Tribal Wars, A Dying Game?

DeletedUser

I've played this game for 4 years on and off, I've posted on this thread one four different accounts.. This game will never die. Everyone always RETURNS at the end :)

DeletedUser

I've played this game for 4 years on and off, I've posted on this thread one four different accounts.. This game will never die. Everyone always RETURNS at the end :)

hm, well if to many players leave in a short time period and the cash doesn't come it doesn't matter if the players come back. As always when you need cash, cash is king.
cash-is-king.jpg

DeletedUser

I was talking with my co the other day about how the same names keep coming up every world and how slim the chances of new players are.
So what we came up with to explain the low percentage of players that move beyond their first village was the time investment to making progress in this game..

You guys want my opinion?
Note the bold part.
Co-players. That is the reason this game lost its players base. Having accounts co-played by 2-4 players tends to be the norm these days. Where's the fun of anyone (either newbie, or a long time player) to compete against 24/7 accounts?
(As a matter of fact I personally don't see the fun of sharing my account with 2-3-4-5 other people. But that's just me I guess).

I understand that after a few million points, and in the middle of a war you need a co-player (sitting brings too many complications). But allowing multiple people sharing the same account from the start, it just kills the game. The irony is, the very same players who killed the game using this approach, are wondering now why....this game is dying.

Anyway, here's an idea (not sure if someone else said it before): find ways to prevent co-playing until an account reaches a significant size. Give other people who don't want, or can't find a co-player, to "exist" in the game in equal terms. Bring back the old days where when a co-played account was the exception, and the game was more "personal".

If this continues, I don't see why anyone should bother joining any world (for what? struggling to farm empty barbs, and watch the "top" multiperson accounts grow in ridiculous rates?). And newbies will never become "returning customers": the disappointment to keep getting nobled again and again is just too much for them.

DeletedUser92753

[spoil]
You guys want my opinion?
Note the bold part.
Co-players. That is the reason this game lost its players base. Having accounts co-played by 2-4 players tends to be the norm these days. Where's the fun of anyone (either newbie, or a long time player) to compete against 24/7 accounts?
(As a matter of fact I personally don't see the fun of sharing my account with 2-3-4-5 other people. But that's just me I guess).

I understand that after a few million points, and in the middle of a war you need a co-player (sitting brings too many complications). But allowing multiple people sharing the same account from the start, it just kills the game. The irony is, the very same players who killed the game using this approach, are wondering now why....this game is dying.

Anyway, here's an idea (not sure if someone else said it before): find ways to prevent co-playing until an account reaches a significant size. Give other people who don't want, or can't find a co-player, to "exist" in the game in equal terms. Bring back the old days where when a co-played account was the exception, and the game was more "personal".

If this continues, I don't see why anyone should bother joining any world (for what? struggling to farm empty barbs, and watch the "top" multiperson accounts grow in ridiculous rates?). And newbies will never become "returning customers": the disappointment to keep getting nobled again and again is just too much for them.
[/spoil]

I don't co to gain an advantage. In fact he is pretty much only on a few weekends a month when schedule allows. The rest is run solo.

I play with him because we are friends and work amazing together. When it comes to TW we fully understand each other's tactics, often suggesting the same village to noble/upgrade to queue at the exact same second. I play because it is more enjoyable to start a world with a friendly face and that makes the game more enjoyable.

There is more to co-players than, ZOMG must be online 24/7. online 24/7 being good is a myth. Especially in recent no hauls, limited hauls settings. Its about the quality of time spent on TW not the quantity.

DeletedUser93450

[spoil]
[spoil][/spoil]

I don't co to gain an advantage. In fact he is pretty much only on a few weekends a month when schedule allows. The rest is run solo.

I play with him because we are friends and work amazing together. When it comes to TW we fully understand each other's tactics, often suggesting the same village to noble/upgrade to queue at the exact same second. I play because it is more enjoyable to start a world with a friendly face and that makes the game more enjoyable.

There is more to co-players than, ZOMG must be online 24/7. online 24/7 being good is a myth. Especially in recent no hauls, limited hauls settings. Its about the quality of time spent on TW not the quantity.
[/spoil]

Agreed, i don't believe i have ever co-played with someone based upon our online times. :x

DeletedUser

To be honest, I have played TW since the age of 10 :) At first, I found this game while surfing the net for 'War Games'.

TW was the first ever war game I have played, I started in W3, did not know what the term 'tribe' meant and did not know how to recruit troops... I was shy and an introvert, given that this was the first online game I have ever played at the age of 10. I did not know there was such things as a Help section, so I quit soon after :)

Guess what? My hunger to learn the game grew stronger and 2-3 years later I came back and joined W53. I managed to learn how make friends, build troops and fight, but nobody told me that it was a bad idea to mix defensive and offensive troops in 1 village... I got to 10 villages and all of them were mixed, until some player realised that and attacked me. I was rimmed, no doubt.

Half a year from W53 and I joined W58 and 59 simultaneously... Currently, I have learnt my lessons and grown from strength to strength. I learnt how to post reports and how to back time, though my sniping have lots to learn... Currently, I am the top 700 players on both worlds :)

Now, who says that newbies quit after getting trampled by bigger players?

DeletedUser

Theres a limited amount you can do as a single player. I was a top 5 player with no cos a while back. But without sits, theres only a limited amount of time you can hold off an enemy which sends you 10000 attacks and over 150 trains.

DeletedUser

Use of co-players is usually an excuse for weak players to brag why this game is ''dying'' (which is physically impossible), but not all.

There is no possible way for Tribal Wars Staff to forbid co-players because this would mean that some players whose IP changes every time they turn off and back on their connection, would be blocked even though they did not do anything illegal.

You do not like to share your account with 5 players? Share it with 1 which is stays at home due to illness or lack of job. Believe me. They are good lambs. Just put a little bit of effort in finding one.

Tdogclint

I agree that TW is a dying game and It deeply saddens me to think it will not be around 3 years from now. If there is not a major push in advertisement I think tw will cease to exist, or at least as it was before. (I know im late)

DeletedUser

Use of co-players is usually an excuse for weak players to brag why this game is ''dying'' (which is physically impossible), but not all.

Come again?
You seriously think that a player who wants to have his "own" account and do whatever wants with it, is...weak? Weak in what sense mate?

Your post shows exactly what my point was: people run to find co-players, so to be..."strong" (24/7). Those who choose not too, are the..."weak".

That's a totally twisted approach to this game, compared to what it used to be. And people, you that claimed you co-play because you're friends with the other guy, because you get "qyality" time with it etc, please be honest: I'm not an outsider. I've been playing this game since early 2007 (on and off for the last 2 years because of this co-playing thing that took over all the worlds), I know how it goes. Most of the co-played accounts are people from countries on opposite sides of the Atlantic. And there's a reason for that.

There's a difference between co-playing, or sitting in the middle of a huge war (I believe I was clear about my opinion on this), than having a boosted account from the start.In this case, I feel it's like cheating, to be honest. And there's nothing to brag about, rimming single players who just started the game like this. They never return, and yet, you sit here wondering why.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You misunderstood. Best players can find themselves in any situation and still be on top. Players who use excuse of ''option of using co-players decreases the number of players''. This may be simply because players are weak and cannot find themselves co-players that are trustworthy. In addition, majority of players who blame others for using co-ps do that because they can't find one because they can't play. Amen.

Players should concentrate more on their game play more, then discussing why this game loses players. I didn't notice any inconvenience on .de or .pl. I guess it's just .net.

silvereclipes

to throw my two cents in the pot the opening up of worlds at a faster pace an not advertising the game is what is killing the game,opening a world up it seems every month is just crazy when I first joined TW the first thing I did was look at the world I was playing in an see the number of players I would be fighting an just was amazed that there was so many to a world made you understand why they called it tribal wars since it would take more then a few to stand against that many players.An they didn't close that world till it was full or start a new one till then either by 16 it seemed they were opening up every six months an 16 was like sacredfool said was a ghost world more dang greys then any I have ever seen an was the fastest world to close just because so many left it when they didn't like the speed setting. back when I started we talked about why would TW make 13 worlds for when we still had so many players playing yet on the old worlds but back then we looked an seen why is because they needed to just to keep up with demand at that time now there is no excuse to keep opening more up when we don't even have half the players we used to have.

DeletedUser

They wouldn't afford to open a new world every month...

No one will ever ban co-players. If they would, a million other issues would come up, such as players would get attacked in the night while they sleep, now would you be happy about it? They would get bored x2 as fast. Believe it or not, not everyone can stand looking at the screen all day, have the time to farm or even the motivation to play on sometimes. The only reason I actually still play the game is because of co-players, and there is a lot of players out there that feel the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Now, who says that newbies quit after getting trampled by bigger players?

I think you just did.

TW was the first ever war game I have played, I started in W3, did not know what the term 'tribe' meant and did not know how to recruit troops... I was shy and an introvert, given that this was the first online game I have ever played at the age of 10. I did not know there was such things as a Help section, so I quit soon after :)[/quote

The reality is, your one of few who decided to come back 2-3 years later, and I do applaud you for coming back, and sticking with it, however most just move on to easier games, or different games, because there are so many of them out there.

to throw my two cents in the pot the opening up of worlds at a faster pace an not advertising the game is what is killing the game

One of this issues this brings on is the staying power of players in new worlds, they get off to a bad start, they just move on to the next world, and try again. Enough players do this (and they do all the time), and you end up with a barren world, that has no real competition, and then slowly dies out.

DeletedUser

That said, TW may be losing members, but it is nowhere near dead. TW is a business, it does not operate at a loss. W1 has 102 players but is still going. That said, if this secrets thing has started to end worlds earlier because of cutting losses...then TW may be in trouble

DeletedUser92753

The thing is, TW should cater to the experienced players.

This is the group that has shown to be repeat customers. Advertisements could bring in a few k more rim accounts but would it matter?

1 player paying premium is worth more than 100 who do not.

silvereclipes

true but what I find very discouraging if you put in search for TW reviews you see allot of those who slam the game without the ads your just sinking deeper in the hole for every one bad review it takes a quarter of a million to get back those you may have lost because of that one bad review.

true allot of the bad reviews are done by so called newbs but that still hits home sometimes you correct them but what can you say to someone when all they see is some vet beating them up an it makes them mad at the game would be a good deal if TW went with a way to keep vets on one new world an let the newbs learn on another since when we make our accounts it would say OK this player has played another world hence they can now only join this world instead of beating the newbs up an a new account must play this world to learn so we don't lose them faster.

Don't know if that would work but heck it can't hurt I would be DTing in a major way without my daily fix of TW since vets dream TW an know it backwards an forwards.while newbs sleep soundly an have no clue they have to be on a hair trigger to respond to anything being done to them, sleep I have always said is over rated.

DeletedUser

The thing is, TW should cater to the experienced players.

This is the group that has shown to be repeat customers. Advertisements could bring in a few k more rim accounts but would it matter?

1 player paying premium is worth more than 100 who do not.

I disagree.

The experienced players while very important are no where near as important as fresh blood. When you cater to the experienced, eventually you find yourself without any customers. You need to be able to bring in fresh blood, because people always move on.

While 1 player paying premium is worth more than 100 who do not, if you never bring in new players and get them hooked you'll only ever have 1 player paying premium, instead of growing that number.

Michael Corleone.

Cannot believe its getting closer and closer to two years since I made this thread and it is still going. I must give props to everyone that has made this a very intriguing and interesting topic of conversation.

I tried out World 62, the first world that I played in over a year, and I can see they made the game easier for new players by having quests which give rewards like resources and troops. Perhaps this game will not completely die out, but I do not think it will be as popular as it once was.

DeletedUser

Has Innogames ever considered advertising Tribal Wars on tv? I saw an advert for Travian on tv the other day