Would you play a non coplayed world?

DeletedUser

I think a world where there is no account sitting and co-playing is illegal would be fun. Would show everyone's true independent skill. Although, I would get owned without account sitters because I am so busy as of late.

DeletedUser

yes :)
I remember you from world 12
I would be screwed without sitters though... as I have a school sitter and night sitter :D

I think that you shouldn't have school sitters or night sitters. I think that sitters should be solely for unexpected absences.

Considering I have a ton of things "come up" all the time, I, too, would be screwed without sitter :icon_confused:

But that's what all the other worlds are for :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

My opinion is you need an Australian, a Brit and a Japanese Person.

The Brit for making intelligent posts
The japanese person for playing the game and never sleeping.
The Aussie to take all the credit and be arrogant as hell.

ha ha,you couldnt be more right.

Clur

Who cares? No one is going to set up a server for co playing just to co play on the one world it isn't allowed.

So you get up in the morning in America, go to work in Australia, then go back to playing in America again? It's pretty easy to find out the locations of the IPs.

For example, the servers for this forum are located in Slade, Germany, lat 53.6 long 9.48. I can find this and know nothing about computers.

Well, you misused condone. And since they obviously already monitor IPs to prevent players from multi accounting, the cost can't be much higher.

Actually you'd be surprised. Having played a game where cheating got so bad people were playing 3000 accounts, I know how sad players can be when it comes to cheating. I have already have heard solid rumors of a tribe using a proxy server to get round rules (unfortunately I dont know the players involved exactly so I can't report the damn thing and even if I did I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't show up to the IG staff). And I do know that it would take less than 5 mins for my husband to set me up with a proxy that would work as fast as I needed. Monitoring IPs can be extremely difficult and unworkable against someone who knows what they are doing.

DeletedUser

I co-play with someone and it really helps out.. before i co-played, my ranings were in the multi thousands.. but now that i've started co-playing with a freind from school, our rankings went up quickly lol
You ahvnt really experienced TW until you've passed notes about it to someone in school who has the same problems as you, cause he is you!
I do not like the idea of this co-playing world as it would liit me and my partner.. if other people dont like co-playing or co-players my advice to them would be to quit whining, and become better, or do the same thing were doing and get a co-player.. what me and my partner do is purely skill, and sholdnt be considered cheating by others.. there are plenty of people in the worlds who would like a co-player, and if you dont want one then set alarm clocks for when your buildings get down so you can advance quickly O.0 ...

Murderous Mouse

Co-playing is currently allowed on every world; what would one world different do to harm you?

Some people don't like co-playing, it isn't cheating, but it is an advantage that comes at a price (not being in full control of your account). You are suggesting people just pick up random co-players to counter it, how would one trust them?

Tbh your argument for not having a world like that sucks. Also, way to bump a dead topic.

Nauzhror

I co-play with someone and it really helps out.. before i co-played, my ranings were in the multi thousands.. but now that i've started co-playing with a freind from school, our rankings went up quickly lol
You ahvnt really experienced TW until you've passed notes about it to someone in school who has the same problems as you, cause he is you!
I do not like the idea of this co-playing world as it would liit me and my partner.. if other people dont like co-playing or co-players my advice to them would be to quit whining, and become better, or do the same thing were doing and get a co-player.. what me and my partner do is purely skill, and sholdnt be considered cheating by others.. there are plenty of people in the worlds who would like a co-player, and if you dont want one then set alarm clocks for when your buildings get down so you can advance quickly O.0 ...

Shush. One world wouldn't hurt you. Also I don't recognize your name, so my bet is your ranking even with your co-player is still in the thousands.

If I wasn't clear: I not only would play a world without co-playing, but I'd appreciate such a world existing. I'd also appreciate it having no account sitting.

DeletedUser

I'd also appreciate it having no account sitting.

You can't have it no account sitting period, sometimes things pop up in real life, or you actually want to have a real life, and having an account sitter is a necessity. The rules could be changed, but never should account sitting be removed on a permanent world.

Nauzhror

You can't have it no account sitting period

Sure you can.

Izzy Stradlin said:
sometimes things pop up in real life, or you actually want to have a real life,

I kid you not, the world doesn't end if you log out without setting a sitter.

If you disallow co-playing but not sityting there is no point. Following example:

Purple Predator makes an account, Sami/BloodRayne- makes another account. Usually they co-play, instead this time one of the two accounts is a dummy account and is used solely to sit the other account when their offline.

That's no different than co-playing.

DeletedUser

Co-playing is currently allowed on every world; what would one world different do to harm you?

Some people don't like co-playing, it isn't cheating, but it is an advantage that comes at a price (not being in full control of your account). You are suggesting people just pick up random co-players to counter it, how would one trust them?

Tbh your argument for not having a world like that sucks. Also, way to bump a dead topic.

I never said a world without co-playing would harm me, i said it would limit me and my friend. Co-playing has its dsiadvantages yes, and thats why it is considered fair.. Am i suggesting people pick up random people to co-play with them?? I most certainly am NOT, all im trying to say is co-playing (to me) makes TW much more fun and interesting, so why not try to further it instead of limit it..? Like how baout a world where there is only co-players?

DeletedUser

I need account sitting some of the times like over vacation...D= I would be dead without it.

DeletedUser

I think a world where there is no account sitting and co-playing is illegal would be fun. Would show everyone's true independent skill. Although, I would get owned without account sitters because I am so busy as of late.
yea i agree with kaylub pretty much

Nauzhror

I never said a world without co-playing would harm me, i said it would limit me and my friend. Co-playing has its dsiadvantages yes, and thats why it is considered fair.. Am i suggesting people pick up random people to co-play with them?? I most certainly am NOT, all im trying to say is co-playing (to me) makes TW much more fun and interesting, so why not try to further it instead of limit it..? Like how baout a world where there is only co-players?

Wtf? a world where you have to co-play? Yeah...that'd work....

/facepalms

Murderous Mouse

Are you serious?
A world with only co-players, the minority co-play (from experience), TWstaff will very unlikely do something for the minority, I also fail to see why having an only co-play world is worth it. After all the reason for a non co-play world is that it is argued co-playing gives an advantage, the same can not be argued for not co-playing.

'there are plenty of people in the worlds who would like a co-player' - You

Is that not suggesting just to pick up a co-player?

Also you fail to see both sides of the argument and are one of these people who can only ever be right. :icon_rolleyes:

jaantrag

i have nohting agains the co-playing rule, but how are u coing to see that this rule will be followed..

only allowing to log in to the account with the IP they started that world ?

what about public internet coffes, and traveling peapole. they cant log in anywhere else , and not even talking about thows who have automatical IP, that is everytime the connect to the internet theyr IP will change..

DeletedUser

personally if i wanted to stay at the world longer, i wouldn;t join the world with forbidden co-playing. for a short time - ya, why not? co-playing really isn't as easy as it seems to be

at polish tw co-playing has been illegal. how it affects the game? when world is new, most play by themselves. but when accounts get bigger, those who due to rl they are not able to spend at TW as much time as it is needed -quit the game. some others choose breaking the rules and co-play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarion

Sure you can.

I kid you not, the world doesn't end if you log out without setting a sitter.

If you disallow co-playing but not sityting there is no point. Following example:

Purple Predator makes an account, Sami/BloodRayne- makes another account. Usually they co-play, instead this time one of the two accounts is a dummy account and is used solely to sit the other account when their offline.

That's no different than co-playing.
I have a fix for account sitting, just by the way - Make it last a minimum of 24 hours from your sitter taking over, to you being able to get on again. That way, it's useful for what it should be used for; going away for a day or two.

Account sitting should not be a "24-hour activity" button. That's not what it was designed for.

Some other option might be possible, such as it only having a short period of time (1 week, for example) before the sitter can't send attacks, or anything like that.

Basically, account sitting = Yes. For holidays, etc. Co-playing, no, not even through account sitting

DeletedUser

People are still posting here :eek:

I remember when this was first posted, back in December...