Feedback Game Updates

DeletedUser124362

I like this new game update :)

I don't understand how someone can say that.
I can understand if you would say you like the new "old" map looks and that is fair.

Let's even put the map looks on the side. I think the main issue is coming from taking away the option to switch the map looks.
In times where there is such a focus on UX we see update taking away function that was there for a long time and justified as this is what community allegedly wanted? That's is very risky statement in a any big community as there will always be people having different opinion.

And at the same time a lot of the most successful game titles tend to be ones with a lot of individual cosmetic customisations available to player base, we see a decision to limit that for this particular game.
Unless this is staged PR exercise to create some noise and come back with "we listened to your voice" in a superhero way, I can't understand the move.
Maybe I am just to short minded individual.

To leave a positive note.
It is good to see game is constantly being reviewed and updated rather than in stagnant state. :)

Kind regards.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I don't understand how someone can say that.
I can understand if you would say you like the new "old" map looks and that is fair.

To be honest, I don't understand why people complain without giving it a few days to get used to it, as opposed to making a snap judgement :D

I much prefer this map. It has more of a rustic, middle-ages feel than it did before, which matches the entire point of the game.

There's also another, overlooked but fantastic, part of the update:
- Mass noble decommissioning

DeletedUser124362

To be honest, I don't understand why people complain without giving it a few days to get used to it, as opposed to making a snap judgement :D

I much prefer this map. It has more of a rustic, middle-ages feel than it did before, which matches the entire point of the game.

There's also another, overlooked but fantastic, part of the update:
- Mass noble decommissioning

Well that is matter of taste. They feel more retro candy to me now rather than rustic :p if I change my colour balance it is then acceptable but then whatever else I'm doing on the laptop/phone (I rather avoid app as it only frustrating me - even the new one) looks terrible so I don't feel it will be a solution to me. Getting used to is not an option as my head start to hurt after around 10 minutes without adjusting the display, hope others are more lucky.

In terms of mass decommissioning - it's like old news so no 'wow' effect as we already had an option to do so thanks to @Shinko to Kuma

YeOlde Raven

Reaction score
It is easy to try to get used to something when it is only a small change, but something drastic like this is not possible to adapt to especially if you have an eye condition as many have evidenced.
Or are we saying if you have an eye condition you are barred from playing the game.
Wasn't there somebody in history with a similar viewpoint to people?

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
It is easy to try to get used to something when it is only a small change, but something drastic like this is not possible to adapt to especially if you have an eye condition as many have evidenced.

Tes - it is possible to adapt to it. There will be a few members in the community who, like me, adapted to the original graphics change back in the day and just got on with it. Took a couple of days, yes, but it was a change just as big as this one and after a little while it was 'the new normal'.

Also, that 'claim by many' is quite frankly ridiculous.

I'm not disputing that some people may suffer from eye condition, just that being used as an argument. Given my line of work involves working with a number of people who do have various eye conditions on a daily basis, I can say with some expertise on the matter the only changes graphically that would seriously affect people with such issues would be if there were flashing lights.

Anything else would be due to eyesight when using a computer in general - which would have been an issue prior to any graphical update. Changing the shape and style of an ingame map on a browser would have no medical repercussion on anybody :)

People making over-the-top, ridiculous claims only weaken their own stance as it can't be taken seriously.

DeletedUser124362

Tes - it is possible to adapt to it. There will be a few members in the community who, like me, adapted to the original graphics change back in the day and just got on with it. Took a couple of days, yes, but it was a change just as big as this one and after a little while it was 'the new normal'.

Also, that 'claim by many' is quite frankly ridiculous.

I'm not disputing that some people may suffer from eye condition, just that being used as an argument. Given my line of work involves working with a number of people who do have various eye conditions on a daily basis, I can say with some expertise on the matter the only changes graphically that would seriously affect people with such issues would be if there were flashing lights.

Anything else would be due to eyesight when using a computer in general - which would have been an issue prior to any graphical update. Changing the shape and style of an ingame map on a browser would have no medical repercussion on anybody :)

People making over-the-top, ridiculous claims only weaken their own stance as it can't be taken seriously.

That's funny. You just lost credibility in my eyes with this post.
Good to know we have an expert optician in the community.
Do you have also valid international certifications or just some self issued ones?

As a person with some expertise would you agree on the below?

"You can dismiss any illness claims without need to diagnose in person."

The intensity of the colours on the new map design gives me headache after around 10 minutes.
As per flashing lights - you are aware we don't print the map every time we check it? In other words we all are bombarded with the generated picture 50+ Hz frequency. What is being displayed seem to matter as I currently WFH at least 8h a day in front of the monitor and somehow only some specific images including new map causing headaches.

I am not a medical condition expert but just sharing my feedback and I don't appreciate if you dismiss my claim just because you feel like it. I seem not to be the only one claiming that so I can only assume we all have rich imagination according to you.

I said earlier I understand some may like the change and I can respect that. To me, for the time being I had to utilize another usermade script.

Dr.Bunny

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
They did this Update and they didnt accepted my idea for adding Bacon? Huh

If there would be bacon , everyone would enjoy the game and would play the game with hunger for more and more.

Please WE WANT BACON MAP!

Hail Bacon.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Good to know we have an expert optician in the community.

I'm not an optician, and never said or suggested I was. However, I do work with individuals whose needs, including eyesight, is something I have to cater to non-stop for 6 hours day. Which also involves use of computers etc and understanding the impact this has alongside extensive training on these needs. :)

I've not said that anybody is 'making it up', just exaggerating an issue that is to do with their technology and others jumping on to this line of argument!

The intensity of the colours on the new map design gives me headache after around 10 minutes.

In other words we all are bombarded with the generated picture 50+ Hz frequency. What is being displayed seem to matter as I currently WFH at least 8h a day in front of the monitor and somehow only some specific images including new map causing headaches.

You can change the brightness / contrast / colours of your computer settings if 'intensity' is an issue as that is something that is most likely a problem at an individual player's end, not the graphics themselves. The frequency aspect is not really relevant for non-moving images such as the map, and again will be down to individual monitor displays.

You can also play about with your map settings. Watchtower coverage make the map look vastly different - if you uncheck that, this will also affect how the map appears :)

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
As per flashing lights - you are aware we don't print the map every time we check it? In other words we all are bombarded with the generated picture 50+ Hz frequency. What is being displayed seem to matter as I currently WFH at least 8h a day in front of the monitor and somehow only some specific images including new map causing headaches.

Stuff like this is why the term "snowflake" was invented btw.

Why are you bonobos so obsessed with the map anyway? Why would you spend hours of your day staring at it when it gives you very little value for your time? I find it hard to believe that everyone has optimized and perfected their TW gameplay to the point that they have so much time surplus thats all is left is to gaze vacantly at the map view for hours on end.

DeletedUser124362

You can change the brightness / contrast / colours of your computer settings

Yes I am aware of that and I have mentioned it before, that it helps, but changing it every time I go to map screen and back when I leave that screen to do something else is let's say not ideal.

I can also quit the game and that is also some not ideal solution, but let's maybe not go the route of possible work arounds.

DeletedUser124362

Stuff like this is why the term "snowflake" was invented btw.

Why are you bonobos so obsessed with the map anyway? Why would you spend hours of your day staring at it when it gives you very little value for your time? I find it hard to believe that everyone has optimized and perfected their TW gameplay to the point that they have so much time surplus thats all is left is to gaze vacantly at the map view for hours on end.
Well after setting up the AM map is where 80% of the game happens for me, sending attacks, supports, looting attacks etc.

And if negative feedback is then getting riposte of calling someone snowflake etc why bother asking for one?
I know, I know, noone called anyone it's just diplomatically placed term mention.
How clever ha.

I just don't appreciate public dismissal of claims in that manner and being quite frank about it. If you read my posts carefully it was more of a side lane mention initially.

Nevertheless my point was that the option to switch the looks shouldn't be taken away.

Peace

YeOlde Raven

Reaction score
You can change the brightness / contrast / colours of your computer settings if 'intensity' is an issue as that is something that is most likely a problem at an individual player's end, not the graphics themselves. The frequency aspect is not really relevant for non-moving images such as the map, and again will be down to individual monitor displays.

You can also play about with your map settings. Watchtower coverage make the map look vastly different - if you uncheck that, this will also affect how the map appears :)

Nice to know that is all I need to do, as it was I already have to move my glasses to be able to focus correctly, now I need to change the settings of the map, my monitor and whatever else to get a visible image.
Nice to know that it is the player's problem and not the fact that they are unable to change the map display as was previously an option that was available.

vndhl

Reaction score
So ,the opinion of us ,the players (many of us)
doesn't matter ? You are going to keep this map ?

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
My concern is just with functionality. Bonus villages are harder to see in daytime now. In nighttime, bonus villages are very obvious, even more so than before. If I could set the map to be night always, I would love this update. Thankfully I play mostly during 'night' hours anyway, so I don't have to deal with the daytime graphics too much, but it would still be nice.

Deleted User - 10994045

If we're being totally fair to the developers though, they definitely made a place here for us to complain about it but they never said the complaining would get anywhere, so I guess we'll just have to bend over for this one, but yay I can kill lots of my nobles quickly :rolleyes:

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I think the hate on the new map is a little bit over the top, altho I do agree it can use some 'tweaking' to make it more readable, and more in line with the older assets.

The main problem I have with the new assets is the color scheme:

OldNewMy suggestionSuggestion pushed even further
FK4ns.png
FK4nL.png
FK4oi.png
FK5ai.png

Right now it's very hard to tell the difference between villages (going to mention bonus village glow, that could use a bit of an increase too).

But for some reason the color scheme/saturation difference between a medium/big village got removed, which made the old map so readable. While lvl20-30 buildings have a darker roof on the village overview as well, it would make sense for the assets for the bigger villages to be a darker shade as well.

Overall, I think the new assets DO look better, but with some minor tweaking like the suggestion I made, could be a lot more readable.

Last edited:

GeeGee

Reaction score
this really is terrible.
just leave the choice like before so everyone can chose which they prefer
I dont like non of this 80's graphic looking stuff the option to turn it off gave u a map with atleast u would see the difference between different size villas etc. current map everything looks the same. both the classic map and this new classic ugly update are crappy.