Statue or Fast barracks?

DeletedUser

I'd suggest to go for Statue first. It is always nice to have an early barb-thief for you. Barracks will come along, and now, since you have that much of BP, you can sit back and relax. Build Statue, farm with Pally, go for Barracks.

the pink panther

Is outside tribe support enabled? just wondered about spiked barbs, as that wouldn't be very newb friendly

DeletedUser

Is outside tribe support enabled? just wondered about spiked barbs, as that wouldn't be very newb friendly

I was thinking about that earlier. I tried it, support outside tribe ie enabled.

I suppose noobs have gotta find out about it somehow, the hard way-aka lose troops- or the easy way-read guide.

EDIT: on the other hand whoes actually gonna spike. I mean noobs don't know about farming anyway, not really, and the tbh the tutorial, where they lose spears could teach them equally to attack as it could to not-because those who can do maths instantly see that attack isn't profitable.
And most of the pros are all for helping noobs-so spiking won't exactly help lol

Last edited by a moderator:

the pink panther

I was thinking about that earlier. I tried it, support outside tribe ie enabled.

I suppose noobs have gotta find out about it somehow, the hard way-aka lose troops- or the easy way-read guide.

EDIT: on the other hand whoes actually gonna spike. I mean noobs don't know about farming anyway, not really, and the tbh the tutorial, where they lose spears could teach them equally to attack as it could to not-because those who can do maths instantly see that attack isn't profitable.
And most of the pros are all for helping noobs-so spiking won't exactly help lol

there's bound to be players who will realise that newbs won't scout first later and will subsequently spike, I would have thought this would have been the first thing to be disabled.

DeletedUser

there's bound to be players who will realise that newbs won't scout first later and will subsequently spike, I would have thought this would have been the first thing to be disabled.

True but we all take a risk when we farm early on, before end of Bp. The farms are limited, we dont have scouts. Its easy to spike and get kills. I was quite surprised that this wasn't disabled but like i said, many noobs won't farm early on anyway.

Later on they might, but by then the value of the spike has decreased dramatically.
How many players still spike after a month in the game?

DeletedUser

Maybe you could just disable the supporting of barbs, somehow?

the pink panther

Me :p

makes more sense between the 5 and 10 village stage when you have a fair bit of defence to kill all the 100lc raids that you reasonable size neighbour is after.

Just thinking it probably wasn't enabled as to let players support allies, generally more newbs = more allies

DeletedUser

Yes, it's enabled, and I think it's actually quite noob friendly in the long run. Without being able to support non-tribe villages, you can't send support behind noble trains, and I think that is important for noobs to be able to do, if they are to learn how to play the game right.

DeletedUser

That is a problem... that I had not thought of.

Topic- Statue should always be the first thing built, as the pally will provide a fast source of resources

A humble player

That is a problem... that I had not thought of.

Topic- Statue should always be the first thing built, as the pally will provide a fast source of resources

third or fourth. Mines (iron and clay at least) first.

DeletedUser

[8:05:16 PM] Nick-RedHunter/alexht: Overall ranking 258 RedHunter NUTS! 92 1 92
[8:05:33 PM] Nick-RedHunter/alexht: K44 ranking 267 RedHunter NUTS! 76 1 1
[8:05:39 PM] Nick-RedHunter/alexht: game glitch ftw?

DeletedUser

Pally ofcourse. Great to spike those grey villages : )

Your support from ** in Bonus village has been attacked

Quantity: 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0
Losses: 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

DeletedUser71572

[8:05:16 PM] Nick-RedHunter/alexht: Overall ranking 258 RedHunter NUTS! 92 1 92
[8:05:33 PM] Nick-RedHunter/alexht: K44 ranking 267 RedHunter NUTS! 76 1 1
[8:05:39 PM] Nick-RedHunter/alexht: game glitch ftw?

World rankings always update 5-10 minutes or so before continent rankings.

DeletedUser

Pally ofcourse. Great to spike those grey villages : )

Your support from ** in Bonus village has been attacked

Quantity: 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0
Losses: 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

You had better be a newb! :O
If not, I'mma chase you with a big stick!

DeletedUser

Theres both pros and cons to this rule

family tribes for the new guys will happen and so will they have friends they want to support.

but the spiking will hurt them and im sure they wont be farming as much as an experienced player so i think the pros outway the cons for this one

DeletedUser

Spiking villages is very helpful for the newcomers. This way we can effectively train them how to recruit new spears.

DeletedUser

So once you get a pally you can attack a barb and have the pally not die?

DeletedUser

I have no experience whatsoever : )

But even then, you don't like people spiking?

If you're a newbie yourself, then I actually don't have a problem with it. Call it double standards, maybe, but if you're trying out these tricks for yourself then it's all part of your own learning curve.
However, if you were an experienced player using your skills to hinder the growth of a newbie, in a world designed for newbie growth, then I'd be chasing you with a stick. Big stick. With a nail through it.