W 61/hug world

Midknight1979

Why is it that everywhere i look ppl are getting congratulated for having a low OD? I took a little break from the game and came back to the twilight zone i think. When did it become strategically important not to clear out your 12x12 ect. Last i checked letting your neighbors grow further complicates getting rid of them later in the game. So now the concept is to point race? I think i'm really going to enjoy this naive world.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

DeletedUser

1) Unless you cat em to hell you cant take enough res to stop their growth.

2) If you cat em to hell you get a shit village for a potential farm or noble target.

3) If you let em grow, you get a better village to noble.

Problem i see has less to do with low OD and more to do with crappy use of nobles, people taking low point trash that wastes their time but, ya know what, thats OK too, they can waste their time building up MY new villages for me.

DeletedUser

Why is it that everywhere i look ppl are getting congratulated for having a low OD? I took a little break from the game and came back to the twilight zone i think. When did it become strategically important not to clear out your 12x12 ect. Last i checked letting your neighbors grow further complicates getting rid of them later in the game. So now the concept is to point race? I think i'm really going to enjoy this naive world. In case it's too small to read that's: 977 point village, 3,429 ODA and the Warlord Gold Award.

You do realize that this world setting has a settings that decide how much resources you can loot at any given 24 hrs. Naive world? Not really. I think we are really going to enjoy another naive / clueless player. :icon_cool:

DeletedUser103944

Fresh meat to troll :icon_twisted:

It's about adapting to the worlds settings, do your research first :)

DeletedUser

fer ye ta clear yer neighbors means ye need to waste resources on troops, and if they have gone defensive, then it means ye'll prolly lose majority o' yer offense n' need to rebuild so ye can clear the next one. Hence yer trapped in a loop o' rebuildin troops with a limited amount o' resource income.

Ye may succeed in makin yer 15x15 into rebel, but someone just outside yer reach would have gone far mo' ahead o' ye.

It depends on the world really, with limited resource income, yes mine whoring and a bit o' turtling be a good way ta go 'bout things, in a plunder world however, the classical "kill everyone in range" comes back ta life.

Plus why would ye wanna clear someone if'n ye cannae farm'em fer long?

DeletedUser

Last i checked letting your neighbors grow further complicates getting rid of them later in the game.

You have 3 guys bigger than you in your 11x11, with your gold warlord... I have no OD and I'm the bigger guy in my 11x11, farming to my limit, and according to my scouting I have the sufficient troops to defend myself from the neighbors.
Obviously there will be war at some point, and I need troops to help out tribemates and defend myself. But I have no advantage in starting wars now.

DeletedUser

Why is it that everywhere i look ppl are getting congratulated for having a low OD? I took a little break from the game and came back to the twilight zone i think. When did it become strategically important not to clear out your 12x12 ect. Last i checked letting your neighbors grow further complicates getting rid of them later in the game. So now the concept is to point race? I think i'm really going to enjoy this naive world. In case it's too small to read that's: 977 point village, 3,429 ODA and the Warlord Gold Award.

[spoil] [/spoil]

exactly what purpose does a player under 1k points attacking 250+ other players serve? I'm around 20k and have attacked 8 in total, but my OD is still over 3x my points. the thing is, if i had less OD i would be even bigger then i currently am, you get the point? as everyone has already said, pointless early game fighting hinders growth on any world, but so much more on worlds like this where you can't just farm your nuke back in a matter of days.

DeletedUser

exactly what purpose does a player under 1k points attacking 250+ other players serve? I'm around 20k and have attacked 8 in total, but my OD is still over 3x my points. the thing is, if i had less OD i would be even bigger then i currently am, you get the point? as everyone has already said, pointless early game fighting hinders growth on any world, but so much more on worlds like this where you can't just farm your nuke back in a matter of days.

He did it for the award; a pointless and useless practice if you ask me. He might even have just sent 1 scout/spear/sword/anything else at loads of players near him.

DeletedUser92753

Wasting troops is pointless even on normal haul worlds.

greenmonsta

wrong1.png

And thats all I have to say about that.

DeletedUser

I personally love thrashing my troops unnecessarily. Brings on a sense of accomplishment. you should feel super special.

DeletedUser

OD is terrible, I have lots and wish I didnt. On another world its not bad, on this world it damn sucks.