Removal of army camps

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser656

Lol, i doubt.
Someone said earlier that the army camps being removed is the first feature ever removed like this.
I want to point out that it's untrue.

You are all forgetting the initial churches and priests.

As far as I'm aware there were no worlds using priests and the initial church when they were removed, so it's not quite like this.

DeletedUser33250

I don't recall addressing any one person in particular, I was simply listing the common arguments against the camps and why these arguments were irrellevant for the most part... :icon_rolleyes:

In that case I apologise, as it was almost directly after my original post, one could only assume that since my post consisted of the point you made, your post was in retort of mine. :icon_redface:

Last edited:

DeletedUser

We did.

No, it's impossible to replicate the levels of activity of a busy world on our staging worlds, why is why we started the public beta after we discovered the problems with 6.0.

So why was it only discovered in mid-October rather than around July or so?

Lol, i doubt.
Someone said earlier that the army camps being removed is the first feature ever removed like this.
I want to point out that it's untrue.

You are all forgetting the initial churches and priests.

As Morthy said, they were never removed, the idea was scrapped and never to be seen again.

But on the note of that, will Army Camps ever come back in a revised/improved/not-so-laggy version?

DeletedUser

And now I have tried to set up a petition, so I can take this to innogames and all was going well until the mods seem it fitting to close this.

This just gets better and better, as a PAYING customer I demand the right to complain. If you bought something and it stopped working, dont you have the right to complain to the store you bought it from.

All I was trying to do, was use the W47 forum to make a petition. Then when all of the paying customers that play W47 could sign said petition. And I could email innogames from my personal email and try to but a stop to something so unjust.

Now you have taken this away aswell. All this does is alienate the players that keep this game alive. Thanks a lot TW.

Jay

As I told you in the message that closed the thread. I would seek an elder to see if the thread was legal or not since their is allready a discussion thread. In no way was I trying to 'shut you up'

Charmander

post_new.gif
#8 Today, 19:20 Top
Stop making these threads I explained I would re-open the other thread when the time comes.

The next one to be made will earn the started an infract or two.

Psyduck is <3ed by this Charmander!
Spoiler:

this keeps getting better and better!

This is taken out of context as that was the third thread on the matter which actually violates a couple rules. Also it was made after I explained to all of W47 about seeking an elder.
Guys,
The forum thread for the petition is now reopened so W47 can sign up again ;-)

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=217358

Told you, all you had to do was wait.

DeletedUser

deleting if army camps are taken away

Im afraid you are not the only one, and those worlds are already so inactive :S:icon_cry:

as for me will delete and will not reinvest one penny nor a minute off my time in the game thyre is mass off rpg games on the net
TW doesent own the net so if the army camps are delted withut a vote or a consultation off us wich ARE the owners in a way cause we play it and most off us PAY for it so if we are trash to the ees off this company i will not put another penny in theyre vault

i put over 1000 $ in this game since i started over the yrs and with regret if i have to i will stop sending money

so if we cant have a fair company then why would we bust our balls to pay if they cant bust theyres to fix a code that is buging

second if this company is going to become a second microsft then why should we bother to invest time or money

yes i say another microsoft cause its a company that puts a product on the market cause they cant wait to fix the bugs as microsoft would do put on hte market and then fix it

so if youre going to be halfway companys why should we stay with you guys

DeletedUser

we in The Netherlands starts voting:
1, don't remove army camps. 85,6%
2, jea, remove the army camps. 13,3%
3, don't matter. 1,1%

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

to all those concerned with this course of actions, please see the message I have sent below. If you share my concerns, register your own complaint and encourage others (even those outside your tribes) to do the same.

From what i understand, camps are a relatively new feature that people are only just getting to grips with, so their removal is premature.

Also, I think once determined, a world should be allowed to play itself out, not be tinkered with. But that's me.

Dear TribalWars team,

I was most annoyed and disappointed by your (seemingly arbitrary) decision to remove army camps from world 47.

Army camps are a feature if not unique, certainly uncommon and a reason for many people to have chosen this world.

To remove an uncommon feature such as this during the playing of the game is not only unfair, but underhand. It undermines one's faith in the process set out by the management team.

It also makes a mockery of the consultation you undertake before creating a new world. Surely, if you have determined a world should have camps, then that world should have them until such time as that world is closed down.

I would appreciate a prompt and detailed response as to why camps have been removed from W47 and not other worlds.

This has already caused widespread consternation and I shall recommend others register their complaints with you.

After all, what should we expect next? That light cavalry should move at noble speed and rams at the speed of scouts?

And how do you propose to recompense all those who have been steadily building their store of gold coins to be able to build army camps? You're effectively telling us that all our work and preparation does not matter.

Have you considered that their use is dependent upon the development of well established and well coordinated tribes which now seem to be flourishing on W47?

Well, unless you don't getting paid for the access you provide to premium functinality, then I should continue to make high and mighty decisions to the detriment of your customers. I would have thought that even to a simpleton that such a course of action is folly.

I look forward to your response.

PSAF

DeletedUser

I'm against the removal ...

I think we should be consulted and have the right to vote on this ...

The army camps will become more and more used with time ... its a question of war scale ...

I can already imagine big front line with tones of army camp ... and on personal basis, it give you the opportunity to easily start a migration when you get surrounded by allies ...

Give it some time ...

You're absolutely right.

DeletedUser

With you there, ninmage. It's not the fact they might be removed so much as the interference WITHOUT CONSULTATION.

DeletedUser

Here is another bonehead move by whoever controls tribalwars.

A large part of why people play the worlds they do is due to the settings. Army camps on w49 make me want to play that world, if they world never had them to start with, I would not have invested my time and money there. You choose to make w47 and w49 as army camp worlds, I expect it to stay that way til the world ends, as people have said here already.

For me to pay money for this game, then halfway through my payment you take out a big part of what I payed for...it seems almost criminal.
TW management has done things to discourage me from this game in the past, and now if they mess with my world settings after I've played that world and invested money for months, I will quit this game forever.

I have one question, why? Why are you removing the camps? Even if they have not been used to YOUR standards...what do u gain by removing them? Money?

DeletedUser

It seems I'm late to the party.

This a poor decision by the tribalwars staff. The army camps added another strategic dimension to the game. Rather than the same, continuous, mundane task of sending hundreds of nukes at the enemies stacked frontlines it gave you the ability to hit less fortified villages in the middle of their cluster and to cause panic and to weaken your enemy from the inside out. Now, everyone has to go back to these same mundane tasks. Don't be surprised if you see more stalemates because of the removal of this feature.

Bad move tribalwars.

DeletedUser57960

W47.net Why are they changing the game settings ?
I think it is unfair. Can I get a refund for 9 months Prem please. ? I will not charge for the wasted time I put into this world.

-disappointed Beve
:icon_sad:

DeletedUser91091

OK, as a developer i understand the issue with server performance and sometimes not all bug can be find in the private testing otherwise bug/fixes and updates would never be need all we would see is new features and enhancements which is awesome but unrealistic. I read early from a post that all servers run the same code with only a config settings that alters a few things if thats the case i haven't seen any performance issues on any world that doesnt use Army camps. I currently dont have the time to play more worlds do to RL so i havent gotten the chance to play with army camps sadly and may never get to.

All i would like to know is what are the details to this vague response of 'Server Performance issues'??
Are you guys just temporarily removed AC until you fix the underlying code?

DeletedUser

It was a difficult decision we made.

But remember:

We work hard for you. Be sure you will love everything we prepare!:icon_biggrin:

Only until you take it away again.

Just do as the consumer wants, its clear everyone wants them to stay. Perhaps if your INNOGAMES chums respected that our opinion is of the highest value compared to their own deluded ones, then we'd respect them for respecting us FIRST. Why don't you prepare your content based on what people want? Is that difficult???

Respect your consumers; reinstate the camps. INNOGAMES have constantly been pathetic with their customer service and I'm quitting as a result from the pathetic mentality of these idiots who think they have the intelligence to know what is right for this game more so than the players who play it.

We pay, we say.

And just FYI, your TnC doesn't apply to me when I stop playing, so enjoy your loss of business. Hopefully at the rate INNOGAMES are going, enough players will leave to make the useless company go into the red.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

They made them.
Im sure they are entitled to take the toys from others Adel :)

DeletedUser

post_new.gif
#8 Today, 19:20 Top
Stop making these threads I explained I would re-open the other thread when the time comes.

The next one to be made will earn the started an infract or two.

Psyduck is <3ed by this Charmander!
Spoiler:

this keeps getting better and better!

This is taken out of context as that was the third thread on the matter which actually violates a couple rules. Also it was made after I explained to all of W47 about seeking an elder.

This was not taken out of context this is a direct quote from yourself, What does it say to me, and others.." i am very self important, i can beat my chest louder than you, you will shut up and stop with the threads or I have the power to shut you up.

that's how it read to most of us!
what was the point of shutting the thread? the power to do so.....who care's if people rant about a poor decision made in haste.

I get that your job is tuff, i have no doubt about that, but put yourself in our shoes for a minute, this was dropped on us like a Boom shell! they only way we have to express our outrage is through forums. I think you came across as a bully, which I don't think was your intent I think a better explanation on your part would have been appropriate.

all in all still disappointing with the decision but understand your only the delivery tool for the message.

cheers

DeletedUser656

All i would like to know is what are the details to this vague response of 'Server Performance issues'??
Are you guys just temporarily removed AC until you fix the underlying code?

No, the army camps were poorly implemented. They are being (in fact, already have been) completely removed from the code in the next version.

DeletedUser91091

No, the army camps were poorly implemented. They are being (in fact, already have been) completely removed from the code in the next version.

Well if it impacts the server/gameplay im all for removing them but since they were poorly implemented i hope you guys are looking at putting them back but this time with better coding/implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.