Tribal Wars & Google Chrome Browser

DeletedUser

just downloaded chrome and i really like it so far, its much beter than firefox and IE.
Its much faster and quite easy to use only problem is i cant open spoilers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

just downloaded chrome and i really like it so far, its much beter than firefox and IE.
Its much faster and quite easy to use only problem is i cant open spoilers.

Your avatar annoys me. Every time you post, i think it is Pervis posting until I read the message and notice that it isnt filled with win.

...Errm on topic. I plan on testing out chrome in the near future for farming but will keep opera for my trains and firefox for my standard surfing considering that I normally swap back and forth between 200+ tabs.

DeletedUser

For the fake/farm script mentioned in a couple posts back, you can't use that script in any of them unless you change the style. If needed I can load up the same script that works for GC on here.

Only the first spoiler works on forums.

www.tribalwars.net works just fine with me, and i don't know what you're talking about with the whole alinment thing, cause it's all right for me.

Those that use Opera, google chrome has ctrl+w that closes the window, just pound on your mouse and HOLD ctrl, and just press w as fast as you can. same results as Opera, just with a different/additional key. Yes, that makes it worse, but that makes the same results doable just as easy on GC than O, without using the FF method of getting the windows like that. I've chained 30+ fakes with the GC method, and the only reason why I didn't do more was cause of my memory being sucked bare. (one downfall for another benifit) but eh, i'm runing 700mb of ram, not the usual gigs that others have.

They are currently under works to get the features of FF added in, with the speed retained. Rumors say, it could be two different 'modes', a speed bare mode, and the loaded mode, as well as keeping the secret 'incognito' mode, though this is unconfirmed.

B@rbarian

i personally think google chrome is the most user-friendly and easy and fast browser. have opera, firefox, and ie as well but i prefer google chrome. another reason i love it is the space it gives me, tabs on top, the only problem though is when i press 'back' the page goes null most of the times.

DeletedUser

Your avatar annoys me. Every time you post, i think it is Pervis posting until I read the message and notice that it isnt filled with win.

Hmm, so I'm not the only one that sees the avatar and does that? Actually thought it was one of Perv's aliases perhaps the first few times I saw it.

robj

Hmm, so I'm not the only one that sees the avatar and does that? Actually thought it was one of Perv's aliases perhaps the first few times I saw it.

Yeah, pretty hard to miss. A unique avatar is usually a good idea - don't steal other ppl's thunder ;)

I've seen that particular one across tons of forums & one of my co-workers even uses it as an icon for his test harness setup. But hey, everyone likes cats with guns, right?

greenmonsta

i personally think google chrome is the most user-friendly and easy and fast browser. have opera, firefox, and ie as well but i prefer google chrome. another reason i love it is the space it gives me, tabs on top, the only problem though is when i press 'back' the page goes null most of the times.

GC is the fastest but I have been using opera for a while (too lazy to keep changing browsers) and I am used to using the mouse shortcuts, they are awesome. I couldn't surf without them.

Hove

I am using google chrome two months already and there is no problems for me.

DeletedUser59314

Chrome is a speed demon. I use tabs for everything in tribal wars...especially if I know I'm not going to have a lot time later. I'll open a new tab and set up what I want to do. Later all I have to do is come back and click 'attack' or 'recruit' or whatever. As you can imagine, this takes up a lot of tabs sometimes. With Firefox, I would start bogging down around 20-30, at least on my system. With Chrome, I've tested up to about 100 tabs, or basically until they start running off the screen, and my system doesn't hang a bit.

darth noobith

Chrome Is my personal favorite browser. It is MUCH faster then IE, and far less annoying.

My favorite feature though, is the ability to drag your tabs, out into windows, and then back, Very useful. I sometimes get up to 20 tabs open when im playing TW, so it is very nice to be able to organize them all into windows.

Child in time

I used to use opera, now i use chrome, it's quicker for me.

Unfortunatly i can't send anymore 'less-than-150 ms-trains', because with chrome, i could get under it.

Murderous Mouse

Unfortunatly i can't send anymore 'less-than-150 ms-trains', because with chrome, i could get under it.

I used to use opera too, now chrome also, as it is quicker and it is just easier to use at least imo, the tabs are easier to move, and the fact the tool bar acts as a search engine means this is my browser of choice normally too. I hate to switch browsers for this game and so I use it for both general browsing and this game.

Quick trains in chrome? How? I can get 1 second trains, but my trains in opera are still better, but I only use opera on important and hard targets :icon_cool:

greenmonsta

With chrome I never could... only ever been able to do that in opera.
As soon as chrome is out of beta and has some adblock feature I'll be switching back to that. For now I use opera for the mouse shortcuts (I.E. right click and drag backwards = back a page)

DeletedUser

As many of us said , Use Opera for fast timing and trains , it works fine

DeletedUser

It would be interesting to see the browser stats for tribalwars.net (each browser and the % of users of the site using it).

lilryan19

I have installed Chrome from the first day it ever came out and it is the best browser ever.No other browser competes with it and news it that Addons are coming in 2009 just like FF.As for TW it plays smooth and I have seen no problems with it.

DeletedUser

I think the top two needed adons for chrome are versions of:

* AdBlockPlus
* GreaseMonkey

DeletedUser

I think the top two needed adons for chrome are versions of:

* AdBlockPlus
* GreaseMonkey

Agreed. It will be a while until they come out, if the do. I cant see google bringing out an add-on that will block their own ads. Until then Ill settle for bookmarklets.

DeletedUser

I use em all. I play on several worlds with different aliases (each world, different alias, legal stuff). I typically use one browser per alias. My favorite is still Opera, but Chrome is almost tied with it. I still like firefox for my normal browsing and web development though, because of the addons.

I don't like Safari for Windows though.