Edgey10 speaks to THE leadership!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Greetings to you World 30!

I was recently pleased to gain the interview of a member of THE leadership, Spleen Mage, imagine my pleasure when I hear that not only will Spleen Mage be talking to me about life in THE, but 2 other members of the THE leadership also, (AK_Iceman) (JPohlman)

As like the =SK= interview I will be adapting a colour key for you to differentiate between our speakers, I hope you find it easy to use, and once again, I hope you enjoy the interview. :)

Enjoy!

Colour Key
Edgey - Black/Bold
Spleen Mage - Red
JPohlman - Purple
AK_Iceman - Blue

Hello Spleen Mage/Jpholman/AK_Iceman thank you for taking time to answer these questions for me.

No problem! It's not as if I have anything better to do with my time, rather then wade my way through the swamp of recruitment mails :]

Hi! I'm JPohlman, and I'm sneaking into this little interview because I'm a stealthy little sucker. I hope that's cool. :)

So, THE, according to some one of the oldest tribes in the game dating back to the Beta, were you a part of this?

Sadly, I wasn't a part of THE till W8; I was a late starter on W1 so I'm not sure I was even around at the time of their existence. But THE was present on both Beta (briefly) and W1 (and later W8); all were lead by our beloved Jpohlman ;] There are a few other THE tribes on other worlds, but have nothing in connection with us (apart from the name, obviously :p).

Well, honestly, Beta was a lonnggg time ago. Our history dates back to about that point in a Tribalwars sense. A friend of mine who played in a roleplaying game that I was the storyteller for discovered Tribalwars and invited us all to play. "The Hellestarian Empire" is the central political focus of that still-ongoing game, so THE became the tag and we picked it up. I really can't say I remember Beta much, mainly because we were only on it for a short while before World 1 started.

When did the decision arise to start THE once again on W30? Whose decision was it and who was the driving force throughout the process of getting things off the ground?

The plans for THE on W30 were actually quite spontaneous, it can't have been more then a week or so before the world started; thinking about it, it was probably even less then that.

All credit is due to AK_Iceman here; he's the reason the tribe took off. I wont go into much detail, since i'm sure you don't have all night, so to summarise; he mailed a few of us with the intention of living the good 'ol THE glory days of W8 (before our unfortunate demise, but that's another story....). Well, we all thought it would be an interesting idea, especially with the new settings to experiment with, so we each contacted a few friends, and before we knew it, it was like a THE reunion. It was nice to even see some players come out of retirement with the intention of playing this world with us, like Bean :]. Anyway, after some pondering of the specifics, we all started in the north, and well, here we are!

Honestly, when I first heard word of THE starting up on W30, I was skeptical. AK_Iceman came to me along with some others who he'd contacted, but I was pretty engrossed in W8 at the time, planning an operation. The operation didn't go according to plan, and I started asking some other people who were involved in THE on other worlds if they wanted in. Once I saw the list we had lined up, I couldn't resist. Like Spleen said, AK_Iceman definitely got the job done in record time.

Without giving away too much detail, looking at the map who would you say THE's current biggest threat is?

To be honest, I don’t think it’s possible to identify just one singular threat. It’s no great secret that we’re fairly spread out (after all, it just adds to the fun), but it means each player has to be wary of their local dominant tribes. I think at this stage, the continent tribes (or day I say, even some of the family tribes) are more of a threat. Being attacked by hordes of newbs/noobs can wear even the most active player down; in some ways they’re worse, as while an experienced player will generally leave a target alone if he feels he wont make a profit on it, a noob will happily suicide all their troops on you and feel good about it. Times that by 20, or even more, and you have a problem. So yeah, the big local powers are our biggest worry at the moment, even if they’re not high in the rankings.

Looking at the map, THE's biggest threat is...Itself. Why? Two reasons. One, as has been accurately pointed out by many on the Global Forums, we're fairly spread out. While we like to adhere to the mantra that any one player of ours is equal to any other player in the world, the fact is that a six-on-one gangbang isn't pleasant, and even a tribe like ours makes mistakes that others can capitalize on. More pressingly, however, is the fact that I believe a tribe is its own worst enemy when it is so very used to success; If you played on four worlds, you've started with one village four times and built it up only to get more or watch it get knocked down. How many times can you do that before it blurs together and loses its uniqueness, and thus its interest? Now, if you mean other tribes, it all depends; a threat today can be an ally tomorrow, so I'll let my above answer stand for itself.

We are now quite a while out of BP, how well have THE found things? Any particular ups or downs that have significantly affected things?

For the most part, it’s all been fine. We’ve had one or two hiccups here and there with other tribes, but y’know, nothing we can’t handle. The hardest part is when players have to leave for one reason or another, especially players that you like (Saturnsfolly, Ryan, SF) etc. but it happens; you just have to knuckle down and get on with it.

First, like, Spleen said, we've definitely lost some great players to atrophy. That's kind of a negative. Another negative I personally saw was myself writing up a huge thing on the Church...Then finding out I had my facts wrong. On the other hand, that same church is adorable and I love the concept, even if its not as cool as I first thought.

According to a prior conversation you are not the duke of THE, who holds this position and what makes them cut out for such an undoubtedly demanding job?

Well, we have a few dukes running the show, to help distribute the large amount of work that needs doing. Jpohlman is our “secret weapon”; he’s an extremely talented writer for one, and he keeps all the players in check. Martin Estoy does a fine job with diplomacy, though at the moment it’s probably more of a “No, you can’t have an alliance with us, you only have 3 members” kinda thing. And well AK is just AK. God knows what he does, except boot people! ;]

I guess that's kind of my gig. I'm definitely a not-so-secret weapon, but I guess I have my uses. I'm terrible at tribalwars (ask any of my W8 opponents! ;) ), but I guess I have a way of motivating people and coming up with strategies that my more skilled tribemates need in order to function. A lot of times I sit back and just watch things, and a lot of times I step in and give an opinion. I try to let my barons and players all be involved in decision making; for example, our tribe indulges in the practice of putting new recruit candidates before the whole of the tribe for commentary, but one or two no votes don't get someone rejected. As for the rest of our leadership, Martin Estoy is a new addition, but he's shown himself to be committed to the vision we share for our tribe's future. AK_Iceman definitely helped organize things, and he has his fingers in many different cookie jars. Spleen here? He just sits around and point-whores all day. *Poke!*

Being such an old tribe players undoubtedly eventually knock off, how many of the original Beta/World 8 players are within your ranks now? When setting up the tribe did you find the need to recruit outsiders into your ranks?

W1, sadly very few indeed. The world 8 players are far more plentiful though, some of the names might be recognisable, others are under alias. There’s even a rumour that we have a secret “In-tribe vaccum cleaner” hidden in the depths of our tribe, which nobles out a player the second he turns yellow (or in some cases before!). Anyway, back on track, a large majority of our tribe are new to THE, some being very experienced, and others being relatively new to the game. We’ve all bonded extremely well, it’s great to work with new people, since they all bring new a new dimension to the tribe, and I’m proud to be working alongside them :)

Unfortunately, I think I'm the only Beta player left, but Bean might have been as well. Myself and Bean were in THE on W1, and I know Spleen, AK_Iceman and Paddy played on W1; also, we just added Petra to our ranks, who also played W1 with us. THE had a very brief W2 existence, and as for W8...Well a lot of our players there were THE or TRE/REB/Whatever in W8. We're not the only W8-heritage group out there, but this is a different world and I haven't a concern in the world for them just because we've worked together or against one another in another world.

So, how do you expect the next few months of this world to play out? And how do you expect THE will play into things?

I expect there to be a few good wars, however a world war won't be happening for quite awhile still. Tribes will start to form clusters and maps will become very interesting. THE has attempted to keep a low profile in this world so far. This interview probably won't help... :p
Ummm... I expect us to make an impact in our core areas, K33 and K34. Apart from that, we'll be having a whole lot of fun within our tribe as well as outside it. There's a lot of fun people in this world, and I hope to get to know a lot of new ones.

Looking at the tribes, if there is any tribe you cold fight one on one with no intervention, who would it be? (without giving away too much information)

Hehe, ever since Day 1 when I found out that BD was starting NW with us, they've been the tribe that I'd LOVE to war mano y mano. Some of the best players I've played with are in that tribe, and it would be fun as well as challenging.

Another tribes question, if you could pick one tribe out of the top 100 or so to win this world, who would it be and for what reasons?

If they don't break down from inactivity, I'd give BD the best odds at winning. Great leadership, great players who know how to adapt to each stage of the game, great location.

Which tribe do you believe has the largest and smallest "size" respectively(interpret this how you wish!)

There's so many ways to interpret this...
I'd say the "largest" tribe would be WL and their family. They own K47 with an astonishing 22.86% of all villages already.

For the "smallest" tribe, I pick BD because they have the least amount of members in the top 20.

Edgey: After moving my hand to Spleens crotch, I think he understood just how I wanted this interpreted, I haven't heard from him since

And finally, care to give any words to your future opponents hiding away in this world?

Hopefully you survive long enough to face us, because I doubt you've ever fought a group of players as fun as we are. :)

DeletedUser57808

Great interview, and you could not have picked a better tribe to interview (I show no bias ^^)

DeletedUser

I remember Spleen Mage, Bean, ]Pohlman etc. Back in the day of W1. Decent players, if not some of the best. W30 has some of the same settings that of W1. If they did kick off with BD, that'd be an amazing fight to watch.

As usual, great job Edgey. Good job THE, keep it up :)

DeletedUser

Great interview Edgey. One of the best ones I have seen look forward to the next one.

DeletedUser

Gotta admit I'm liking these three way interviews quite a lot, might do the same in future interviews.

DeletedUser

I think there was one question missed out.

Is myriad with them or not, as they were basically a vassel of tre on world 8 the tribe that the merged into.

They have also joined this world in the same location as tre so i am wondering are they together.

DeletedUser

I don't want to fight ak_iceman!!!! or spleen mage!!!! i love them both too much; i would just give my village to them with no fight..... :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Is myriad with them or not, as they were basically a vassel of tre on world 8 the tribe that the merged into.

They have also joined this world in the same location as tre so i am wondering are they together.

Purely a coincidence. :icon_razz:

spleen mage

I don't want to fight ak_iceman!!!! or spleen mage!!!! i love them both too much; i would just give my village to them with no fight..... :icon_rolleyes:

Why did you add the Eye-rolling emote afterwards? We both know it's true :)

Cheers for the interview Edgey!

DeletedUser

i can't believe spleen had an interview *gasps* *shock* *gasps* *faints* ...

I don't know i'm bored been revising for 6 + days straight and it is physically and mentally killing me.

and w30 nothing is happening just waiting on all my troops :(:icon_twisted:

DeletedUser92

Hi! First of all, thanks again to Edgey for taking the time to interview us. And, as far as Panther/Estoy go, well, I'm guessing they'd be welcome to add their thoughts on any of the questions asked. :) Edgey, your interview may grow heads of its own, like some kinda irradiated Hydra. Then Godzilla will have to fight it!

As to Dragonwarriors' comment, I want to make two things clear. One, we never saw Myriad as a "vassal." They're just buddies of ours and we fought on the same side.

Second, well, I don't know what their W30 plans are. I know they exist, but I can't say for sure if they are taking the world seriously or not. I wish them the best, however. :)

the pink panther

Spleen is our tea boy, since when do they get inteviews?

DeletedUser

Spleen is our tea boy, since when do they get inteviews?

See!! thats what i'm talking about! why has he got an interview.. and here i just get told off for posting irrelevant things :'(

Infact my comments are so random; i get people in the forums calling me bad names :(

Status
Not open for further replies.