Guide for new players: How to be a newb and not a noob

DeletedUser64969

awww why tell them what to do its funny when there 5k points with 500sword :D

DeletedUser

When in doubt, troops! is the best. Rely on that plenty of times.

DeletedUser

I miss one thing! --> How to restart.

It could be very usefull for the wannebe-newbs :D

DeletedUser19130

I have got a little dilemna. This probably isn't the best place to post it, but... yeah.
My current account, as you can probably see is london lord. Is it worth making a whole new account, as people will straight away know I am from London, and therefore have an advantage when sending attacks against me?
Sorry for posting this in probably the wrong area again.. :/

Lol, well you could have really gotten around it possibly... but now you've just blabbed it to the player's that actually count... The external forum users :icon_biggrin:

Don't worry though, when you do restart I'll be sure to send your villas plenty of :scout:, then :lightcavalry:... Umm... What's your coords again? Just want to make sure your villagers don't get lonely is all.

DeletedUser

8. Be all that you can be. Sorry if it sounds trite to quote an old US Army motto. But noob tribes often neglect individual ability thinking that working together is enough by itself. Teamwork is important, very important as a matter of fact. But a team of very good players working together will always defeat a team of so-so players working together. You will never become a better player if you don't strive to be a better player.

Sound Advice. Very well thought out.

How many of us wished that this sort of thing was out there when we first had a go?

DeletedUser

I got very, very lucky on my first world. This is my second. We'll see how lucky I get.

DeletedUser

Ah, I see. So I should have just went with my instincts and built up my army from the get go to farm rather than what the dude in the tutorial said about bulding up the lumber mill. Ah well, there's always next time I guess.

DeletedUser

I joined today and this should really come in handy. Thanks for taking the time to write this, its worth it for us newbs :)

DeletedUser

Well, I've finally nobled a nearly abandoned village (more likely the player just abandoned the world). My problem is all my troops are in this new trashy village and I can't access them. Good Godly Grief!! I guess I need to do some reading. I'm building a statue and barracks hoping I can move them out but ATM I don't know what to do.

I've just discovered Hellgate London so I might rarely be on but to move maybe once or twice a day. I would rate this as a good casual game to play when work was slow and I had time. I guess I'm just not that into slow near PBM-like games. (though PBM was usually a single move or 2 per week waiting for results. PBEM was faster and PBP (play by post) was even faster. This is vastly superior to any of those. I'm just wondering what the heck people do in between moves?

DeletedUser

Ah, nvm; I figured out how to withdraw my troops. Duh. I should have figured that out right off the bat. I guess I'm not going to win any gaming awards except maybe Noob Lightweights Award.

DeletedUser

I'm just wondering what the heck people do in between moves?
Lol, basically it boils down to

- Farming
- Trolling externals
Glad you figured out your problem with withdrawing those troops ;) Don't hesitate to ask if you need clarification with anything else - most people, I'm sure, would be happy to assist.

DeletedUser

Yeah it was pretty funny. I was kind of panicked in the sense that wow, I have troops and now their just sitting around like guards... what a waste. Then I found the option to recall them back and felt uber newbish.