PnP Library

• Thread starter DeletedUser92753
  • Start date

mattcurr

propaganda is a slow subtle process of building and maintaining an image.... The entire idea of this thread is flawed. You should not be able to narrow down propaganda or politics to threads or posts, it's so much more than that! A funny creative thread is not good propaganda it is good entertainment.

DeletedUser92753

I don't see the concept as flawed.

Sure, I could put "Funny Creative Thread Which is not PnP Library", but I don't see the need.

PnP can generally refer to such threads and posts that you have referred to as good entertainment. What you call propaganda is in fact image. Image is how you are perceived, propaganda is the moment where you act to alter an image, whether to improve yours or degrade another's.

mattcurr

Not to cut hairs but definition wise of propaganda and politics i am correct

[spoil]
.information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.
the deliberate spreading of such information, rumors, etc.
the particular doctrines or principles propagated by an organization or movement.
[/Spoil]
[Spoil]
the science or art of political government.
[/spoil]
Both as I read it are an ongoing event not a singular thing. The "spreading of information, rumors". "Principles propagated," meaning a long event not just a singular event. Image is the end result but the work all together is called propaganda. you want to look at a piece of propaganda. The things which pervis posted are mostly what people think of when they speak of this, and I stand by that that is entertainment. True propaganda is not something most people notice it is the subtlety of posting, leading people to conclusions even if it is against yourself. Shaping their images, for this I think metal duck did the best job of politics and propaganda and i would say his persona was the best piece of this on the fora.

DeletedUser93450

.information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.

Which, generally, is what most peoples war declarations/threads are intending to do, right?

Doesn't necessarily have to span a long time, unless i'm reading something wrong in your post. >.<

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The best propaganda shapes people's opinions without their realizing it, this is true.

However, in this game, just like in the real world people are willing to shape their opinions even if theyre aware that this is the propagandists objective. Folks play an online game to be entertained, they read something entertaining and enjoyable, they think better of the writer/writer's tribe. Good will is generated = Propaganda.

The reverse works as well. Your enemy knows that you want to demoralize them and show them that they suck. But if you can convincingly do so on the forums in a way they can't counter or deny, then they're demoralized anyways. Hence propaganda.

DeletedUser

Reading through Pervis's posts here and they have me thinking that a sign of good PnP is when people who were on both sides of the matter actually liked it. Pervis was a Random player on W39, and I was in ID early on and I remember all that PnP going back and forth even though it was years ago. Right now I'm cracking up at the comic about Bunny's involvement :lol:

ramz fan

W2 - Ramz Terms for Hots "unconditional" surrender

I might be a bit biased, but this was great at the time. My tribe Random Blood was getting butchered in the war, and there was an ongoing forum war between me and gunboundSS. :D

edit: You might want to also dig up threads made by Congo in W2 and W11 I believe. Great, actual PnP, unlike my jest :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Love how W60 is completely void of good PnP, as it should be.

DeletedUser

Given that Javanshir's last activity was May, chances are he won't be adding that to the list.