Noble Limits Proposal

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YeOlde Raven

Reaction score
I propose that in addition to the standard noble claim settings that tribal leaders are able to set personal claim settings.
If the top ranked player in a tribe has 100 productive vills while the bottom ranked tribe member only has 10 productive vills then they have different needs.
If it is set at 3 claims maximum that may be fine for the smaller player, but the larger player will need more.
If it is set at 15 claims maximum to satisfy the larger player then other players may start to claim hog.
Also if a tribe has a standard claim limit to allow players to build up packets/coins for an OP and players in a certain area run an OP then they may need an increased limit to use up spare nobles while others keep building up a surplus.

So my proposal is to keep the standard tribal claim settings, but allow it to be overriden by settings personal to the player.

Deleted User - 11549951

In my personal opinion, this would be down to the leadership to manage.
Having this said, I kicked out a few guys who were over-claiming in order to keep the boat afloat.

all the best.
txitxo

YeOlde Raven

Reaction score
In my personal opinion, this would be down to the leadership to manage.
Having this said, I kicked out a few guys who were over-claiming in order to keep the boat afloat.

all the best.
txitxo
Having this would allow tribal leadership to manage it/
Leadership could have the middle rank on the default number of claims, while allowing the top tribe members to have more and the lower members have less.

Deleted User - 11549951

Having this would allow tribal leadership to manage it/
Leadership could have the middle rank on the default number of claims, while allowing the top tribe members to have more and the lower members have less.

I understand.
I also understand that your overclaimers will still complain to you and eventually become a headache - most likely more of a headache for your allies than yourself, which often leads to territory claims and disputes which break alliances.

Either way, i still see the same problem, which has to do with personality and the greed of humans xD
You can limit their greed but then they will start complaining to you, revolting and if they are intelligent, they can start mutiny.

All of which could easily be resolved by kicking out the players who:
"Have the king in their belly" - Portuguese saying.

Its just a small piece of advice. Although i have already voted no, i can see this being implemented due to popularity.

valtheran88

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
If it were more of a dynamic setting it would be super useful...taking the selfish bags out of it some people definitely noble at a different rate or perform greater feats for the tribe then others. Having a claim rank for those who do more would be good. Most people claim a small percentage more then they plan/can take then you have the members in the top of the tribe who claim max but noble more then their claims because the claim limit for the general population of the tribe is smaller then what he needs.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I have voted yes to the idea in principle, but there is a reservation I have.

Would you see this as being 'open' for the tribe to see or 'leadership only'? I think that would need to be a factor to consider (perhaps a tickbox that says 'private' so leadership can decide whether everybody's claim limits are public for the tribe or not). Just so there is a caveat to protect players from it being abused for a small number of accounts in a tribe unfairly - that option would mean tribes can choose how to handle their own way of doing things.

YeOlde Raven

Reaction score
Yes that is a good point, I had thought it would be for leadership only, but having an option to make it "open" would also be a good addition.
Though a player would need to me aware they had a different claim limit too, that would stop constant enquiries of, "I'm unable to claim the claim limit, what is wrong?".

haruuu

Reaction score
How about making it depend on you noble count?

If value is between 1-3 nobles = 1 claim but for 4 or more.
Rounddown(Number of Noble / 4,0) = No. of Claims.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
How about making it depend on you noble count?

This would mean all players are forced to share information about their account situation, specifically regarding noble counts. Some players won't be comfortable with / want to do this, and forcing people to provide information about their accounts isn't something that I feel is in keeping with the game.

valtheran88

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Or having players that log in for mint but that's it for a little while being able to abuse claims...they have the nobles to take it but don't have ti.