Idea For Request Section rule changes

DeletedUser

I just had an idea for a new rule for the request section,
I feel it could benefit all request section contributors
The idea is;
[spoil]No requesting un-till you have 200 posts or are willing to donate 30PP+[/spoil]
I believe this could be benificial to all request section contributors because;
  • It would prevent noobs who make a new account every day from getting hundreds of pieces made and after two days going inactive
  • This would prevent many designers making noobs hundreds of the same request

That is all.
Please discuss.
-Lucario

DeletedUser

And you would not get any noob requests. The post idea is good but the PP part might seem a bit mean.

Maybe requires a Premium donation but not a 30PP minimum.

nindel

/Support!

200 posts sounds reasonable I presume, although it's a bit annoying that some people could just spam the Count threads ect. in the General Discussion forums of some worlds for post count. Well, at least it'd sort out the active and willing if that was the case :3

DeletedUser95815

For PP, thats a no no. Some people maybe can't afford that.
I would say that 200 posts is a bit much but 50-100 sounds reasonable. I wouldn't worry about people spamming, if lots of people did then we could take on more mods (maybe 1-2 depending).

DeletedUser

It won't happen again:) lol

At least I won't try.

Yes it's only my account and plz don't require premium points, cause players might not like pic or maybe they can't get premium points or anything like that

Burning GFX

It won't happen again:) lol

At least I won't try.

Yes it's only my account and plz don't require premium points, cause players might not like pic or maybe they can't get premium points or anything like that

The way most pp required shops work is that if the customer doesn't like the sig then they don't need to pay but they don't use the sig either then the sig gets put up for sale in the first post.

DeletedUser

Well, I don't think someone who doesn't post alot in the publics should not be able to request. I know plenty of players who have about 3 posts, but are players for 2-3 years, and are serious about getting graphics (some from my tribe made forum accounts just to request previously) so it's not the best way to tell who is serious or not.

DeletedUser

i haven't even posted over 200 hundred and i have been here for a while

DeletedUser

Thanks gfx

I don't think I will post tons more maybe just a couple for awhile.

DeletedUser

I have 3K easy.

you have 90

He has had about a gazzillion different accounts. I think the 200 posts minimum is pretty steep, but like the concept. The PP thing is nice too, but I know many players of the game and members on the forum don't have an easy access to PP, but I like the concept. Think the concept of the idea is good (or did ya already realise that :icon_razz:) but I think it'd need tweaking, also the fact that this is to deter noobs .... Noobs don't read the rules of requesting they just request....

mattoematt

Terrible idea. Seriously, I hate making crappy requests but that doesn't matter what there post count is. Also, it stops new forum users from requesting a signature which is one of the features of the forum. Go, think, then delete this thread.

DeletedUser

I don't mind making free graphics for new users, I don't think there's anything wrong with that, if someone keeps requesting a million different things, then... Don't make it for them, quite simply. I see all graphics done here as optional, everyone can request, but it's up to us which ones get done. It doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to request though.

DeletedUser95815

I don't mind either. It is the request that matters at the end of the day. If they don't use it then so be it.
As i said before, 20 posts to get in would be okay if they were going to go ahead with it. But I would prefer it if none at all.

DeletedUser

Its a nice idea but heres what I think woudl happen:

-People would just not read the rule and request anyway, which would result in spammed threads

-Some people who are making stuff wouldn't care for this rule and still make them for anyone

-People would post in huge numbers and potentially ruin good threads; I guess off topica would love these guys though...

-A lot of people just dont have pp or a means of getting it, its kinda demanding when your asking a 12year old kid to use his parents credit card so he can have a picture on his account.

-Enforcing this would be a nightmare, it would require people to look through accounts to check for sufficient posts, then potentially asking GE to raid the requests and delete uneligable requests, also I think no0bs would kick up a fuss about this idea.

DeletedUser

This doesn't have to be made into an actual rule. There is nothing stopping you yourself refusing to do requests for people that don't meet those requirements. Other people can if they want to, and it may be a waste of their time, but it's their own fault so you may as well leave them be. This rule seems like it would be more trouble that it would be worth.

DeletedUser

With all the differentiation in shops today, why don't you use it as a rule in your shop? Harbinger I know will not approve of a PP charge, nor will Josh I hope. The idea of stopping new posters as-well is a tad dumb. Most new-users work well on the forum. So what if you get the odd new kid who believes he is the best. Usually, your biggest annoyance will come from spammers, such as Wolves.

I'd say your best bet is to just stop requests from people whom post on every shop, thus getting a ton of signature for free and banning people who spam on most forums, as they'll only bug you for a sig.

Edit: Now reading the other responses, I know I'm not alone in this. Matt hit it on the head, re-think what you're saying before posting it. Etan is right too, many 12-16 year old's ain't going to bug their parents to get premium points to spend on a signature. Just because they haven't got a big influence on the forum, yet.

Last edited by a moderator: