NO BARB SPIKING?!

Deleted User - 11526901

This also really puts a damper on the effectiveness of alliances...... Watch Towers, Fake Limit and now this?

I think this will be an interesting world.

Deleted User - 11447161

I think its about time we had some sort of settings that the old school players can rinse you new school kids on.
Dawm iv spent the last 17 and a half hours teaching new schoolers how to micro farm effectively.

I sure wish we had some DNY players knocking around here...

I might just run this tribe like a dictator and school peeps on how not to be spied on and things like this!

El Bahattee

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I think its about time we had some sort of settings that the old school players can rinse you new school kids on.
Dawm iv spent the last 17 and a half hours teaching new schoolers how to micro farm effectively.

I might just run this tribe like a dictator and school peeps on how not to be spied on and things like this!
Im GoOd cAuSe oLd ScHooL PlAyEr bTw

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score
Im GoOd cAuSe oLd ScHooL PlAyEr bTw

Is this a common phrase or just coincidence you said the same thing (and almost capitalization) over a month apart?

I have to agree with Sophie on this one. The game has changed a lot since its early days. Its logic, people are not gonna be as good in the beginning of the game, as they are after a few years. We have new scripts that didn't exist at that time, built in trains, FA, AM and so on. I know everyone loves a good story of some "oLd SchOoL pLayEr bTw" coming back and dominating but in most cases its just not gonna happen. The game evolves, the players get better and better. The fact that more micro managment was needed and the fact that worlds were bigger doesn't mean a thing.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score

.Lucifer.

cool story bro. Now take your meds

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

Imagine how I feel after thousands of hours of trying to reach cocky old schoolers that are still shit at the game.
On that note, have I attempted to teach you? Are you still shit? If so, I apologize for my failing.

Jumpish

Reaction score
TW is not a hard game.. You get how much you spend your time on the damn thing.
It just means you have good scripts, and a LOT of free time/dedication (which most people don't have time for).

but yeah. supporting barbs should be allowed or at least a separate setting.

It makes the early game so much more fun.

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
TW is not a hard game.. You get how much you spend your time on the damn thing.
It just means you have good scripts, and a LOT of free time/dedication (which most people don't have time for).

but yeah. supporting barbs should be allowed or at least a separate setting.

It makes the early game so much more fun.

due to a barb having no wall (lvl 3 at best)
theres no reason why a player would purposely hinder their own growth and lifespan on a world
besides trying to give some other account an advantage in that area

personally for me those accounts spiking villages at start-up are push accounts
used to hinder the growth of players while providing an exclusive farm/res and eventual free village for some other player

Jumpish

Reaction score
You're probably right.
The push accounts are really the main reasons why I guess supporting other villages have been disabled.

In many of the first worlds, I used to spike barbs with sw since they don't carry much resources anyways and usually barbs dried up really quickly around the area. Just being a nuisance seemed like a viable strat for me (or at least fun) :p

xXLordWardXx

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
due to a barb having no wall (lvl 3 at best)
theres no reason why a player would purposely hinder their own growth and lifespan on a world
besides trying to give some other account an advantage in that area

personally for me those accounts spiking villages at start-up are push accounts
used to hinder the growth of players while providing an exclusive farm/res and eventual free village for some other player

IDK, there's definitely some decent strategy in barb spiking especially mid/late game with low barb count and micro farming. Drop 5k spear in a barb in the enemy area. Probably kill 100 farming runs of 10-25LC before they try and clear it. Or spike 30-40 barbs in the enemy area with 200-300 spear and kill 50 farm runs each of 10-25LC. It add up and it pisses farmers off.