Kraken declare on CBTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

As was posted on the THE/Kraken thread, we didn't declare because CBTF asked us to. We declared because Kraken was already planning a war on us, we just beat them to the punch.

that isnt true. We have never planned on declaring war against THE. We were looking for easy targets.

DeletedUser

that isnt true. We have never planned on declaring war against THE. We were looking for easy targets.

I don't know if you came from P-Squiggle or KROACH, but I have mails in my inbox that prove P-Squiggle leadership was trying to get an alliance together to take out THE. We had originally planned to declare on just them, but then you went ahead and merged so we declared on the new tribal family.

DeletedUser

true. and every tribe know that having somebody marked as light blue means nothing. They can complain all they want about this, but being an ally in name only doesnt mean a lot in this game.

im not trying to justify breaking an alliance, Im just saying it isnt as bad as "breaking an alliance" sounds.

whilst it is true alliances are non-binding ingame. It is untrue that marking a tribe as allies when you mutually agreed on this doesn't mean anything. You make a commitment to that tribe to stand by them. And they rightly expect you to honour that commitment. While the game does not bind you to this, there are repercussions if you don't... mainly through PnP.

I for one would not trust your tribal leaders (or you) ever again. And i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one. You guys trying to smooth this over rather then owning up to it just aggravates the problem you have.

DeletedUser

I don't know if you came from P-Squiggle or KROACH, but I have mails in my inbox that prove P-Squiggle leadership was trying to get an alliance together to take out THE. We had originally planned to declare on just them, but then you went ahead and merged so we declared on the new tribal family.

It is true that for the last months, member of our council have had talks with other tribes about forming a coalition as a counter to THE. None of those talks ever got anywhere. And that is far far different than "plans to attack THE." But it would be stupid to not try to feel out where other tribes are in case war started.

DeletedUser

It is true that for the last months, member of our council have had talks with other tribes about forming a coalition as a counter to THE. None of those talks ever got anywhere. And that is far far different than "plans to attack THE." But it would be stupid to not try to feel out where other tribes are in case war started.

Yeah, but you contacted tribes that THE had relationships with and you didn't. :icon_confused:

Sooo... you didn't think we'd find out? And when we found out, you didn't think we'd react to it?

Terrible mistake on your part.

Anyway, the THE thread is thatta way --->

DeletedUser

whilst it is true alliances are non-binding ingame. It is untrue that marking a tribe as allies when you mutually agreed on this doesn't mean anything. You make a commitment to that tribe to stand by them. And they rightly expect you to honour that commitment. While the game does not bind you to this, there are repercussions if you don't... mainly through PnP.

I didnt say that alliances dont mean anything. I am just pointing out that in this game breaking an alliance-in-name-only is not the same as breaking an alliance with somebody that you have worked closely with. Maybe you dont understand the difference because you are not tribe-huggers like us, but there is a difference.

And you also seem to forget that we dropped the alliance and declared war before the attacks started.

We would have allowed more time before the attacks started, but things deteriorated very rapidly - in fact I am not sure exactly what happened.

I for one would not trust your tribal leaders (or you) ever again. And i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one. .

Well then I guess we will just have to kill you when we resurrect ourselves from the rim. You will be my first target.

DeletedUser

are you kidding me. You dropped it at most half an hour or so before you launched. That's trying to get off on a technicality.

whether or not you considered it a good alliance is irrelevant. Feel free to say it is, but that just reflects poorly on you since you never told them it was a bad alliance.

and feel free to come get me ;)

bamsefar

Ok guys, I've been playing TW for 2-3 years and lots of other online games.

One question remains in my mind!

Why does everyone always feel the need to justify going to war with someone?? it's a bloody war game :)

Macready08

Ok guys, I've been playing TW for 2-3 years and lots of other online games.

One question remains in my mind!

Why does everyone always feel the need to justify going to war with someone?? it's a bloody war game :)

Exactly my point as well!

lord rok

hmm, i am from Kraken so that may sound a little weird, but i dont agree here...

backstabbing allys is bad! because nobody can ever trust u later in game.
and i think that trust of allys is worth more than few captured villages...

PS i think someone said something like that already, so its nothing special or new ;)

DeletedUser92

Question for consideration:

Two of my allies are at war with one another. The war stats over the last month are as follows:

Total conquers against opposite side:
Side 1: 39 (The smaller of my two allies, in terms of points)
Side 2: 25 (The larger of my two allies, in terms of points)
Difference: 14 (56% differential)

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:
Side 1: 270,014 (smaller)
Side 2: 166,952 (larger)
Difference: 103,062 (61.7% differential)

Which ally do I decide to declare war against?

P.S. Note, this is a 100% legitimate question. It is not a trick. It is not a "oh, you picked the wrong side, dummy." There are perfectly valid reasons of self interest to declare on either one, based solely on these statistics - a poor barometer of reasons in the first place.

DeletedUser

Side 1:
Tribes: CBTF CBTF-D
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: Kraken Krak-P KRAK-R
Players:

Timeframe: Last 24 hours

Total conquers:

Side 1: 21
Side 2: 22
Difference: 1

image.php

Side 1: 10
Side 2: 7
Difference: 3

image.php

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1: 113,250
Side 2: 130,984
Difference: 17,734

image.php

Side 1: 59,672
Side 2: 52,396
Difference: 7,276

image.php

DeletedUser

Andrew. You are proving no point here. It has been a full day now. War stats don't mean anything yet. When it has been several days of warfare, then post stats, but not now.

DeletedUser

Maybe his point is to prove that the war is serious or something like that.

DeletedUser

Two of my allies are at war with one another. The war stats over the last month are as follows:

P.S. Note, this is a 100% legitimate question. It is not a trick. It is not a "oh, you picked the wrong side, dummy." There are perfectly valid reasons of self interest to declare on either one, based solely on these statistics - a poor barometer of reasons in the first place.

You don't declare on your allies. You respect your alliances and don't get involved.

If the alliances are "name only" (note that I disapprove existence of these alliances at all) then... I don't know, It's obvious that "smaller in points" tribe is better, so you declare on them. After removing them you have "bigger in points" tribe as easy nobling targets.

DeletedUser22924

dam, i stopped reading half-way(cause i knew most was useless), but from what i did read, tells me that kraken is way over their small heads, and they make no sense aswell as not very smart.

DeletedUser

Greetings to everybody, who's reading this akward declaration.

I was a week on holiday, that's why i was absent on the pnp.
I'll set things straigth.

1) In my world alliances are valuable.
I think if you should drop an alliance , you should have given us at least a decent reason.I'll explain how things go in TW between respectfull trusthfull allied leaders:

-Cowardice nr1 :You communicate, every time we tried to involve you into cooperation, you refused to jump a board, and thereafter you're claiming we didn't communicate
-If you decide to drop your alliance, you should inform your allies, and explain why, and maybe look for a solution.
-Cowardice nr2: If you start war ,you should first downgrade to nap-->neutral, that's the respectfull way

2) If you accuse someone,you should make first that you aren't committing the same crime.

-you say we spied on you?
then can you explain me this:
krak-r
goldfisheaterJoined13th April 2009 - 19:00
kimpepe123Joined09th April 2009 - 12:07
dauzaJoined08th April 2009 - 22:00
BryceHughesJoined07th April 2009 - 19:00
BeardiJoined04th April 2009 - 01:00
vampireprince28Joined31st March 2009 - 04:0015,135

this looks like you're recruiting your spies back into krak-r.

Cowardice nr3: So you were spying on us,
Cowardice nr4: and recruiting from an ally.
that's an act of war on itselfs

3) So what you're doing is looking for protection with the bigger tribes and taking on the smaller ones.

Cowardice nr5. You guys are tribalhuggers
So you were allying all surrounding tribes and even BOO!at one time for except THE?and then instead of taking on a tribe of your size like erevos, you take on the small cbtf.

for your record that small cbtf is winning against your mighty friend erevos.
forever 42-33
last month 40-25
also the mighty kraken family is losting to a small tribe that is already fighting a top15tribe.

cbtf-krak fam
11-3 last 48hours.

I also noticed kraken fam lost 28vills to THE in 48hours.
So i think you should be more respectfull to tribes who earns their respect.and kicking your butt.

4) Cowardice nr 6: We were busy with trusthbuilding.
We had decent civilised convo's on msn/skype, in wich you guys started to give a better impression and actually sometimes revealed you don't liked your councils way, and now you're defending this style.
Speaking so and acting so-so is called hypocrite in my country.

Conclusion:

We constatated 6 serious violations of trust and respect.
I never have seen a tribe that would have better reasons to declare on another, but we dont declare on allies. this word: 'ally' means something to us, as my allied or future allied tribes will recognise.

And thx for being so honest to admit you guys backstabbing us on our back in front of the public.

Sincerely
Concrete representating CBTF

DeletedUser

LOL @ Kraken BACKSTABBING their allies, only to be attacked FROM BEHIND by THE. Serves em right, they coulda had an ally to back them up, but too late now.

DeletedUser92

Y'know, its really not fair. I'm really disappointed that nobody wanted to play. I'd have figured at least one smartass'd bite on it!

So, here's the scoop:

If I had to pick one, I would pick the ally that was clearly not putting in the effort it could. That ally is the larger ally. Why? It should be winning. At the very least, it should be a close fight. With a 56% village captures differential - and over 60% in points! - it shows that not only is the smaller tribe fighting harder and better, but its taking on larger villages as targets, soon!

Bottom line is, though, if I didn't have to declare on one tribe or another, I wouldn't. I'd sit it out. Its a war that's kinda pointless in the extreme to join in. Attack the bigger tribe and its gonna be a long war; attack the smaller one and don't be surprised to find yourself getting pounced. XD

In short - Kraken had no real reason to declare this war. CBTF is clearly a tribe capable of defeating a larger entity. That means its probably going to be a better ally down the line, if you keep good relations. Unfortunately, Kraken chose not to. So...Too bad.

Doesn't matter, though. Now its gotta deal with THE. :)

DeletedUser

are you kidding me. You dropped it at most half an hour or so before you launched. That's trying to get off on a technicality.

whether or not you considered it a good alliance is irrelevant. Feel free to say it is, but that just reflects poorly on you since you never told them it was a bad alliance.

and feel free to come get me ;)

Actually to clear this up if you read back in my first post in the messages that I was sending out trying to sort this out. I had incomings when I woke up in the morning from KRAKEN an fam. Then I sent out messages to some of there leaders only to get the run around while were still under allied status. Then finally about two hours later I get a message from 123callum that all diplomacys have been dropped and were at war. So while you were still light blue on the map I had sent you a report of me being attacked by allies only to find out hours later from the leader that oh were at war now..

I just don't get it where did all the honor an values go that were once in this good game?? Well for even getting caught with our pant down by our allies at least were proving them were no push over!

Status
Not open for further replies.