Failed Vote Paladin Skill "Persuasion"

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I confirmed that this is currently how the Persuasion (4th level green skill) works with Nix. If a paladin is in the village, meaning not out in an attack, and a noble lands successfully, the loyalty gets a bonus reduction. This is the only skill that does not need to be "where the action is" and I agree that the Persuasion skill shouldn't be for just the force the paladin is with, however, as it is currently built, the paladin can not be out attacking, ie, using his 30% axe and lc attack boost. This makes it a choice between leaving the noble home, or using the attack boosts.

I feel like that is a choice that shouldnt have to be made. The effect should work, just for persuasion, whether the paladin is physically in the village or helping to attack, otherwise, what is the point of having a high level paladin if he has to sit back and watch? There should of course, be made an exception for while he is training that the bonus does not apply, like always.

A "work around" is currently I do have multiple, so I can send a paladin not being used and send it as support to the village that is attacking, but while persuasion may be "green" it is really a 5th "red" because it involves an offensive aspect to the game, so I would have to theoretically use it on my defensive paladin, and keep 2 paladins occupied at once to do a "single job" and have him sent to support the village i am using so i can attack with my 30% offense boosts. Thank you for your time

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
This is approved for voting. Good luck.

I do have some balancing concerns though...

Basand

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Speed Admin
Reaction score
I feel the point behind persuasion is to give you an "either-or" option. Stacking it into an offense nuke and getting that buff would be a bit too much. Especially if it were still to apply to the rest of the train as it does now.

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I confirmed that this is currently how the Persuasion (4th level green skill) works with Nix. If a paladin is in the village, meaning not out in an attack, and a noble lands successfully, the loyalty gets a bonus reduction. This is the only skill that does not need to be "where the action is" and I agree that the Persuasion skill shouldn't be for just the force the paladin is with, however, as it is currently built, the paladin can not be out attacking, ie, using his 30% axe and lc attack boost. This makes it a choice between leaving the noble home, or using the attack boosts.

I feel like that is a choice that shouldnt have to be made. The effect should work, just for persuasion, whether the paladin is physically in the village or helping to attack, otherwise, what is the point of having a high level paladin if he has to sit back and watch? There should of course, be made an exception for while he is training that the bonus does not apply, like always.

A "work around" is currently I do have multiple, so I can send a paladin not being used and send it as support to the village that is attacking, but while persuasion may be "green" it is really a 5th "red" because it involves an offensive aspect to the game, so I would have to theoretically use it on my defensive paladin, and keep 2 paladins occupied at once to do a "single job" and have him sent to support the village i am using so i can attack with my 30% offense boosts. Thank you for your time

I've always used persuasion on defense pallies. you can shuffle the paladin around villages, just has to be INSIDE a village when either attacks land on your village or your noble attacks from the village land on the enemy.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I feel the point behind persuasion is to give you an "either-or" option. Stacking it into an offense nuke and getting that buff would be a bit too much. Especially if it were still to apply to the rest of the train as it does now.

I was about to start typing, read this post and felt everything needing to be said was perfectly worded already!

So...this.

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
The effect should work, just for persuasion, whether the paladin is physically in the village or helping to attack
It's a bit ambiguous, if the paladin is part of the attack, is the paladin going to give the effect on the village under attack only? Why should it give the effect to other villages being attacked if it's not attacking those?

Reaction score
You just use it in a defence village and send that pally to support in your train village. That way you can use it it many noble trains not just the one the train is leaving from at the time

Reaction score
The way I think it should be is that it can be in the village or out attacking but it cant be training. If the effects are activated, which should be reduced to 1 loyalty, 2, 3, 5 then it would affect all attacks from the village it is assigned to

HotLikeDat

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I don't have a major issue with how it is currently, I only add persuasion to defence paladins. It's the same for everyone, so doesn't really make much difference.

I did vote yes, just because I think from a logical point of view, it makes not that much sense that a paladin helps a noble when he's chilling at home, but not when he is part of the attack.
I think it'd be reasonable that the paladin assisted all nobles going to the same target village that the paladin is heading to, as long as they land in the same second (maybe?) - due to the return time. Or maybe he just helps the 1 noble he is with, but the noble boosts increase a little.

Having said that, this vote will never turn around now so there we are, no debate to be had. But I like the idea buddy, keep going with anymore you have
H

Sgt@Arms

Reaction score
If there would be a change on the Paladin Persuasion, this is how I would suggest it to be.

For the player to choose from:

1. If the Paladin with Persuasion is sent together with the train, then the nobles in the other train should have the current buffs. If there were multiple trains sent on other targets while the Paladin is not in the village, the other trains will have no buffs.

2. If the Paladin with Persuasion is kept at home, if it is be used for multiple trains all trains would have the buff (but of lesser buff as the current)

Reaction score
Yes I like that. And I would still reduce the loyalty reduction. -2, -4, etc is too strong for a full train. -1, -2, -3, -5 is better, otherwise you could send a 3 noble train at the strength of a 4 noble, which changes too much. It should be more of a safety net against not taking it with 4, ie, lazy nobles

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Yes I like that. And I would still reduce the loyalty reduction. -2, -4, etc is too strong for a full train. -1, -2, -3, -5 is better, otherwise you could send a 3 noble train at the strength of a 4 noble, which changes too much. It should be more of a safety net against not taking it with 4, ie, lazy nobles

That is basically the point with it and why you would ever use it, otherwise you can just have the loy boost item instead to prevent a loyfail?
It makes it not certain you will keep the vill if you just snipe 1 of 4 noble, because it might be a noble paladin active allowing you to take the vill with only 3 out of 4 surviving, it spices up the game for the defender with never knowing for certain something will hold, just as when you get attacked with Paladinnukes and not regular.

And as everyone pointed out, go defensive + persuasion and not offensive + persuasion. :)