Why do you make sigs?

mattoematt

Not really, I rather asked him because I posted something similar on co.uk alongwith an ontopic post and I got infracted for it. No wonder that forum is dead :icon_neutral:
And never say never? bieber? LOL. Nice one.

Looks like alot of people do it for killing time. Not too many 'artsy' peeps here hmm...

I'm banned there. Again. At least it's not permanent again but I'm not returning any time soon as I've quit TW and .UK is still a very... immature forum.

I may start taking up GFX again a bit more, hopefully.

DeletedUser

Originally I started because I wanted to make my own CoA, then once I got more into the game I joined the externals and saw these things called signatures. After seeing them I was captivated and found making them rather fun...
As I continued to make them, I grew to enjoy doing so. I think its because I like having something to show after my time has been consumed making this small piece of art.
Its a running trend in my life really, I only do something if I feel I get rewarded for doing so, hence I don't play video games really as I have nothing to show for it. Where as when I play the guitar or when I create a piece of art I have a small sense of self achievement which makes it worthwhile for me.

DeletedUser

My middle school was art-oriented. 9 years of art that is. I now learn IT. Kinda logical result to be into digital design. Anyhow.. I do tags cause I truly think I'll become a professional artist one day, till that each tag is a way of improvement, progress.

DeletedUser63403

Originally I started because I wanted to make my own CoA, then once I got more into the game I joined the externals and saw these things called signatures. After seeing them I was captivated and found making them rather fun...
As I continued to make them, I grew to enjoy doing so. I think its because I like having something to show after my time has been consumed making this small piece of art.
Its a running trend in my life really, I only do something if I feel I get rewarded for doing so, hence I don't play video games really as I have nothing to show for it. Where as when I play the guitar or when I create a piece of art I have a small sense of self achievement which makes it worthwhile for me.
To be honest, that was one of the answers I was expecting. Sense of achievement and a reward not in kind but in material.

And chosenary, if you want to be a professional, don't get stuck with sigs. They don't help you at all.

Sweetdeath, what kind of stuff do you design now? If I were to guess it would be web designs and all, and no sigs don't help there a bit.

DeletedUser

Sweetdeath, what kind of stuff do you design now? If I were to guess it would be web designs and all, and no sigs don't help there a bit.

Posters, invitations, certificates, programmes... That sort of thing- I work for a promotions company. To be honest though I spend more of my time in DTP clients than I do in photoshop. I only really use photoshop for the odd logo or for finishing touches.

DeletedUser63403

I'm sure that's not the line most of the people aim for when they say 'graphic designer'.

DeletedUser

Yea, the only Graphic design-y part is the advertisements really... oh and album art for bands, from time to time.

DeletedUser95344

first what that does that mean,i find no sence,Explain that rocker

DeletedUser

i'm gonna stew on this statement for a while and see what other stupid rubbish you say

He means there aren't too many aesthetically good people on here (like Centhrax, Sexercise, I'm not gonna say RD because I look like a big enough suck up as it is) and more people who think they're pro when the C+P a few images and use a couple of layer modes. I fail to see how YOU can comment on the quality of anybody else's posts when you see the rubbish that you tend to post.

DeletedUser

When you take a position of 'no aesthetically good people' he just labeled you as 'you suck'...and yet in my attempt to defend all you imaginative people, you still attack ME??!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

He didn't target any individuals. Also, he didn't say everybody, he said not too many.

DeletedUser93879

tbf i took 'artsy' to mean doing the tags for the sake of 'art' rather than as requests, timefiller, payment etc etc.

and i've got to say i dont. in fact 'artsy' people i find a little annoying - often going into too much depth on interpreting the slightest light source/brush stroke/ the artists 'intention' and feelings at the time etc etc
in fact when people talk about "waste of time degrees" then art appreciation immediately springs to mind for me lol

end of the day i like the quote "I don't know anything about art, but I know what I like." :icon_wink: