The LFKD Alliance stance on Refugees

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

With regards to other tribes sharing this stance, it appears that many of them don't. Indeed, many tribes would seem to operate a policy that players who have not come under actual attack in a war are free to leave whenever they wish.

=DK= may well disagree with this and share the LFKD stance on refugees, in which case good for them. Not everyone does however and where such clashes in interpretation of refugee status exist it is helpful if the other party is aware of our policy before they do something stupid.

Shaft42

I dont know why anyone would want to run from a fight with 'LFKD' anyway, do such players exist??? They should be ashamed of themselves.

Can we have an example of a good quality player who has dropped their axes and ran away (or even worse, asked to join the evil 'lfkd')???

They should stay and fight for the greater good...

On the other hand, this thread has allowed a confident member from another tribe to come out and say that they have engaged a member of the 'axis of evil' and triumphed.:icon_wink:

After all the noise that 'lfkd' make when they emerge victorious they can have no complaint..

DeletedUser

... I have the feeling you don't read the forums properly

DeletedUser

Thank god for that, i thought it was just my imagination, but now you have confirmed it.:icon_wink:

I think you and I are onto something... We might just be stumbling upon something profoundly philosophical.

If we assume that this world does rotate (and, indeed it has a day and a night), and LFKD is mainly located in the core, then we could technically make the hypothesis that the world does revolve around the LFKD...

However, we are assuming that the world revolves like a frisbee. If it revolves on an axis, like perhaps a dividing line between north and south or east and west, then we must throw out our hypothesis.

C'mon Beaker, let us retire to the lab for further tests.
beaker.jpg

DeletedUser

TW is 2D as can be seen in his graphics, so this supports the frisbee-idea, however the developers are trying to make the game have a 3D look, so maybe the world is <insert 3D version of the 2D thing "oval" here>.

DeletedUser

NEWS FLASH:

Ladies and gentlemen, this just came in. Apparently D.A. has taken in refugees from PKs' war with AK64. Initial reports show that both Goldaigel and ceralr have joined D.A., in a futile attempt to spare their lives.

Members of PKs' hierarchy were unavailable to comment, but our intrepid news report Tricia Takanawa was able to cite the LFKD's stance on refugees as the source of the problem:
I you are member of a tribe with which we are currently at war and you leave your tribe for any reason you are considered by the LFKD Alliance to be a refugee. Whether or not you currently have incoming attacks or, indeed, have ever had incoming attacks is immaterial to us. You are at war with us therefore you are on our list of players to be rimmed, it is just a matter of getting around to you on our list of priorities.

One must wonder how the Pks tribe will respond to this clear violation of the LFKD's ROE.

In other news,two mad scientists have set out on a quest to prove that World 5, is indeed, not flat....

DeletedUser6458

I'll comment with this.
Jayce said:
Hey, if we choose to recruit players from a tribe that we're warring, that is entirely our prerogative. They can't exactly be refugees if we've let them off to take them in

Also since the fact that we wasnt engaging these two players, they obviously didnt join just to "save their lives".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You forgot to complete

... Now, having said that we are actually a quite reasonable bunch (despite rumours to the contrary) and are often willing to let a player leave if they are not under attack, haven't been under attack and haven't participated in attacks upon our members. Indeed, even then we are often willing, at the discretion of our local members and with some concessions from the fleeing player, to let people go. But, and this is the important part, only if you contact myself or another LFKD Diplomat first. Your best bet is to contact the Diplomat of the tribe with which you have been engaged in the most hostile action as it is their members who will likely have the most to say about your desire to flee.

Too bad that D.A. is indeed LFKD and indeed has one of the so called "other diplomats" and on top of that, D.A. is the closest LFKD tribe to Goldaigel and they indeed had the most to say about him.

Nice to see people doing their best at P&P, but please give me a bigger challenge, this is getting too easy.

DeletedUser

Well, I like to have a little fun.

Anyway, where did Jayce ever state that, Hermit?

DeletedUser6458

Well, I like to have a little fun.
Anyway, where did Jayce ever state that, Hermit?

Good catch on that one, glad you're having fun.

The quote is from a place you are not privy to. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

NEWS FLASH:

Ladies and gentlemen, this just came in. Apparently D.A. has taken in refugees from PKs' war with AK64. Initial reports show that both Goldaigel and ceralr have joined D.A., in a futile attempt to spare their lives.

Members of PKs' hierarchy were unavailable to comment, but our intrepid news report Tricia Takanawa was able to cite the LFKD's stance on refugees as the source of the problem:

One must wonder how the Pks tribe will respond to this clear violation of the LFKD's ROE.

In other news,two mad scientists have set out on a quest to prove that World 5, is indeed, not flat....

We were informed before such a plot :p , don't worry your pretty head.

DeletedUser

Hey, someone deleted my post regarding Mattius' affection towards me. :icon_evil:

I'm offended

DeletedUser

Jayce,

Can you clarify your LDFK policy on sniping? Please see my post, "Is it sniping." I am especially interested if you consider this sniping.

DeletedUser

There is no LFKD polocy on snipering. If you do it then you deal with the player in question. If that player in question is me then you can guess the outcome :lol:

DeletedUser

I'll comment with this.

Also since the fact that we wasnt engaging these two players, they obviously didnt join just to "save their lives".

I'd still consider such players as refugees. If non-radical Muslims from Iraq were offered a place to stay in the US, they would still be considered refugees. They are seeking refuge. Whether or not they were targets, they are still in danger. This is just my worthless opinion. I really don't care too much about all of this haha.

DeletedUser

Of course, if many tribalwars players took the stance that the U.S. does on refugees, things would be a lot different.

The U.S. generally accepts refugees based on whether we feel they are being oppressed (and for political reasons of course), so the states will typically prevent ANY future attacks on them, thus providing them with a SAFE (and I say this strongly - the mainland has not been attacked since the American Civil War) place of refuge - not very typical of many tribalwarring tribes.

Of course this can provide some rather unusual scenery - As one takes a drive along the rolling appalacian trail through Vermont, they will eventually find themselves in "somalia", where so many refugees have gone there, that they've actually made what appears to be a slice of Africa within the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.