W10 POKE Discussion

DeletedUser

This is a discussion that broke out on another premade tribe's thread (here). One group of people believed that their name should not be re-used and thus this debate was started. I have cut off these posts from the original thread and moved them here because they were offtopic there. Feel free to continue debating this issue here.

Regards,
FrailBeauty

----------------------
Go away. POKE is ours!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3452

You really haven't heard of World 10 POKE? Well that is quite gay.

DeletedUser

nope i have and i dont intend to change cos theirs a tribe called poke

DeletedUser

You really haven't heard of World 10 POKE? Well that is quite gay.

look their is no need to get in an argument over all this i have done some research and the results show their in 1 tribe called poke in the entire tribal wars worlds and thats w54 poke link here look

if you are referring to me as your co player who messed up DiabloISR than you are kidding yourself. As with all the other 20 accounts you have taken over Jamie you just dump the account on to your "co player". AKA you give it up. Even when you weren't on holliday you did nothing. I grew 200k points in 3 days with all the nobles sitting around.

You live in this section of Premades/Co Players/NewOwners

Best of luck for this premade....You'll probably end up quitting the first day

he might have might not have meant you

I do, and because of that and other things, me, Shiny Scizor, will not join this abomination of a premade! :lol:

if you had no interest in joining why post then

but people their is no need to get so worked up about this just all get along

DeletedUser3452

InFamous, you are possibly the cutest thing ever. Ordinarily anyone going for the 'everyone calm down' approach would piss me off, but you manage to come across with the innocence of a 10 year old. I'd offer you sweets but I think that'd make me a paedophile. So I won't.

POKE is dead now, at least as an actual in game tribe (a sample of the community is still going strong externally), but its memory clearly lives on. It seems a shame not to create something original for yourselves, rather than using an unoriginal theme which is bound to draw criticism and not have you recognised for your merits. Before the world has even begun you've already been described as an "abomination". Something to consider.

DeletedUser

InFamous, you are possibly the cutest thing ever. Ordinarily anyone going for the 'everyone calm down' approach would piss me off, but you manage to come across with the innocence of a 10 year old. I'd offer you sweets but I think that'd make me a paedophile. So I won't.

POKE is dead now, at least as an actual in game tribe (a sample of the community is still going strong externally), but its memory clearly lives on. It seems a shame not to create something original for yourselves, rather than using an unoriginal theme which is bound to draw criticism and not have you recognised for your merits. Before the world has even begun you've already been described as an "abomination". Something to consider.

This really bothers you? Wow, I almost pity you..

DeletedUser

Woah this isn't a thread to highllight your excellent and most highly'poke' tribe in W10. Its a pre-mades section not an ego section for people to post shit everywhere.

If you want to join or need any information, message or post and say so. If not. Don't click

Ashmodai

Oh my what a touchy mod.

Agreed.

Also, as an upstanding member of this community, and a representative of its governing body, isn't it such a mods duty to promote originality and creativity? Rather than just helping people rehash an idea that has been done very well previously?

As a sidenote, if you missed W10 Poke, do a forum search for that tag, twstats is not your only research tool :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Oh my what a touchy mod.

Agreed.

Also, as an upstanding member of this community, and a representative of its governing body, isn't it such a mods duty to promote originality and creativity? Rather than just helping people rehash an idea that has been done very well previously?

As a sidenote, if you missed W10 Poke, do a forum search for that tag, twstats is not your only research tool :icon_rolleyes:

look i don't give a crap about your poke pre made for w10 or what ever all i no is i don't want your spamming my thread now leave it alone and go spam some others cos im seriously starting to get annoyed with you lot now

DeletedUser36027

I support the changing of this tribe's name.
I was not a member of POKE (IBAN was better anyway)

But I do respect them (<3 Hellz)

Hence, please change your tribal name or you might find yourself without a village fairly fast after this world starts.

Gargoylenite

weird how a name can cause so much trouble..especially such a common one. Pokemon has been around for quite some time now, and with that you have seen many things pop up involving it. Sure you had a tribe on w10 with it, but that doesn't make it your name. Last time I checked, non of us work for the creators of pokemon nor are we with nintendo, so none of us really own the name. If you don't like the name, a simple one post explanation is ok. Why people insist on going on for hours about something is beyond me. Especially in a case where your arguing over one of the most common themes in the world. I understand you guys are upset, but instead of making this a hate-thread, why not be useful and think of a suitable name that you would prefer the tribe goes by. That way we don't offend you by taking your name, and we keep the theme.

On a tribal note-

Stitch I think we should use themed names. At least, if you start out in the premade. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside knowing that we all will be named after our favorite pokemon :icon_redface:. It is pretty clear what my name will be already hehe :icon_rolleyes:

.Rapidash.

weird how a name can cause so much trouble..especially such a common one. Pokemon has been around for quite some time now, and with that you have seen many things pop up involving it. Sure you had a tribe on w10 with it, but that doesn't make it your name. Last time I checked, non of us work for the creators of pokemon nor are we with nintendo, so none of us really own the name. If you don't like the name, a simple one post explanation is ok. Why people insist on going on for hours about something is beyond me. Especially in a case where your arguing over one of the most common themes in the world. I understand you guys are upset, but instead of making this a hate-thread, why not be useful and think of a suitable name that you would prefer the tribe goes by. That way we don't offend you by taking your name, and we keep the theme.

So this was essentially a complaint about being long-winded? Ironic...

Anyway, regardless of the prevalence of a poke theme (which, contrary to your statement, I believe has NOT been very widely used, if at all, in this game) the generally dismissive and insulting manner in which people responded to Hellz' initial comment in this thread has, to be blunt, pissed us off.