Whats the most 'newbie' thing you have ever done?

DeletedUser

That would have been pretty difficult to snipe - you woudn't be able to choose which one to snipe :)

DeletedUser

When i first played tw i used to think sw are the best unit to attack :icon_redface: , so my nukes used to consist of only sw. funny thing i was pretty aggressive and actually nobled a player using this supreme nuke :icon_cool:

After playing for some time i thought it was genius of me for thinking to send 4 nobles to noble a village without needing to wait for the nobles to return :icon_biggrin: , problem the train was something like 5 minuets apart :icon_redface:

Definitions

TW: Stands for tribal wars

Train: A series of attacks sent in quick succession, most usually including nobles, (referred to as ‘noble trains’).

DeletedUser

Glad you like is kusty, god lots to explain here...

Definition time again

N00b: A player that does not show promise. Can be either new or old.

(The) Rim: The outer K’s on the map. The rim is always expanding.

Rim tribe: Any tribe that forms on the rim.

NAP: Non-aggression pact. Made between tribes to signify a state of peace between each other. This generally lasts until one tribe decides they want the villages of the other, which is most often followed by the betrayed tribe posting in outrage on the PF’s.

K: Shorthand for ‘continent’. Ie. K45.

My bad, I actually meant outer-core. What continents are those, Fordy? =3

Also, maybe you should explain why it's a poor idea to say what I did on the public forums ^_~

Just... Helping you out, teach <3

DeletedUser

Fordy = W52s Personal Teacher

Great thread, I will see if I can think of my noobest moment

My noobiest moment: It was my first world, and I was in a decent tribe they new the basics; noble trains, village builds, etc.

I didnt really get the concept of a noble train back then,

I recieved 2 attacks and thought it was a noble train, I asked for support and the 2 attacks end up being fakes, and one of the 2 supporters who supported me lost a village as he had all his deff with me.

:icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Correction: DNY were the first to win a world ever in all servers

Edited

That would have been pretty difficult to snipe - you woudn't be able to choose which one to snipe :)

Snipe To time support / recall defence in such a manner as to split an attackers noble train and thus prevent him from conquering your village in one stroke. This is a favoured defence tactic by experienced players when defence needs to be conserved.

Sniping 2: To noble a village that another player cleared before he/she can noble it. This is considered a low trick.

My bad, I actually meant outer-core. What continents are those, Fordy? =3

Also, maybe you should explain why it's a poor idea to say what I did on the public forums ^_~

Just... Helping you out, teach <3

Why don't you help me kusty <3 Will comeback to edit

If you mean DNY was the first to win a server in all of TW you are wrong :) W1 .de, tapion16 and his tribe.

Re-edited Thought i was right :icon_rolleyes:

My noobiest moment: It was my first world, and I was in a decent tribe they new the basics; noble trains, village builds, etc.

I didnt really get the concept of a noble train back then,

I recieved 2 attacks and thought it was a noble train, I asked for support and the 2 attacks end up being fakes, and one of the 2 supporters who supported me lost a village as he had all his deff with me.

:icon_redface:

Support: Any defence troops player A sends to player B to help against an incoming attack are then known as ‘support’. Very important one doesn’t confuse the ‘attack’ and ‘support’ buttons when sending support.

Fake: In-game technique in which a player sends a ‘fake attack’ at another player - often consisting of a single axe or ram. Typically used during war to confuse and fluster enemy targets. Choose thine target wisely - if you’re not faking someone who gets worried, you’re probably faking someone who’s just going to get irritated and make it a personal mission to crush you

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser83368

Mine was when I was asked to sit a friend and send a train (it was my first world), i rmemeber reading train were important, because you can take loyalty down to 0 with one, with 4 nobles. I did not specify how. So he let me account-sit him, and i sent 14 so- called "trains" to his enemies, all his nobles died, and I got kicked :D

DeletedUser

Mine was when I was asked to sit a friend and send a train (it was my first world), i rmemeber reading train were important, because you can take loyalty down to 0 with one, with 4 nobles. I did not specify how. So he let me account-sit him, and i sent 14 so- called "trains" to his enemies, all his nobles died, and I got kicked :D

Definitions

(Account) Sitting: Allowing another player to take control of your account, through the Settings --> Account Sitting process in game. This is most notably done in order to have someone look after your account whilst you’re away from TW. Many tribes maintain a rule explicitly stating their members may only be account sat by other tribe members. Aka the bane of many Australian players existences.

Kicked: When a player is dismissed from a tribe.

the pink panther

I like this. Newbies can read this and learn from our mistakes :)

My newbiest moment, hmm? I don't think I've ever done something tragically noobish, just a lot of lil' mistakes.
Perhaps my first few posts on the forums, where I was basically a passionate noob who kept talking about how a bigger tribe on the outer-rim (K26) was evil because they broke their NAP with us and attacked us.

Explain that one for the boys and girls, Fordizzle :D

You lead Ori World 8, doesn't get much more nooby than that :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Back when I started was using version of Internet Explorer that didn't have a tab option

Ended up transposing the coords for my noble train, the clearing wave hit a barb the rest died on the correct target :|

Opera is great for sending fast trains but its soooo important to make sure your clearing wave hits first. Many times I didn't check and the clearing wave would hit in the middle of the train

And NO I never did send a spear nuke :p

the pink panther

LOL I remember the world 1 trains, where we would attack with one noble from the rally point, click on the attack then resend again with the next noble etc. 1 minute trains FTW.

DeletedUser

You lead Ori World 8, doesn't get much more nooby than that :icon_biggrin:

Doh! I was hoping nobody'd remember that :lol:

I didn't lead Ori though, that was a guy called Wizard*. OK player, not too great a leader =/
Still, yeah. I was Baron for the last week of their life >.>
Trying to save a sinking ship, right after a messy rebellion and the old leadership going inactive. Didn't stand much of a chance :(

the pink panther

Nah lol, W8 fun times, you still speak to that nub calarasi?

DeletedUser

Don't know what a nOOb or anything about them is?
A. INTRO
I. What is this?
II. Defining 'Noob'

B. COMMON NOOB CHARACTERISTICS
I. Noobish
II. Where to find noobs
III. Behavior of noobs
IV. Noob religion
V. More about noob habitats

C. AVOIDING NOOBS
I. Make sure you aren't one
II. Major noob avoiding strategies

------------------------

A. INTRO

I. What is this?
This guide is designed to give you a better understanding of what a noob is, how to recognize them, some details about them, and how to avoid or get rid of them. It mostly applies to online forums, which are the main targets of migrating noobs.

II. Defining 'Noob'
Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own. It is the latter we will study in this guide so that the reader is prepared to encounter them in the wild if needed.

Noobs are often referred to as n00bs as a sign of disrespect toward them, and it's often hella funny, but I will refer to them as noobs during this reading.

* Usually the topic at hand on an internet forum.

I. Noobish
Often, but not always, noobs will attempt to communicate in their own primitive language, known as "n00bish." It is a variant of the hacker language that exposes them as having little intelligence or will to learn. Here is an example of some noobish. Do not attempt to comprehend it: it cannot be discerned without professionals at hand.

stFU /../..an, i r teh r0xx0rz liek emin3m, u cna go tO EHLL OR ATLE4St help m3 wit hthIS!!111!!!!!!!1~~1!!``!! LOLLOLOLLOLOLlOoLLOlollLLl u n00b

Although you may find this unbelievably funny and/or annoying, it is best to restrain yourself and keep from talking back to them, as they are very territorial and easily angered. This will result in their attempted verbal abuse of you, possibly backed up by other noobs, because they work in packs when doing offensive tasks. It is not an easy task to learn this language because our intelligent accent will keep it from sounding quite right when spoken. You can write some simple noobish of your own, however, by slamming your face into your keyboard repeatedly.

II. Where to find n00bs
On the internet, n00bs make their colonies on forums. They migrate in waves, usually on weekends, and proceed to clog up bandwidth with stupid questions and sometimes even stupid answers. If you happen to be unfortunate enough to be on a board large enough to attract migrating noobs, there will hopefully be authority in charge who is smart enough to take extermination measures before they can make nests and larger colonies. THE BANNER HAMMER is one form of authority.

Larger colonies can result in the mutation of some into spammers. Not commercial spammers, but pointless spammers. A noob can become one of these at any point, but the larger the amount of noobs, the more chance pointless spammers will appear.

Off the internet, noobs appear anywhere the focus is on learning or discussing something specific.

III. Behavior of noobs
Since noobs are basically ignorant bastards, they have a lot in common. The most often seen characteristic is their fluency in noobish, which is why it got its own section. They will also be very self confident as if they were the absolute best at what they are in fact the worst at. Also, they are quite agressive and self-centered, and tend to laugh a lot using many L's and O's in rapid sucession (the noobish word for laughing like an ultimate retard).

It is their instinct to assemble in packs for defense, and they often attempt to organize packs that they call teams. Unfortunately for them, teams usually result in a total loss of communication and they can often begin to fight amongst each other. These teams are quite unlike those formed by non-noobs.

Noobs have difficulty reading English and cannot comprehend the idea of authority.

Therefore, they have an all-out disregard for rules, basic or not. A good way to identify a noob (bad) vs. a newb (good) is to tell them (or have an authority tell them) which rule they are unknowingly breaking. If they respond with an apology and fix it, they are probably not a noob. If they react by insulting everything around them in rapid noobish and causing general mayhem, it is because they are a noob and have had a small seizure due to their inability to understand what is happening.

IV. Noob Religion
Noobs follow a variation of the 1337 (sometimes 7331) religion, in which they worship the number in odd rituals and put altars in their forum avatars and signatures. They often call themselves 1337, which experts say is somewhat like calling themselves godly in a human language. It's best to not interfere with their religious fantasies and practices because that can lead to a noob uprising, which can turn a forum to mush in less than a week.

Noobs often attempt to maintain their own web pages. Some common features of these lairs are a terrible lack of content, background music, lots of pointless animated gifs, and pages that say some variation of 'tHEir isnothinG H34r yEtt LOLLOLOL!111!1!!~~~!!`! 13371337', which means 'Nothing here yet' in noobish.

They will also have large, seemingly infinite marquees of 88X31 affiliate buttons replaced with red X's scattered here and there, and possibly a hit counter showing a number less than 100. These habitats are numerous but fairly easy to avoid because only noobs link to them. So if you can identify a noob, don't go to its homepage. Simple as that.

C. AVOIDING NOOBS

Note: This section is bilingual so even noobs can make the discovery if they haven't already.

English (T4lk)-

Read the above parts of this guide carefully. If you find yourself unable to comprehend any of it but are instead beginning to think about how great you are and how awesome 'teh 1337' is, you might want to take one of the many available online quizzes to check your noobancy.

Noobish (133713371337)- Liek, u gott4 re3D teh gudieCAREFUl1y and tehn OMG LIEK I AM R0XX0RZ ya anD ify 0u turn into teh reTARDED u gota go 2 MY WEBP4GE LOLLOLOL!!111~11 ad check 4 warez n stfuu. if u r a n00b go2HELL LOLLOLOlROFLMFAO11!!!11!!!! a/s/l pos gtg n00b suxx0rz ur b0xx0rz OLOOOLOLLLL HELP HELP HELP 1337133713371337

The main factor in attracting migrating herds of noobs is a large, active forum. If you find one of these, look to see if it has the management to avoid noob infestation. If not, look for a small or mid-sized forum that covers the same topic so you can enjoy your time there before the noobs find it.

Another way to keep noobs from interfering with your life is to become part of the authority on one of these forums. But that's often hard to do so you'll probably be better off avoiding larger forums first off. If you do manage to become part of the authority, however, take full advantage of it and establish extermination policies so that normal people can have a nice time without noob infestations.
Noob Talk: LAlWAlwalwalWAWLAWLAWA!~!~!~!!!11!!! 1M NOtttt N0000BZ

DeletedUser

LOL I remember the world 1 trains, where we would attack with one noble from the rally point, click on the attack then resend again with the next noble etc. 1 minute trains FTW.

FTW: For the win. Used to express great approval.

Doh! I was hoping nobody'd remember that :lol:

I didn't lead Ori though, that was a guy called Wizard*. OK player, not too great a leader =/
Still, yeah. I was Baron for the last week of their life >.>
Trying to save a sinking ship, right after a messy rebellion and the old leadership going inactive. Didn't stand much of a chance :(

World hopping: A player who changes world very often

DeletedUser

Nah lol, W8 fun times, you still speak to that nub calarasi?

I still don't like him much. He used to turn up in World 5 where I posted and start flaming me, but I usually got the better of him! RAWR!

I do hope he's stopped with the way he was playing back then. The way he was treating some of Ori's members was just waaaay over the top =/

Where were you in World 8? :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

[spoil]Don't know what a nOOb or anything about them is?
A. INTRO
I. What is this?
II. Defining 'Noob'

I. Noobish
II. Where to find noobs
III. Behavior of noobs
IV. Noob religion

C. AVOIDING NOOBS

------------------------

A. INTRO

I. What is this?
This guide is designed to give you a better understanding of what a noob is, how to recognize them, some details about them, and how to avoid or get rid of them. It mostly applies to online forums, which are the main targets of migrating noobs.

II. Defining 'Noob'
Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own. It is the latter we will study in this guide so that the reader is prepared to encounter them in the wild if needed.

Noobs are often referred to as n00bs as a sign of disrespect toward them, and it's often hella funny, but I will refer to them as noobs during this reading.

* Usually the topic at hand on an internet forum.

I. Noobish
Often, but not always, noobs will attempt to communicate in their own primitive language, known as "n00bish." It is a variant of the hacker language that exposes them as having little intelligence or will to learn. Here is an example of some noobish. Do not attempt to comprehend it: it cannot be discerned without professionals at hand.

stFU /../..an, i r teh r0xx0rz liek emin3m, u cna go tO EHLL OR ATLE4St help m3 wit hthIS!!111!!!!!!!1~~1!!``!! LOLLOLOLLOLOLlOoLLOlollLLl u n00b

Although you may find this unbelievably funny and/or annoying, it is best to restrain yourself and keep from talking back to them, as they are very territorial and easily angered. This will result in their attempted verbal abuse of you, possibly backed up by other noobs, because they work in packs when doing offensive tasks. It is not an easy task to learn this language because our intelligent accent will keep it from sounding quite right when spoken. You can write some simple noobish of your own, however, by slamming your face into your keyboard repeatedly.

II. Where to find n00bs
On the internet, n00bs make their colonies on forums. They migrate in waves, usually on weekends, and proceed to clog up bandwidth with stupid questions and sometimes even stupid answers. If you happen to be unfortunate enough to be on a board large enough to attract migrating noobs, there will hopefully be authority in charge who is smart enough to take extermination measures before they can make nests and larger colonies. THE BANNER HAMMER is one form of authority.

Larger colonies can result in the mutation of some into spammers. Not commercial spammers, but pointless spammers. A noob can become one of these at any point, but the larger the amount of noobs, the more chance pointless spammers will appear.

Off the internet, noobs appear anywhere the focus is on learning or discussing something specific.

III. Behavior of noobs
Since noobs are basically ignorant bastards, they have a lot in common. The most often seen characteristic is their fluency in noobish, which is why it got its own section. They will also be very self confident as if they were the absolute best at what they are in fact the worst at. Also, they are quite agressive and self-centered, and tend to laugh a lot using many L's and O's in rapid sucession (the noobish word for laughing like an ultimate retard).

It is their instinct to assemble in packs for defense, and they often attempt to organize packs that they call teams. Unfortunately for them, teams usually result in a total loss of communication and they can often begin to fight amongst each other. These teams are quite unlike those formed by non-noobs.

Noobs have difficulty reading English and cannot comprehend the idea of authority.

Therefore, they have an all-out disregard for rules, basic or not. A good way to identify a noob (bad) vs. a newb (good) is to tell them (or have an authority tell them) which rule they are unknowingly breaking. If they respond with an apology and fix it, they are probably not a noob. If they react by insulting everything around them in rapid noobish and causing general mayhem, it is because they are a noob and have had a small seizure due to their inability to understand what is happening.

IV. Noob Religion
Noobs follow a variation of the 1337 (sometimes 7331) religion, in which they worship the number in odd rituals and put altars in their forum avatars and signatures. They often call themselves 1337, which experts say is somewhat like calling themselves godly in a human language. It's best to not interfere with their religious fantasies and practices because that can lead to a noob uprising, which can turn a forum to mush in less than a week.

Noobs often attempt to maintain their own web pages. Some common features of these lairs are a terrible lack of content, background music, lots of pointless animated gifs, and pages that say some variation of 'tHEir isnothinG H34r yEtt LOLLOLOL!111!1!!~~~!!`! 13371337', which means 'Nothing here yet' in noobish.

They will also have large, seemingly infinite marquees of 88X31 affiliate buttons replaced with red X's scattered here and there, and possibly a hit counter showing a number less than 100. These habitats are numerous but fairly easy to avoid because only noobs link to them. So if you can identify a noob, don't go to its homepage. Simple as that.

C. AVOIDING NOOBS

Note: This section is bilingual so even noobs can make the discovery if they haven't already.

English (T4lk)-

Read the above parts of this guide carefully. If you find yourself unable to comprehend any of it but are instead beginning to think about how great you are and how awesome 'teh 1337' is, you might want to take one of the many available online quizzes to check your noobancy.

Noobish (133713371337)- Liek, u gott4 re3D teh gudieCAREFUl1y and tehn OMG LIEK I AM R0XX0RZ ya anD ify 0u turn into teh reTARDED u gota go 2 MY WEBP4GE LOLLOLOL!!111~11 ad check 4 warez n stfuu. if u r a n00b go2HELL LOLLOLOlROFLMFAO11!!!11!!!! a/s/l pos gtg n00b suxx0rz ur b0xx0rz OLOOOLOLLLL HELP HELP HELP 1337133713371337

The main factor in attracting migrating herds of noobs is a large, active forum. If you find one of these, look to see if it has the management to avoid noob infestation. If not, look for a small or mid-sized forum that covers the same topic so you can enjoy your time there before the noobs find it.

Another way to keep noobs from interfering with your life is to become part of the authority on one of these forums. But that's often hard to do so you'll probably be better off avoiding larger forums first off. If you do manage to become part of the authority, however, take full advantage of it and establish extermination policies so that normal people can have a nice time without noob infestations.
Noob Talk: LAlWAlwalwalWAWLAWLAWA!~!~!~!!!11!!! 1M NOtttt N0000BZ[/spoil]

You got to be having a laugh if you think im doing all the definitions in that :icon_eek:

the pink panther

I still don't like him much. He used to turn up in World 5 where I posted and start flaming me, but I usually got the better of him! RAWR!

I do hope he's stopped with the way he was playing back then. The way he was treating some of Ori's members was just waaaay over the top =/

Where were you in World 8? :icon_redface:

I was North K44, I was the first person on W8 to noble an Ori member :icon_biggrin:

Yeah Cal always follows us THE boy's and tries (and fails) to flame us.

DeletedUser92171

The most nooby thing I ever done was letting a 116 pointer become duke because he sent me a link of a rank 1 account on a different world and said it was him. He then disbanded the tribe :icon_sad: