Removal of army camps

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

id like to thank the admins for their timing, i was halfway through sending troops in an op im engaged in at the moment, had they waited another 24 hours to notify us of this i would have wasted hours more sending out attacks.

id like to encourage whomever was responsible for making such a decision to take the time to discuss the decisin they seem to have already made with someone who works in PR or marketing as what they have built in Tribal wars is in effect an excellent brand which almost any marketer or business owner would be proud of, your customers are largely passionate consumers of your product; many staff work as volounteers; people encourage their friends to join the game; they discuss it on forums; they eagerly anticipate the opening of new worlds and in essence have formed an alternate community based around the feeling of belonging they have within the game; they spend their lunch breaks at school and work chatting with tribemates over skype...

your customers actually feel a sense of belonging to your brand. Your customers very behaviour is effected by their subscription to this game, in some cases quite drastically.

its brilliant... i wish the customers of my buusiness were 10th as passinate or felt as involved as they do here.

heres the downside... what you are doing now is felt with disbelief by those loyal customers who werent just buying your product, but whom were subscribing to what you offered and basing a significant portion of their time and energy into your game. it is not felt like verbal abuse from a stranger in the street, but more akin to a slap in the face from a loved one.

I like many others came to this game from teh facebook ap, knigthood, people left in droves when afte months or years of playing the nature of th game was suddently changed, and many came to play tribalwars instead... now i and many oters find ourselves on a world where the same thing is happening.

Keep in mind, when you look at TW's army camp worlds, the people who would leave would probably not be significant enough to trigger something large enough to make TW actually start getting concerned about this. However, if you look at it from a community point of view, this could most certainly ripple out to other worlds.

But in the theory of a mass exodus, such a thing won't happen server-wide. It may occur on W47 or W49, but not much, if at all, on other servers.

And realistically, the change is a significant one on two worlds, and maybe a deterrent to some others, but no influence otherwise. The impact is like a severe storm. It will rip through part of a community and leave the rest not to care (unless they are connected to each other).

Unless TW does something stupid like start removing Churches and steadily scaling TW back to what it was in the beginning, I hardly see a 'mass server-wide' exodus.

Rudegar

i know, my point is we are very loyal customers and consumers, and the decisions being made are evidently from a programming perspective, rather than from a PR business perspective. Many gamers see themselves as vicarious stakeholders rather than just consumers. The effect of making such changes to, in tha face of such loyal customership is far more detremental to a companys image amongst its customer than if the customers were not so loyal, did not subscribe so passionatly and did not feel such a sense of belonging

DeletedUser

this decision is made by innogames... No "campworld" will "survive". This is a bad decision made by the mods you can't do this to your customers.
I'm going to complain at the German forums as well and I'll write a letter to Innogames.

arabela

It is with great sorrow that I say this, but if the Army camp function is removed from W47. I will be setting my account for deletion. I joined W47 for Army camps and to remove this 10 months into a world is not acceptable to me.

Jay.

Finally, i'll quit tw!!!! YES!!! If you quit, i can finally say goodbye to this game, because i stayed here only to be with you. I know it sounds stupid, but i didn't quit w47 only because you were there. He he....it sounds like "hey guys, if you remove those army camps and jay quits, i'll quit, too..." but is not a blackmail.

I don't like that the idea of army camps, but if there are some players who loves this, i don't see why not let this option for them? or at least, make a poll before make this decision like jay said. They payed for it....let it there...

jayjayjay68

If I am not mistaken. The German Server are not getting army camps taken away from them and they are on Version 6.0. Please correct me if this is not accurate.

Tracey

If I am not mistaken. The German Server are not getting army camps taken away from them and they are on Version 6.0. Please correct me if this is not accurate.

Your incorrect they are being removed from the German server also

DeletedUser

Very bad move in my opinion, TW went through so much effort to make it. Its like removing archers from the game, its silly.

As the former rank 1 on the army camp world on the UK server, I can assure you they are vitally important aspects of the gameplay on that world, and it would severely damage activity and operations there.

This is a poor move by TribalWars, and I urge them to consider. You stand to lose nothing by keeping them; those players that do not want to play with army camps can wait for a world without them. Whereas not implementing army camps from time to time will push away players who happen to like them.

Social Disorder

Whats the point in deleting? I'm pretty sure that we use this in every OP on W47.
You will lose some of the bigger players if you delete (not threating)
Also, you can't think camps would be used in the very early stage of worlds.. It's now when the camps are starting to get used:S

DeletedUser

Morthy said:
We hope you had fun with Army Camps while they were in the game. We're working on some new and exciting changes that we hope to bring you more news on as soon as possible.
Morthy said:
Some of the implementation details were poorly thought out, and even when disabled, the presence of the camps in the code has a fairly negative affect on game performance.

shut up and let them do their jobs, which they went to school for....which they are now good at.

@Morthy
hey thanks for ignoring my email man...much love

DeletedUser57960

W47 - Check.Raise
Premium User
I will delete if Army Camps are removed from W47.

DeletedUser

Unless you play W47 and use the camps, you really have no right to comment on whether they are useful or not.

Didn't I just tell you I was on W47? Maybe you missed that part. W47 is not the only world I've been on that used army camps either.

power89

if you bring down the points, then maybe they will be used more.

Im not a fan of them as I never understood them well, but we were at a massive advantage as we used them often, i just never really got involved with them, but that was before I quit 47

Last edited:

DeletedUser

questionable call

I find the choice to cancel the army camps without discussion in the community that uses them a gross misconduct. What I find almost disturbing is the attempt to silent the players voices on world 47. We as a community of players have banned together to voice our opposition to this action. There were several threads active and being posted on, they were closed, I understand they should not be a millon open threads about one topic, but when there is this much controversy to justify closing an active thread (petition) were clearly our voices are being herd is again an outrage. Like many others that pay for this game i find it shocking that this choice has been made for us!

I voice my displeasure for this in the best way I can stop using the service that is provided.

I think the choice to eliminate army camps is a bad idea! from a coding point of view, we pay alot of money to TW to have problems like this solved, not games altered in the middle.....

Freeman Marsh
Duke O T.E.C

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The man said they have some server problems caused by the Army Camps...whats so hard to accept its not working this way?
The "not so used" was a bad choice as reason to be mentioned.
Im sure if the problem is solved they will bring Army Camps back when ready.
Get over it and delete or play those worlds.

dalesmckay

The man said they have some server problems caused by the Army Camps...whats so hard to accept its not working this way?
The "not so used" was a bad choice as reason to be mentioned.
Im sure if the problem is solved they will bring Army Camps back when ready.
Get over it and delete or play those worlds.

The army camps have been active for a few months, yet they are only now having server problems?
What exactly are these server problems?

I am extremely embarrassed for the developers for having such a poorly designed system
Looks like they need to go and learn some basic software engineering principles.

DeletedUser

Its a very bad move by TribalWars
Most of us that joined w47,joined because of the army camps...and now this decission has been made.

I like this game but thier removal is not acceptable to me,I dont want to waste my time in game where things will be changed in mid game regardless of players opinion...after all,we are paying custumers...so our opinion should metter.

Oh,just noticed that petition is closed by mods...cant believe it tbh.

Morthy with all do respect but this is starting to be really stupid...so if petitions are going to be closed and if no metter what we said cant change anything...than plz say so that we all stop to waste our time.

DeletedUser

Morthy im realy disapointed in this decision. Camps have been great fun and i now i speak for the majority of uruz when i say they have been very very useful and on top of that greet fun. tribalwars with out them, for me isnt worth playing anymore. They vastly improved it and brought a new edge to the game. going back wards will be to boring for me, and im sure many others.

On looking at this threat its apparent ure reasons for deleting the camps is not relavent.

Sadly the implementation has not been used as much as we would have hoped and did not influence game play as much as we desired.

This thread says the complete opisite to youre statment. but if you stick by this can we see the proof of this? Im sure much others would also like to see it!

It is with regret that we announce we have decided to deactivate Army Camps and in the future will completely remove them from the game.

And this suggestes to me why they are realy being removed! you say it with regret? sorry to pick on this but this sounds like you dont wish for this to happen? And it may be above youre control?

The only reason that makes any sense for this move, to me is with money. Is this new feature costing to much? or causing to much of a head ache? is there unsuffient funds to continue with armycamps?

i would appreciate it if i could get some answers to my questions please.

Status
Not open for further replies.