Sent Jul 05,2010 06:31

Attacker: ShruggedZebra
Origin: Shruggy~1 (195|496) K41

Defender: james647
Destination: Shruggy~3 (200|503) K52

Quantity: 0 0 100 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 100 0 0 0 0 0 0

Loyalty: Dropped from 25 to -7

Admittedly its not much but at least im trying to make sure it doesnt quite all go PAINT's way with my breathtakingly swift recaps! <3

ReginaV

Scallywaggle we love you for being the only one resisting - keep it up :D

DeletedUser

With pleasure:

FirstsnipeTW49.jpg

no doubt many experts and more experienced players could do better but im still quietly pleased with my first sniping attempt :)

DeletedUser

What kind of noble train is that?... 3 nobles wouldn't take your village even if you did nothing and dodged it... and that's not to mention the fact that the third noble is awfully timed.

DeletedUser

Good point on the timing, thats not my problem though but i believe they are from separate villages

Secondly the village in question has low loyalty since he took it last night before i re-nobled it about 3 seconds later so he must feel 3 nobles would be more than enough

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Oh ok. A messed up timing makes sense I guess, but any skilled player should have gotten it right the first time, or set up the chance to have another go at getting it right...

DeletedUser

You are undoubtedly correct zenron, i guess PAINT has low recruiting standards ;)

DeletedUser

What kind of noble train is that?... 3 nobles wouldn't take your village even if you did nothing and dodged it... and that's not to mention the fact that the third noble is awfully timed.

there is a small chance of nobling the village with 3 nobles

DeletedUser

Yeah thirsty, but it's not that likely that to happen, and I guess it doesn't matter considering it's already at low loyalty.

DeletedUser

Sent Jul 05,2010 17:06

Attacker: james647
Origin: 002 (204|516) K52

Quantity: 0 0 0 0 200 0 0 0 1
Losses: 0 0 0 0 200 0 0 0 1

Sent Jul 05,2010 17:06

Origin: 002 (204|516) K52

Quantity: 0 0 0 0 100 0 0 0 1
Losses: 0 0 0 0 100 0 0 0 1

cy@

too bad the third noble got though

Sent Jul 05,2010 17:07

Origin: 004 (201|512) K52

Quantity: 0 0 4709 0 1316 0 250 30 1
Losses: 0 0 1782 0 498 0 95 11 0

Loyalty: Dropped from 41 to 15

I guess if nothing else he'll overpower me with sheer troops :p

DeletedUser

So paint gives some people a chance to learn the game? That gives my vote to paint!

Aye fair enough if he's new but at the same time this is also my first proper world, oh sure i played for a week on W27 i think but i never got more than like 500 points or something.

Its not hard to go to the guide library on the forums and just look things up, im managing just fine. Well im not fine but surviving with my dignity intact just about i'd like to think

DeletedUser

We have many players who are new to the game and this is their first world, we offer them training, advice and guides although we feel it's best to learn through war and mistakes. For a first world player coordinating from several villages with good coordination and small gaps between attacks is difficult. Things like that can only really be learned from trying, failing/succeeding and attempting again; then the player can clearly see where they went wrong and how to improve next time.

DeletedUser

With the right tutelage Whitty, those types of mistakes wouldn't happen. For example, in the situation above, the person should have been taught to send the noble from the farthest village possible so that they might get another chance at getting the timing right by sending another noble, and even if that wasn't possible, just sending in a couple of attacks without anything else just makes it easier for the person to snipe. The player could have overlapped the gap between attacks with fakes from a couple of villages to disguise the mistake.

But anyway, it's good to see someone from /QUIT actually posting something that we can talk about for once. Good for you Scallywaggle :)

DeletedUser

Aye fair enough if he's new but at the same time this is also my first proper world, oh sure i played for a week on W27 i think but i never got more than like 500 points or something.

Its not hard to go to the guide library on the forums and just look things up, im managing just fine. Well im not fine but surviving with my dignity intact just about i'd like to think

Knowing how and actually being able to are 2 different things :)

DeletedUser

Well thats why you practice i should imagine, if you are concerned your trains arent up to scratch you find a random barb and practice until you get it right. At least thats how i'd do it anyway.

And thank you Zenron although i am starting to wonder why i bother, my tribal forums are bitterly silent at the moment apart from the odd squabble about people leaving which doesnt inspire much hope admittedly. Nevertheless i refuse to lose my personal war with James647 and i shall keep on fighting until PAINT surrender (lol) or my tribe disbands.

DeletedUser

Ha Scally, I used to do that back in the day. It really helps your reaction times. Seems like it's the beginning of the end for /QUIT though...

Shitbrick82

Well thats why you practice i should imagine, if you are concerned your trains arent up to scratch you find a random barb and practice until you get it right. At least thats how i'd do it anyway.

And thank you Zenron although i am starting to wonder why i bother, my tribal forums are bitterly silent at the moment apart from the odd squabble about people leaving which doesnt inspire much hope admittedly. Nevertheless i refuse to lose my personal war with James647 and i shall keep on fighting until PAINT surrender (lol) or my tribe disbands.

Thats the best thing to do, introduce a new player to opera teach them about hotkeys and then have checks once every couple of weeks to see how they are coming along and if they are managing to improve there timings by having them send fake trains at you so you can check there timings once they have it down from one villa introduce attack planner and get them doing it from multiple villas then get them splitting trains and building split trains to have defensive troops landing in final hit.

On another note /Quit ain't doing to bad yet people are going over the top on this thread we are looking at 2 tribes with over 500 villas between them and people think the war is all but over when under 20 fall ? Yeh I ain't stupid its a real bad start when you consider who declared but its not over by a long shot Paint will do the usual and recruit for position and try and take the leaders to cause /Quit to disband and to be honest its a tactic thats worked for them in the past although not a very good one in the long run as players soon get bored and go inactive and have to be booted when they start affecting the stats and making them look bad :icon_razz: