Tribal Wars, A Dying Game?

immunesoul

Reaction score
Also forgot to say on my post, There should be 5-10 barbs to every player that joins, it will spread the world out massively, give the noobs a chance to get past one village and form proper tribes, as half the problem now is that the worlds are simply to small and the barbs disapear within a month, for example W116 has 28.753 and only 8k of them are barbs. I would also make a special type of barbarian village that builds bigger villages, but they produce there own troops (spear/sword), have 1/10 of every barb be one of these villages, make a third of the barbs bonus villages, Cap the PP whoring in events somehow or give people something else to spend premium on thats not destroying the balance of the game, If I spent £500-600 on 116 during the event I could of been rank 1 in 6 weeks easily enough while having a 1 month late start, its dumb, it should only be a boost, never the main way of playing,

The player base will never increase with the current state of the game, but I'm assuming tribalwars is making more money than ever with 1/20 of the players, so why would they care, this is obviously going to last forever right :) i'm sure the graphs that monitor such things arn't saying it will come to end within the next five years :p.

What the game really needs is a much more indepth quest system that speeds up the start, but Most of my idea's go against the bottom line to some degree, when the gameplay starts going down hill for the dollar, its obviously going to be sustainable right......

Last edited:

Real Life

Reaction score
If they get the balance right, they could release some worlds where premium exchange isn't active, maybe once 1 every 2 or 3 worlds released. That way, people that don't like premium exchange could even farm PP on the PP exchange worlds and then play properly on the worlds were everyone is forced to play legitimately.

We can all see how PP exchange has completely ruined the legitimacy of the game.

Anaconda

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I think this whole thread is a joke in saying Tribal Wars is a dying game. Tribal Wars is certainly not a dying game. The current Tribal Was tournament server set a record for players starting a new world. Yes premium point abuse is rampant on some world. I am on w117 and seeing it first hand. However, that does not mean the game as a whole is dying, just that money or pp abuse has crept into this game, like it has in every other game. Go play TW2, Grepolis, Dragons of Atlantis, or ANY OTHER game of this genre and you will see far far worse money abuse. On many other games of this genre you can instantly create new troops, thankfully Innogames did not implement that aspect of money abuse on Tribal Wars.

Tribal Wars allows players to grind and earn free premium points so players can at least have some fun and chances on pp world. If you do not want to play on premium point worlds then jump into a classic world, which I have seen 3 classic worlds in the last year alone. Unlike most other city building games you do not have to pull out your credit card to have fun playing our great game.

Deleted User - 848952474

Tribal wars is not yet dying but it has a horrible disease which is the premium exchange. Paying for unlimited resources is too much

DeletedUser126146

tribalwars compared to what is used to be is dead

players on the first worlds had as much vills as there are players now

that is why the started PP boost, i was so suprised to see the small amoount of players on the tournament, its the proof that tw is a bleed out community, if you can even call it a community

tw now is a joke : intern tribes at start with sole purose of beeing nobled as first village and the pp boost, make tw indeed a joke, mabe add a limited haul and we have a complete clownshow

Reaction score
HAHAHAHA LOL IS DEAD
TW IS DEAD
Its so funny
Just use your brain

"Tribal Wars is a browser-based game and was released in 2003 as a text-based game"

Good job inno, 17 yo browser game and still decent

DeletedUser126146

Then leave the show~~
did i offend you ?

i quit tw 6 years ago, but i restarted due to lockdown, normally i don't put time in stuff like this because I travel alot and live in the world. I do not have a standard life like most :/ but lockdown forced me back to my life as teeanger, before I worked myself up form the pool

Anaconda

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Offended over a game -- good heavens no. I just do not care for trolling. If a player does not like something in life - do not play it. Pretty simple formula.

Deleted User - 848983838

118 is a mini world :rolleyes:

looks about the right size for worlds now. in the past 10 worlds w117 is the only world to hit K24/25 rims and only just barely. also likely helped from holiday players since 118 wasn't around, otherwise the past 10 worlds barely make it to the k34/24 borders some barely halfway there.

Lord Jeev

Reaction score
If they get the balance right, they could release some worlds where premium exchange isn't active, maybe once 1 every 2 or 3 worlds released. That way, people that don't like premium exchange could even farm PP on the PP exchange worlds and then play properly on the worlds were everyone is forced to play legitimately.

We can all see how PP exchange has completely ruined the legitimacy of the game.

The problem is they have decided to go for a standard pay 2 win mobile gaming model now. quick worlds with fast wins for people with low attention spans.
I tried the classic world but it's too fast paced to keep up with unless you really have no job. I am sure there will be a lot of older players that want to enjoy the game the way it was, where more than just 4 continents were used and the top20 tribes were all major players for the win. The pay to win crap would definitely need to be diabled for this game to be competitive and fun, otherwise you get stuck with that guy who spent £500 on the game and has 10 villages while still under BP. The person with the most money to burn wins the game, that's not competition or fun.

Tribalwars is in such a sad state right now, if you don't pay through the nose you don't get anywhere and if you want to try a world without pay to win then you're stuck with about 1k players at a speed too fast to really enjoy. It used to be such a fun game, there was plenty of competition and the worlds would take more than 10 minutes to end, I doubt TW will go back there though as I'm sure they are making plenty of money right now to care.

- Mr. President

Reaction score
If their objective is to make the game explode then they'd have to focus on speed servers. No younger players would like to spend months playing in a pay to win world, however they wouldnt mind playing for 3 hours on a single round, as you can improve on speeds and they're not pay to win it gets quite interesting and competitive.

Pareidolia Paranoia

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The problem is they have decided to go for a standard pay 2 win mobile gaming model now. quick worlds with fast wins for people with low attention spans.
I tried the classic world but it's too fast paced to keep up with unless you really have no job. I am sure there will be a lot of older players that want to enjoy the game the way it was, where more than just 4 continents were used and the top20 tribes were all major players for the win. The pay to win crap would definitely need to be diabled for this game to be competitive and fun, otherwise you get stuck with that guy who spent £500 on the game and has 10 villages while still under BP. The person with the most money to burn wins the game, that's not competition or fun.

Tribalwars is in such a sad state right now, if you don't pay through the nose you don't get anywhere and if you want to try a world without pay to win then you're stuck with about 1k players at a speed too fast to really enjoy. It used to be such a fun game, there was plenty of competition and the worlds would take more than 10 minutes to end, I doubt TW will go back there though as I'm sure they are making plenty of money right now to care.

So definitely agree with this 100%.

There is no limitation naturally to how much PP you can buy or spend in a world.

If I happen to be well financially off I can just buy my way through everything and gain a bigger advantage than others.

The other major thing I've noticed is that when Tribal Wars started off everything was about the IRL time it would take for things to get done.

The game since then has progressed more and more away from a game that would take years to complete and build the longstanding relationships with out players, to a game that has the attention span of a 3 year old.

I hear it every single world now, "Man I hope this world ends fast, it's already been 6 months."

6 months back in the day was a drop in the bucket.

This game was about the determination and grit to put in the long hours of attention to detail and strategy.

Now it's just how quickly can we get this done. How can I do this or that faster. Can I pay to make it happen?

Separate the two.

Put those that want to drop money on the game in their own category and worlds and those that don't in a different one where they can actually be competitive.

Also, I do tend to side with the thought that Tribal Wars is a dying game.

They made the highest amount of profit ever this last year of I believe close to $260million.

This is in part due to a smaller base of players, but bigger wallets and the extreme push towards an almost complete Pay 2 Win system.

Slowly but surely the people that can't keep up with paying for premium will quit the game and you'll be stuck with an extremely small base of the same big wallet players, which at that point the competitiveness will completely die off and the game will be shutdown.

How many years that is, idk, could be 1, 5 ,10, or never. It's just my speculation, but the pathway being chosen points directly to that.

The InnoGames parent company has recently gotten big investments into them and they will surely be focusing on producing more mobile platform games than investing into a 17 year old browser game.