world) This confused me as I thought we could only have 1 account.

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
"This means that having different names on the forums and in the game will only be possible by having multiple game accounts, that need to be actively used (at least log in once every 12 months to avoid the automatic deletion)."

Does this mean a player can have more than 1 account? (player has more than one account on same world) This confused me as I thought we could only have 1 account.

No i have about a dozen accounts thats i've used on/off for years on different worlds. You're only restricted from having 2 accounts on a single world

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
Yes, whether there are premium points on the account or not doesn't matter.

I change my ingame account name several times a year. I currently cant change my current account back to Mintyfresh because of the 6 month time out. I dont want my forum account changed so what are my options?

Also additionally what was the rationale behind this decision?
1) Send in a ticket.
2) The new GDPR/DSGVO regulations.

If an account is deleted I take it all of his threads go with him?
No, they only get unassigned and will be displayed as being made by "Guest", I believe.

I have just restarted playing after a three year leave. Will my account be deleted?
No. Any account that is active now won't be affected. It's accounts that haven't been logged into for a year at the given date that will be deleted.

I have another question, when it comes to deleted forum accounts, do the posts get deleted too? Also, lets say if my username on the forums The Nemesis123 gets deleted, does someone else get to create my account and impersonate me?
If your username is deleted, it's possible, though I don't currently know the functioning of the deletion and can't say if there's any blocks on that. As for the posts, see my reply to darkx.

No. You cannot multi-account on a world. But you can have game accounts playing different worlds or just being logged into once a year to keep them active.

This update will likely reduce returning players. I would not have returned if my account had been deleted.
We're aware of this. Unfortunately, there is nothing to do about it. However, players will receive a warning before their account is deleted, so if they are using an active email they should have every possibility of preventing that deletion.

Last edited:

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Yes, whether there are premium points or the account or not doesn't matter.

So Inno will just take people's PP. Say someone spent $80 buying PP then decided to take a break for some reason. Inno would just be stealing their money.

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
So Inno will just take people's PP. Say someone spent $80 buying PP then decided to take a break for some reason. Inno would just be stealing their money.
It's an interpretation I can sympathize with, but the Terms & Conditions covers it.

DeletedUser107359

It's an interpretation I can sympathize with, but the Terms & Conditions covers it.
What of the terms and condition legalities in effect when the premium points were purchased?

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

Of course. Inno will have had a lengthy discussion about the legality of this before pushing out anything that can steal people's money.

What exactly in the terms and conditions allows this?

lionguard32

In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Team
Reaction score
I think the better procedure would be to put the account as disabled after the 12 month period and people should have to go through a process to essentially "unlock" their accounts. This will save space in inno servers(which is the reason for this I'm assuming) while also allowing players to take a break from the game without losing everything.

I also have a question. Do you have to log onto both the forum and the game to keep the account from being deleted or if I log onto the forum does it also protect my game account.