HAVE YOU BEEN RIMMED? DID SOMEOME DO YOU WRONG?

DeletedUser123996

All these keyboard warriors pretending like they are or played against the best players ever 8-9 years ago. Totaly different game now, skills that would define you in the past aren’t necessary anymore now, and vice versa. So many things we used to have to do manually or with tedious setups like bookmark farming, t-train, etc etc are now either built into the game or scripted. Some of the scripts available to us today would make an oldschool player who never used any scripts before look like a first time player. Stats from 10 years ago don’t matter.

Needless to say the statement “I played against the best players ever on W13 that’s the only reason I got rimmed” is bullshit. You got rimmed before and they weren’t the best who ever graced the game. There are other servers, people who played worlds you didn’t. You need to get that stick out of your arse and learn to respect everyone you don’t know, cause until you know how good they are, anyone can be better than you. Now you just sound like you like jacking off to your own selfies before bedtime. Get over yourself.

Wait its not normal to jack off to your own selfies before bedtime?

El Bahattee

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
All these keyboard warriors pretending like they are or played against the best players ever 8-9 years ago. Totaly different game now, skills that would define you in the past aren’t necessary anymore now, and vice versa. So many things we used to have to do manually or with tedious setups like bookmark farming, t-train, etc etc are now either built into the game or scripted. Some of the scripts available to us today would make an oldschool player who never used any scripts before look like a first time player. Stats from 10 years ago don’t matter.

Needless to say the statement “I played against the best players ever on W13 that’s the only reason I got rimmed” is bullshit. You got rimmed before and they weren’t the best who ever graced the game. There are other servers, people who played worlds you didn’t. You need to get that stick out of your arse and learn to respect everyone you don’t know, cause until you know how good they are, anyone can be better than you. Now you just sound like you like jacking off to your own selfies before bedtime. Get over yourself.
Facts

IPandamonium

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score

Although I entirely understand what you're saying, I must say the only thing different about TW now is that each world has 100k less players and that everything that was hard is now built into the game, thus making it easier.

To even compare the best OG's to the current TW's best is an insult, even back then noobs and easy hits were not common, this is my first world back and 95% of the players I've made contact with are absolutely shocking.

Only point I will agree with, is yes, these nubs claiming to get beat by the best of the best are chatting waffle, they didn't play every world, they can't really compare. Worlds were so large and long lasting with so much micro-management, it's very rare you'd find top tribes of x world playing against top tribe of x world on a new world.

With that being said, I'm not saying there aren't great players about these days, of course there are, but if we took the winning tribes from several beginning worlds (1-20), and placed them against winning tribes from w90-110, I'm very sure that the win percentage would be very favourable towards the OG's.

OG's > New G's, non debatable.

.Yoda

Although I entirely understand what you're saying, I must say the only thing different about TW now is that each world has 100k less players and that everything that was hard is now built into the game, thus making it easier.

To even compare the best OG's to the current TW's best is an insult, even back then noobs and easy hits were not common, this is my first world back and 95% of the players I've made contact with are absolutely shocking.

Only point I will agree with, is yes, these nubs claiming to get beat by the best of the best are chatting waffle, they didn't play every world, they can't really compare. Worlds were so large and long lasting with so much micro-management, it's very rare you'd find top tribes of x world playing against top tribe of x world on a new world.

With that being said, I'm not saying there aren't great players about these days, of course there are, but if we took the winning tribes from several beginning worlds (1-20), and placed them against winning tribes from w90-110, I'm very sure that the win percentage would be very favourable towards the OG's.

ive played a total of 5 or less worlds,

bring it on old timer

Snorlax

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
mc daddy fits the meta; a sick combination of playing tribalwars and popping pimples all day.

El Bahattee

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score

I have to agree with Sophie on this one. The game has changed a lot since its early days. Its logic, people are not gonna be as good in the beginning of the game, as they are after a few years. We have new scripts that didn't exist at that time, built in trains, FA, AM and so on. I know everyone loves a good story of some "oLd SchOoL pLayEr bTw" coming back and dominating but in most cases its just not gonna happen. The game evolves, the players get better and better. The fact that more micro managment was needed and the fact that worlds were bigger doesn't mean a thing.

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I have to agree with Sophie on this one. The game has changed a lot since its early days. Its logic, people are not gonna be as good in the beginning of the game, as they are after a few years. We have new scripts that didn't exist at that time, built in trains, FA, AM and so on. I know everyone loves a good story of some "oLd SchOoL pLayEr bTw" coming back and dominating but in most cases its just not gonna happen. The game evolves, the players get better and better. The fact that more micro managment was needed and the fact that worlds were bigger doesn't mean a thing.

not to mention pp exchange, pp farming, events, flag boost minting, all elements that changed dynamics and flow of a world immensely

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score

I think I largely agree, speaking as someone who hasn't played in a good ten years and was a top 20 player on a number pre-w30 and early worlds, and led multiple top tribes, here are my two cents. Having started this game in beta (pre-w1) I think I have a decent perspective. I also am still in the top 5 posters of this forum so must have discussed this game a fair bit!

Firstly, while it's true methods like bookmark farming and t trains are no longer relevant now, these were widely used by several hundred players on any server. They didn't make you a top player.

What made players top players was tribal cooperation, strategy, and simple know-how over startup and growth techniques. It was a much more strategic, calculated and tribal game. How many know now that with each level of mine increases the cost by 26% but resources by only 16%, then offsetting that factor against the 2:1 ratio of iron on the market? Or the considerable judgement it took when deciding between a early axe/spear, LC rush or mines strategy, depending on the barb/active ratio, inactive/active ratio, competition and tribal composition in your immediate area. Does it even matter anymore?

There were no quests, no accumulated flag bonuses, paladin bonuses, pp purchases, events or inventory. There wasn't a few thousand players as we talk of now but tens of thousands, with no PP farming accounts, no growing barbs or bonus vills (till a bit later) and a lot less people restarting. There was therefore a lot more aggressive farming of active players and less so barbarians which tended to be less in number and have very low level mines (so FA may not have been quite so useful...). There was also far less elitism, players were ok with multiple 150 player tribes and family tribes on top of it. You could be a very good player, taken out by the masses at a time when there was no fake limits and a lot less individualism. Coplayers were also therefore far less prevalent, as there was a much increased focus on the tribe rather than player. It took a hell of a lot of communication, skill and activity to get ahead. Even the gaps between players were much lower due to lack of purchases. Diplomacy and tribal dynamics were therefore much more important, part of the reason why the forums were so active.

Premium purchases have now completely removed the skill of the early game. There is now much less competition, while the game has increasingly become about multiple coplayers and how much PP you can cram into your account to farm you into the mid game. There was also no account manager so players would not mass noble barbs then rely on it to build it up for them. Nobling barbs was actually a terrible strategy, now it's a very good one (even if a bit dull). The gaps between players were also considerably less back then, while there were considerably more players, the game was therefore much more difficult. It truly was much more 'tribal wars' than it is now.

There is also a fundamental level of bias in this thread given this discussion is between players playing now. There also seems to be no recognition here that there is a level of plateauing in regards to skill and know-how in this game, making activity and now also PP a much more deciding factor once you are comparing the top 100 or so. Good players love the hero myth, but that doesn't make it any less a myth. There is declining returns to knowledge and experience in this game, something that is irrefutable.

So why do I largely agree? Well the premise of his statement is clearly bullshit, shit players survive and good players get rimmed all the time, now and then. Secondly, I agree it's now a completely different game. I would believe it is fundamentally flawed by PP, but even if it weren't, scripts and activity requirement has vastly increased. However, to say there is more skill now is quite clearly bullshit also. There may have been different mechanical requirements, but the requirement for strategic skill and tribal cooperation was considerably higher back then. Not to be overly negative, but it is no longer quite the strategy game it used to be. I am enjoying my return, but this game is and will remain, a shadow of its former self.

Last edited:

DeletedUser41903

I never got rimmed in w13 and it was harder to play back in the day. Now everything is done for you so if you suck today at playing tw then maybe this game is not for you.lol And yes in w13 I played with some of the best players in this game and I have still to this day have not seen any group that could touch them. You can get mad all you want. The truth is hard to take and if you think I am full of it then oh well, I know I can back what I say or else I would not be here talking shit to kill time and maybe get attacks. lol

Edit: Well said Bloodhood and I agree, good players do get rimmed and I can be rimmed but the only time my account has been rimmed is from not logging back in from lack of being attacked. I do not play to see how big I can get or win a world. I don't have that time or care to plan to play a world that long. I play to try and call out them so called good players meaning pp pushers who team up with other pp pushers thinking that makes them good after turning on everyone they can just to get ahead. I guess you can say I miss the loyalty the game had back in the day.

Last edited:

Seven Devils

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I think I largely agree, speaking as someone who hasn't played in a good ten years and was a top 20 player on a number pre-w30 and early worlds, and led multiple top tribes, here are my two cents. Having started this game in beta (pre-w1) I think I have a decent perspective. I also am still in the top 5 posters of this forum so must have discussed this game a fair bit!

Firstly, while it's true methods like bookmark farming and t trains are no longer relevant now, these were widely used by several hundred players on any server. They didn't make you a top player.

What made players top players was tribal cooperation, strategy, and simple know-how over startup and growth techniques. It was a much more strategic, calculated and tribal game. How many know now that with each level of mine increases the cost by 26% but resources by only 16%, then offsetting that factor against the 2:1 ratio of iron on the market? Or the considerable judgement it took when deciding between a early axe/spear, LC rush or mines strategy, depending on the barb/active ratio, inactive/active ratio, competition and tribal composition in your immediate area. Does it even matter anymore?

There were no quests, no accumulated flag bonuses, paladin bonuses, pp purchases, events or inventory. There wasn't a few thousand players as we talk of now but tens of thousands, with no PP farming accounts, no growing barbs or bonus vills (till a bit later) and a lot less people restarting. There was therefore a lot more aggressive farming of active players and less so barbarians which tended to be less in number and have very low level mines (so FA may not have been quite so useful...). There was also far less elitism, players were ok with multiple 150 player tribes and family tribes on top of it. You could be a very good player, taken out by the masses at a time when there was no fake limits and a lot less individualism. Coplayers were also therefore far less prevalent, as there was a much increased focus on the tribe rather than player. It took a hell of a lot of communication, skill and activity to get ahead. Even the gaps between players were much lower due to lack of purchases. Diplomacy and tribal dynamics were therefore much more important, part of the reason why the forums were so active.

Premium purchases have now completely removed the skill of the early game. There is now much less competition, while the game has increasingly become about multiple coplayers and how much PP you can cram into your account to farm you into the mid game. There was also no account manager so players would not mass noble barbs then rely on it to build it up for them. Nobling barbs was actually a terrible strategy, now it's a very good one (even if a bit dull). The gaps between players were also considerably less back then, while there were considerably more players, the game was therefore much more difficult. It truly was much more 'tribal wars' than it is now.

There is also a fundamental level of bias in this thread given this discussion is between players playing now. There also seems to be no recognition here that there is a level of plateauing in regards to skill and know-how in this game, making activity and now also PP a much more deciding factor once you are comparing the top 100 or so. Good players love the hero myth, but that doesn't make it any less a myth. There is declining returns to knowledge and experience in this game, something that is irrefutable.

So why do I largely agree? Well the premise of his statement is clearly bullshit, shit players survive and good players get rimmed all the time, now and then. Secondly, I agree it's now a completely different game. I would believe it is fundamentally flawed by PP, but even if it weren't, scripts and activity requirement has vastly increased. However, to say there is more skill now is quite clearly bullshit also. There may have been different mechanical requirements, but the requirement for strategic skill and tribal cooperation was considerably higher back then. Not to be overly negative, but it is no longer quite the strategy game it used to be. I am enjoying my return, but this game is and will remain, a shadow of its former self.

I've played since 08, i am just going to say one thing, PP Ruined the game. You can PP your way to rank 1, that takes no skill, so put a semi good player with pp, he will outrank you. Thus making the game Very boring when thinking about these things. I miss the old days for sure.

IPandamonium

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score

"The fact more micro management was needed and worlds were bigger doesn't mean a thing".

Wow, may aswell play chess with a pigeon if that's your thought process, what a ridiculous statement.

El Bahattee

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
"The fact more micro management was needed and worlds were bigger doesn't mean a thing".

Wow, may aswell play chess with a pigeon if that's your thought process, what a ridiculous statement.
So you are implying that more micro managment and bigger worlds equals more skilled players? Bigger worlds definetly don't, I mean its just more players to noble and most of them are/were noobs, worlds take more time to finosh and thats it, doesn't have a thing to do with how skilled players are.
And more micro managment just means shit is more time consuming and obviously not as good. Or are you trying to say building villas one by one for example makes a player more skilled than someone who simply sets up acc manager to do it for him? Cause I mean if you don't get what I'm trying to say here, maybe I should play chess with you. You aren't much smarter than that pigeon.

I don't even know why I'm replying to someone who signs his forum posts as "Odin" but oh well

El Bahattee

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
You wish your stats are trash and you are all talk. lol
Your stats are very good on the other hand, you've gotten rimmed on basically all worlds you took seriously mr "old school player". Or I mean you gave then your villas obviously cause you dont get rimmed
I actually played like 2 serious worlds on net, got rimmed on 104 (internaled actually as you would say, but I got internaled cause I wasnt playing anymore and I would have gotten rimmed otherwise, you know, like you on your worlds on where you "didnt" get rimmed)
And we're winning this current HP so yeah I mean kinda better stats than yours or nah? But honestly who cares about stats

DeletedUser123996

So you are implying that more micro managment and bigger worlds equals more skilled players? Bigger worlds definetly don't, I mean its just more players to noble and most of them are/were noobs, worlds take more time to finosh and thats it, doesn't have a thing to do with how skilled players are.
And more micro managment just means shit is more time consuming and obviously not as good. Or are you trying to say building villas one by one for example makes a player more skilled than someone who simply sets up acc manager to do it for him? Cause I mean if you don't get what I'm trying to say here, maybe I should play chess with you. You aren't much smarter than that pigeon.

I don't even know why I'm replying to someone who signs his forum posts as "Odin" but oh well
Not to take his side, but obviously there would be more better players if the world is larger. It's not a one way street. Bigger world = both more noobs and better players, not bigger world = more noobs.

IPandamonium

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score

Do you read what you're typing? You genuinely sound idiotic af.

1; More players doesn't mean that every single extra player would be a noob, it would mean, like stated above, more contested starts, dryer farms, having to decide the right strategy based on your location without having the luxury of buying resources or looting 50 inactives/pp farmers around you. More players to fight, larger tribes to war, more* tribes to war, the list goes on...

2; Everything is built into the game today to make things 10000% easier and take away the micro management. When you don't have the luxury of a BOT doing all your work for you, and you have to micro manage 5k+ villages in a mass war, you'll understand that not only is it time consuming, but far harder than just sitting there and watching for incomings/farming with LA.

3; You're a moron.

ODIN.

DeletedUser44759

Been an interesting read, but think you all missed an essential fact.

Pre maybe w66 or so this was in many ways a game of attrition, you had to have staying power to get to the top, most players of any skill level probably restarted on at least one world, or at least know somebody who did, and reached a high rank. "RL problems" was by far the biggest account killer in the game. This meant that you had many specialist players, I was at my best mid game, others early or late, modern worlds aren't long enough or big enough for that distinction to matter, t's all start up by old standards.
To be honest I don't think it's possible to even compare the old with the new in a valid way but I do think the new is way more complicated and more a game of chance than skill overall. Back before all the stuff that's supposed to make it easier tw was a huge game of rock, scissor, paper, stone and strategy/tactics were the be all and end all. Now you have to guess how fast stuff will build, troops or villages, what actual def or off is for a village (flags, buffs, etc) and it's a worse game for it imho.