New World 37 Blogger!

• Thread starter NottinghamForestFan
  • Start date

DeletedUser

The next blog is here!

Resisting Insanity

Next week's blog will be about what players think about world 37. If you are interested in having your opinion in this blog then please get in touch. Thank you :)

DeletedUser

Did I miss the part where Amish had input into the blog ?

Nah, you missed nothing, because isn´t there the whole stuff Amish took the time to tell to our awesome blogger. This blog is all NottinghamForestFan personal view, plus meridius1 interview.

Not worthy comment this blog, but one little correction in respect for meri.

"I spoke with ‘meridius1’, the duke of ‘Arisen’, and this is how he feels:"

meri is a female.

DeletedUser

I find that blog worthless if not for the pretty charts, then I wouldn't have even read thru it. :( Besides, everyone knows that RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! :)

DeletedUser

Did I miss the part where Amish had input into the blog ?

I agree, I thought it was just me who missed it.

How can someone who is on this world be a blogger about the world, clearly this person will be bias even if they try not to be. But that's just my personal view I don't know what others think.

DeletedUser

I think it was a good read, however, I can see why 1ns4n3 members would be disappointed as, it's just one side of the story - basically.

To Matt's defense, I'm not really a "one liner" type of guy :D ; not everything I talked about fit in with his theme, however, there was a lot of things I talked about that I think some might enjoy; I'd hate to spend so much time on it and have no one read it. Matt, I'll leave it up to you, whether or not you want to add it to your blog or not, but thanks for listening to what I had to say.

Below is the interview. I made some edits to make it an easier read (typos and clarity). Maybe somebody will enjoy it:

[spoil]AmishGangsta:I think that is one of the biggest misconceptions about 1ns4n3, that we are a bunch of bullies and that the people here aren't genuine. It's inevitable being the #1 tribe for as long as we have, people automatically label you as cocky - based on your rank alone, but I tell yah', we wouldn't have made it this far, without good people. A leader is only as a good as the people he surrounds himself with.

Matt: Hehe
Matt: People don't usually like the best if they're not with them

AmishGangsta: I think many people would be suprised at how humble we actually are, and how much time we put into the decisions we make. Our tribe name is 1ns4n3, but I'd sayto describe us in a nutshell we are, cautious, paranoid and put a lot of time into the decisions we make.
Matt: Called jealousy :D
Matt: Well you seem to be very organized
Merrick2: we´re seriously paranoid that´s for sure :D

AmishGangsta: pnp is very important
AmishGangsta: we always had something interesting to say
AmishGangsta: It was just never something we had to rely on
Matt: Pnp = externals right
AmishGangsta: we wouldn't be where we are without establishing a good rep early on, and that came from making good choices.
AmishGangsta: pnp ultimately effects diplomacy and recruitment
AmishGangsta: two of our strengths
AmishGangsta: yes pnp ='s externals

Matt: I am going to be doing my blog this week on the northern battles you are in
Matt: With the tribes like arisen and hed
AmishGangsta: sure, ask away
Matt: Well its about the resistive forces to you in the north
Matt: So, like who ya fighting up there?
Matt: I know arisen
Matt: And like how well are you battering em :D

AmishGangsta: current events is simple, we are right and they are wrong j/k :D

AmishGangsta: In regards to Arisen, I've always felt the defender has the advantage in this game. You can play this game to "survive", and hope to outlast the tribe attacking you. The question is, can you survive long enough that someone could possibly come along and throw you a life-preserver, or is it too late for that?

I mean, you see it all the time. When I was playing w36, everyone and their mother attacked a tribe I was a leader in called Wuke. Each tribe took turns warring them, but Wuke would simply outlast tribes; survive long enough until the world's politics changed or the tribes attacking them fell apart. We also saw something similar here in w37 with NERD remember? With NERD being hit by a giant coalition - PSP, however, they survived it and eventually w37 changed, and suddenly they were on the aggressive side of the war.

The later portion of this game (late game) is about dedication and endurance. Now, is Arisen that tribe? ; Do you think 1ns4n3 is a tribe that will simply roll over when faced with a challenge or fall to inactivity? Those are really good questions right there.

[As to why, we are warring Arisen]

AmishGangsta: We'd long been irritated at the fact that, while we were fighting major wars/major battles, and some of our members were falling and turning into graveyards of barbs, they were jumping on them like they were going out of style. It is what it is, however, this was creating conflict between the two tribes.

AmishGangsta: Despite that, we tried to work with them for a short bit - as I do have friends over there (and have a lot of respect for meri as a leader), and we wanted our members focused on ascend.

AmishGangsta: However, it got to the point where we just felt the relationship wasn't working out, and leaders on both sides were getting irritated. The final straw came when I kicked someone for being inactive, and the minute I did, they were wanting me to GIVE them this players villages because he had attacked them in the past. To me, just the thought alone was a reason to drop the NAP, and I think it was proof that there was some damage there that was simply unrepairable. - from past wars (some of their members were players we attacked in other tribes - ie R.khan).

[As to why, we are warring Hed]

AmishGangsta: As to Hed, a lot of those guys joined us from RL. It's a long dramatic story that I really don't want to get into as, some of the people involved don't really want people airing their dirty laundry. I'll just say some very dramatic events occurred - that weren't typical problems you deal with (or should have to deal with) while playing a game.

AmishGangsta: However, I will say the members that joined Hed, were new 1ns4n3 recruits that we didn't feel were making decisions that benefited our tribe.

AmishGangsta: We've gotten this far by noticing the problem players early, ridding our tribe of the team cancers, and keeping the drama/conflict to a minimum. You can't function as a tribe if you have people constantly fighting with each other, it was one step forward, three steps back. We had to move on without some people as, they weren't worth the giant messes they were creating.

AmishGangsta: A player really isn't worth the hassle if he's not fititng in with the team or is simply unmanageable - no matter how many villages/points he or she has, you are better off in the long run letting those players go.

AmishGangsta: Fight together or die alone - that's always been my motto; that's now what some "individuals" are dealing with, right now.

Matt: cheers mate!
Matt: big help![/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I do not see how i was biased. I feel I complemented both sides and felt i tilted more towards the insane side and lets face it the stats tell the story themselves! HUGE apologies to meri though!

DeletedUser

I really enjoyed the interview from your side Amish, it is very well articulated... But I would like to ask about those tribes in the north that are not fighting insanity and what insane has planned for them. Just pm me or reply here if you wish. I would enjoy the conversation, I always do...

Ps, I'm waiting on that answer...

DeletedUser

And Matt, I actually did enjoy your reading. I did not find it super biased for one side or the other really, at parts it went one way and others the other way. But as a whole, very factual. I think you should have added the interview with Amish though...

DeletedUser

I do not see how i was biased. I feel I complemented both sides and felt i tilted more towards the insane side and lets face it the stats tell the story themselves! HUGE apologies to meri though!

Its fine you are not the first and wont be the last to change my sex.

Amish I also enjoyed reading your take on things.

DeletedUser

Well, as I have explained to others this blog was about the resistance to insane (kinda in the title!), thats why there is more of an arisen perspective

Look at the first line: "This week I am exploring the resistance to ‘1ns4n3’ in the northern parts of World 37."

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Good point Matt. Sorta a reason for bias, it wouldn't be resistance if it weren't, I guess.

chivalrous knight

The next blog is here!

Resisting Insanity

Next week's blog will be about what players think about world 37. If you are interested in having your opinion in this blog then please get in touch. Thank you :)

Well..I am a Manchester United Fan :pP

Resisting Insane in W37 at the moment is like the English Premier League trying to resist the reign of Manchester United..

Well, along the way Man. Utd met lots of resistance and lots of hatred from the league, much like Insane did here, and lots of people are wondering why Man. Utd rule supreme when Utd is such a noobish club full of Busby babes and Fergie's Birdies..

Man Utd had their share of disloyal superstar such as Tevez and C.Ronaldo, just like Insane had their share of traitor;-)

In the end, lots of people predict the Fall of Man. Utd....from the resistance in the form of Arsenal. Liverpool, Man. City and Chelsea, and most predict that Utd are doom soon, but again and again Man Utd resist the resistance and hold on to the throne..

So i believe Insane will hold on the throne in W37 just like Manchester United will;-)

DeletedUser

An interesting view lol but perhaps Arisen could do a 'wolves' and defeat the top tribe ;)

DeletedUser

I am talking with Amish and Merrick. I am trying to do a blog devoted to each of the top four tribes. The first week will be about 1ns4n3 if all goes to plan :)

chivalrous knight

An interesting view lol but perhaps Arisen could do a 'wolves' and defeat the top tribe ;)

LOL... I got no problem with that, occasionally Man. Utd. must let go on some match, else the premier league will become like..*cough* spanish la Liga where no one else care since it is not even competitive:p

Insane may lose some villages like Man Utd. lose some matches so that our competitors are still willing to stay the world for a fight;-)

DeletedUser

I am talking with Amish and Merrick. I am trying to do a blog devoted to each of the top four tribes. The first week will be about 1ns4n3 if all goes to plan :)

Your not allowed to interview ad! We don't want you to know anything about us.