Tribal Wars, A Dying Game?

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
the location of a server shouldnt make a difference considering were all playing the same game

the community is divided among multiple servers instead of collectively playing against each other on the same server...
which leads to the worlds ever decreasing size

also out of curiosity does any one know why there are more then one server to begin with??
when they could just release worlds more frequently to compensate for the world setting differences.....

for example
why have 3 servers with an initial player base count of 30k, rather then having 1 server with close to 100k initial player base upon opening??

Deleted User - 10368546

the location of a server shouldnt make a difference considering were all playing the same game

the community is divided among multiple servers instead of collectively playing against each other on the same server...
which leads to the worlds ever decreasing size

also out of curiosity does any one know why there are more then one server to begin with??
when they could just release worlds more frequently to compensate for the world setting differences.....

for example
why have 3 servers with an initial player base count of 30k, rather then having 1 server with close to 100k initial player base upon opening??

Honestly they should just merge all servers and release couple of new worlds at same time. If there are like 100k active players, then open like 3 worlds at same time, 1 is non pp world, other two are pp worlds with speed 1 and 2 or some shit like that (just something to make sure there is option for everyone or well most of players), that way you always have a choice to play pp worlds or non pp, and also diff speed, because not everyone likes same speed.

They will have to do it eventually anyway.

Deleted User - 848906914

My god this thread finally died. I remembered when it started.

Oh wait-

valtheran88

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
"Tribal Wars, A Dying Game?" A Dying Thread?
No people will just be arguing the merits of how to save the game years after they close the game servers...they will begin charging premium per forum post you want to make and people will come here and argue about how the game is still revivable.

CoffeeMate101

blocked
Reaction score
Alright, attempt #2 on this since my last attempt at this for whatever reason was never approved.

Let me start off by saying in by no way am I knocking or mocking the game of Tribal Wars or any of the staff that works here on Tribal Wars. Believe it or not, I do appreciate the work you guys put in to run this game, and for that I thank you for it. But now lets get down to business since I believe this could be a very interesting topic to talk about. Tribal Wars has been around for a few years now, and I remember back when I started playing in 2008, this game was pretty popular on the internet. I remember seeing countless advertisements for this game back in my early days, but as my playing days progressed, I began to see less and less advertisements and today, I don't think I have seen any at all anywhere. I didn't think much of it, and basically ignored that until one my friends here mentioned that Tribal Wars only has 200K+ players, or at least thats what it says on the front page of tribalwars.net. As of today, there are 224,905. However, back in 2008, I do thank Gorth for this link, .net had many, many more players. And to show you all that:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080421105206/http://www.tribalwars.net/

^ That is a picture of the .net front page more then 2 years ago when W19 just came out, and as you can see, there were 800k+ players back then. Now, did I just see that right? 800k+ players back in 2008? We have nearly 225k+ players in 2010, so in the matter of 2 years, where did 600K players go? Did they all just disappear from .net? I found this pretty alarming to tell you the truth. But another friend of mine linked me to a post from Thargoran on the .us forums, yes, there is a .us server in TW just in case you haven't noticed, and he showed that it was not only .net thats been on the decline, but other servers as well:

Perhaps he is right, there is more competition on the market for browsergames, but has anyone else noticed this? Is the game that we all play, Tribal Wars on the decline, or just hitting a big bump on the road? I want to all of your thoughts and opinions on this matter because nobody talks about it and I feel that its a very interesting topic of discussion that everyone can participate in. So the question remains, is Tribal Wars on the decline for good?

This is really sad news indeed. If tribalwars continues like this, then the whole game may be gone and dead. Like the undead from lord of the rings. But anyway, this is my first time playing it, I ran by chance on it on google website media and I decided to give it a go. It's not such a bad game, I coule pro. prosper in this game since there arent that many players online these days ( which is quite an advantage to me! ). Wish you the best of luck bro.

Anaconda

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Whole thread is a folly. When Covid hit more players starting playing TW. Game is fun and enjoyable. Why quit....

CoffeeMate101

blocked
Reaction score
It is actually more fun when there are less players and more active players playing the game. I think in my opinion there are still a few active players playing the game.

Tyrone-Chan

Reaction score
Unfortunately this game will die, MOSTLY. PP spending has become more and more overpowered for each world, and there is no sign of it improving. Only a matter of time until all worlds with PP enabled (other than for subscriptions) have so few players that they go obsolete.

Just look at w112. #1 spot has 17.4m points, #2 has 6.8m. This is not how it should be.

immunesoul

Reaction score
Easy fix to this, add language options, merge all the servers (come up with a new support system, where different languages are directed to there correct places with some sort of overview on major stuff to stop abuse from same culture peeps or w/e) reduce the PP whoring or give the PP whores something to spend there money on which does not effect the balance of the game so bad, skins, different unit icons, abliity to draw there own villages, whatever these people will spend lol, i'd defo put a PP limit in early game, so these sad swedish people can't blow 250k PP and think there awesome.

Start multiple worlds at once with very different settings to get the right people where they want to be, hell do an ingame vote on the next worlds setting and let people decide what they want and make new worlds on the top 3 votes or something.

Advantages of this are steamlining scripts and rules to be the same, bigger worlds, they're more new player friendly, the game should encourage them to start on the rim if they cannot hack it towards the core, gives the noobs the chance to get a taste of the game, Starting at 26 points should be a thing of the past, start people with level 10 res pits and a full level 5 WH and more people will stay, add alot more quests into the game going upto a 100 villages with various rewards, like minor attack/def boosts and small WH boosts, flags ect.

Of course tw has gone full jew now, they know the games going to the dogs, the corspe was starting to smell 5 years ago when I last played, but its stinking now, but they could reverse it, I know literally a 100 people who would play the game again if they did a variation of the above with more things added, major works need doing to get it back to something decent. funnily enough I bet tw makes more money now than it ever has, but I've noticed the server quality is worse than it was 11 years ago when I first played.

ackcody

Reaction score
shed a tear. i wanted to play this again but the non premium feature worlds have like no players.

Granted this game was dying before the premium features came out, im sure it doesnt help improve the playerbase tho.