Feedback - Classic

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Great, great but when are you starting some normal worlds with archers?
We start worlds with archers very regularly. Please keep an eye open on the announcements.

Would be nice to have a rotation between haul/no haul classics.

We can look into having no-haul more often on classic than we do now, but it will not be every other world....

Deleted User - 11105474

Thanks for announcing the Classic world early before other main worlds! Great job TW Team.

Game settings look amazing too! Exactly how a classic world should be.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
What does the farm limit mean? I don't really understand this?
The farm limit rule is a game setting that is active on some worlds. Usually, this is a setting reserved for HP, Classic or Speed rounds.

The setting limits the number of units a village can care for. If there are too many units in your village, the battle strength of these units will be heavily reduced.

The formula is simple:
(farm level) * (constant) / population

If the outcome is higher than 1, your troops will fight at their full strength. At a value lower than 1, the strength of your units will be reduced by this factor.
The population is defined by the farm spaces your units consume.

Bosc

Reaction score
Thanks,

So this is just relevant to your units, or do support units count towards this too?

So in practice the more units you have in one village the less powerful the individual units are? I guess this is only relevant to heavily stacked villages?

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Thanks,

So this is just relevant to your units, or do support units count towards this too?

So in practice the more units you have in one village the less powerful the individual units are? I guess this is only relevant to heavily stacked villages?
It counts units that are currently in the village, regardless of origin - so support troops do count.

On Mars

Reaction score
Something to consider for future worlds that prohibit barb nobling:

Would be nice if it's not possible to restart (aka turn village into a barb) if village loyalty is below 100. Kind of like HQ doesn't allow building demolition below 100 loyalty.
Especially in a packet world where it's impossible to get a full noble train before hitting two villages. It is tremendously frustrating to send a 3-noble train out only to have the player you just cleared turn into a barb and then you cant take the village.

Xaya

Reaction score
Unit speed is ok, could be little slower too.

Not like able to choose starting direction or that attack timing is in seconds. What it does even mean? Is only stacking or re,nobling possible vs trains?

I think i saw it was no haul, now it is full haul? I prefer first one.

pamy

Reaction score
- Attack timing: Seconds (what is sent first, arrives first)

can you change this to miliseconds?

this rule is bad because it kill your chance to defend from guys who gets first train, almost impossible to snipe (help with farm push acc, so they can get train asap)

thanks

Bosc

Reaction score
- Attack timing: Seconds (what is sent first, arrives first)

can you change this to miliseconds?

this rule is bad because it kill your chance to defend from guys who gets first train, almost impossible to snipe (help with farm push acc, so they can get train asap)

thanks
Yeah, I'd like clarification on this too, please.

Basand

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Speed Admin
Reaction score
Unit speed is ok, could be little slower too.

Not like able to choose starting direction or that attack timing is in seconds. What it does even mean? Is only stacking or re,nobling possible vs trains?

I think i saw it was no haul, now it is full haul? I prefer first one.
This means that any commands sent that land at the same second will all happen in the order of launch.

In practice, this means that if a player is attacking a village the player must launch all nukes before launching the train and launch support to prevent recaps after the train was sent. Likewise, the defender could have support land after the nukes but before the nobles or the defender could launch nobles after the attacker's nobles and know that there is no way the attacker can weave support in before the recap.

It is definitely a different style of playing but different is not necessarily worse. Players will need to work up new strategies, rely on actual defending instead of sniping with the bare minimum, etc.