The Church

DeletedUser

the admin was wrong (bet he hasn't played church worlds), it was likely a morale issue

DeletedUser

i stand corrected. It was the bad luck combined with the bonfire on defense.

DeletedUser80975

thats what i thought originally. im not sure if barbs have churches sooo

in a non religious situation he lost about 400 axe
in a religious situation he lost 2500

as you can see nowhere near the losses he experienced

slates9

Well like you said simulator showed up that all his troops (or almost all) would die. The simulator includes paladin with Aletheia's Bonfire.

6rmum8.png

Like Badlapje said, he lost that many because of the bad luck, and he obviously had Aletheia's Bonfire. Otherwise he wouldn't have killed so many.

Ignore what the mod said, (no offense to any mod that reads this) He's obviously never played on a church world, and to clarify, the Religion of an attacking army depends ONLY on the village being launched from.

DeletedUser80975

now i feel like an idiot. i forgot to type in the lvl 20 wall. well thanks for helping me figure this out, i feel like such a noob

DeletedUser

I have a question, if you have a player within your church radius that you are supporting AND he doesn't have a church, do your defensive troops fight at 100% or 50%?

DeletedUser

You are not covering other players with ur church so answer is NO.
Village-->Owner-->If church --> troups are religious...
If was 1 church for all tribesmates was funny.
Same apply to smity reserch levels in packet worlds...
If you have defence research at level 3 and send in offence village with level 1 at all defence troups.
Your troups will die fighting at level 1 reserch.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Pity, kinda spoils a plan I was thinking about. Back to the drawing board :)

DeletedUser92847

k, so i'm hearing from some of my tribe members, that if a village is within two of your church radii, then it gains 2x the belief strength. I read the prior post saying that it doesn't gain 2x, but this dude is saying that it does. I really want to know the answer to this so i can plan my churches accordingly.

DeletedUser92190

k, so i'm hearing from some of my tribe members, that if a village is within two of your church radii, then it gains 2x the belief strength. I read the prior post saying that it doesn't gain 2x, but this dude is saying that it does. I really want to know the answer to this so i can plan my churches accordingly.

He's wrong. Any village with belief above 1 is redundant.

Layering churches does not benefit you. It does the opposite. You waste farm space that could be used for troops.

DeletedUser

Layering churches in hot battle zones is however, tactically viable.

That said I would suggest always keeping your first church handy for very fast deployment of a church instead of overlapping because as Get Rammed stated, churches cost a lot of population so a qcuik, ready to deploy first church costing only a few population is a sounder tactic.

DeletedUser

the only problem you cant demolish the first church so redeploying it will take some time

DeletedUser

the only way is to noble out the village that your first church is in. Then you have the luxury of moving where you wish. Especially useful when moving into enemy territory, where the first church only takes 5 min to build i believe

DeletedUser92847

so why would the programmers of this game have a belief stength then? Are you saying that the makers of this game created belief levels for no reason?

DeletedUser

Belief strength is how many churches cover that village sunfisher.

Belief strength = 0 (No covering churches)

This means all troops defending this village or attacking from this village fight at 50% of their relative defence or offence strength.

Belief strength 1 or higher means the village is in range of 1 or more churches and fight as normal.

More than one church (belief 2 or higher) simply means that when someone like me attacks you and conquers or destroys one of your churches, if that village is covered by another church your defence and offence still carry on fighting as normal. But if I kill your church it simply means that all troops there get -50%.

This is especially useful for killing large stacks. If you kill the enemy church and he has 50k/50/50k stacked it will take you only half the nukes as normal to clear it, maybe less.

Its takes 600 cats to kill a level 3 church.

You can free up your first church by nobling the city it is in. Simply send your troops away - nobling your own city will not kill troops there or remove them from the front lines. Anyone who doesn't do this has 1 nooby notch on their belt and is at a serious disadvantage in war against someone who does have the first church ready to be deployed.

DeletedUser57960

the only way is to noble out the village that your first church is in. Then you have the luxury of moving where you wish. Especially useful when moving into enemy territory, where the first church only takes 5 min to build i believe

Does this trick still work without losing the troops based in your First Church village?

DeletedUser57960

You can free up your first church by nobling the city it is in. Simply send your troops away - nobling your own city will not kill troops there or remove them from the front lines. Anyone who doesn't do this has 1 nooby notch on their belt and is at a serious disadvantage in war against someone who does have the first church ready to be deployed.

I really should read everything first, before posting :icon_redface:

DeletedUser79042

As this world is getting older and older every other day and more and more pilots are taking over accounts to play, I feel I have to point out that this is a CHURCHED world!

A church is needed ... bla bla bla...

I suggest some leaders TEACH those new players something about the church system. But hey, there are some others who are not new to this world and still have no clue what a church is...

Pity. :icon_biggrin: