Newby Things You Did In Your First World...

DeletedUser93993

well i only play w-48 and its my first world. so ima still kinda newb

like many posted. i first signed up with my real name. didn know about farming. used to build spears only.

a stupid thing which i did was , i created my own tribe and mailed all my neighbors to join. none joined. :p. that pissed me a lot.

when i was 150k i attacked a million point player and kept attacking him until one day he vouched for me and helped me get into his tribe. which is now the best tribe in w-48.

DeletedUser

Not me but my tribemate sent his sitter this mail(while at 1k points mind you) and got internally nobled as a result:

Hello sitter,
I will ask you to upgrade the smithy, timber/iron, warehouse if you upgrade resource higher. (looking to aim for academy.) Upgrade anything you think should be up'd.
Create the units you think i should have (a few rams, some light cav, mounted archers... w/e really.)
Don't mess too much up :p, I'm staying passive (not attacked yet, WOOT!) so please don't do anything stupid.
My farm is the one RIGHT above me.
thx

[that is almost exact, only 1 line changed changed, if you want to research heavy cav if you get it in the or so, go ahead]

1 farm... sigh...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser105520

Well i've been playing for about 4 months now and joined because of my RL friends. Not much nooby moments but i started building mixed vils on my first world (W60.net) and thought that my tribe and I in K37 could take on one of the bigger, tribeless people. So we attacked and found out that he had a lot of allies... Also in my current world (W61.net), i demolised my smithy thinking that the academy could still be used. :icon_redface:

This is my first post, if nooby it should be fixed within 10 years time.

DeletedUser

I remember on my first world (w10) I thought it was pretty cool to be in a tribe where everything was blue and purple around me. I felt safe and did whatever my Duke instructed to do, grew by nobling those that quit. I remember the first time i got attacked (by the #1 tribe) I totally freaked out and begged everyone for support. The first village I ever lost was on w12 where I missed the recall to snipe a 30 second noble train by a 1/2 second, it was my main. (facepalm)

DeletedUser

My first world was 27 or so, and I Got a full farm worth of spears and attacked someone.

DeletedUser

"Back then" and I'm talking about the very beginning of .net, I used to have entire villages called "demolition villages" that had nothing but rams and catapults no troops. They were used to soften up the enemy village before attacking. Even wrote a tribal guide about it and got applauded for my keen understanding of the game mechanics by my tribemades :icon_sad:

DeletedUser105520

"Back then" and I'm talking about the very beginning of .net, I used to have entire villages called "demolition villages" that had nothing but rams and catapults no troops. They were used to soften up the enemy village before attacking. Even wrote a tribal guide about it and got applauded for my keen understanding of the game mechanics by my tribemades :icon_sad:

Did they work? I was thinking of getting a vil just made up of scouts.

A humble player

Just scouts is bad, but a higher than normal concentration of scouts (2-4K) mixed with HC/spear is something that i've used before.
And that idea Pervis had wasn't exactly good.

DeletedUser

A 10,000 scout village is perfectly legit thing to have especially in wartime scenarios. Most decent players have them as the game progresses.

As for my idea of a pure demolition village. Err, try sending 800 rams and no troops to a target :)

DeletedUser105520

As for my idea of a pure demolition village. Err, try sending 800 rams and no troops to a target
smile.gif

Well i stuck it into the simulator. 800 rams vs 8000 spears and 2000 heavy cavalry and a lvl 20 wall. killed 1 spearman!

DeletedUser

Back on W14, my first world, I used the well-tried tactic of defensive villages with nothing but MC.

DeletedUser105520

haha, just realised i typed in lvl 30 wall. sorry. i meant lvl 20 wall...

DeletedUser

I used to hate getting buried and tried to noble my way out to the rim

DeletedUser24210

back in W10, neighbour, wich i talked a lot on mails, were friends, but didin't wanted to be alies, atacked me and said he has done a mistake. i said him it is no problem, my troops wil return from farming till then. i got cleared, my 50sp, 50sw, 75 lcv, and 50axe, 10 scouts couldn't face his force. i was mad, and had to join my first tribe to escape, and he joined too, so we become good friends till i took his vill wich he gave it to me couse lost all his troops atacking someone.

DeletedUser103292

World 13

I joined with a rl friend, spread across the world. I didn't know how to farm or what to build. I'd build random any building I could, as soon as I could, same with troops. I was being farmed and didn't know it. I was always wondering why I had no troops. For some odd reason, the guy stopped attacking. Probably to try to noble me? Not sure. I nobled barbs and any player I could. (He was 5k to my 1, then got to 30k to my 10k and I came back to noble him.)

I left the tribe and joined the rank 1 in the area, twice. I thought they were the best over all. I didn't do the send four nobles at once thing, as my friend tried that and failed so I knew not to. I also bought premium for the entire time I played and not once used any of the features it held, other than easier to switch between the villages. I always wondered what the market was for and thought the hiding place was completely needed.

There was a million point player right by me in my own tribe, I was scared shitless and we cross-nobled three or more times. So I decided i'd go out with a bang and sent all my axe nukes at him..ended up clearing him as he had all mixed villages. Tribe kicked him and we nobled him out. (About the only good thing I did. XD)

I got to about 500k, (still mainly barbs and smaller players) we were in war, tribe disbanned and I didn't know what to do. So I quit.

DeletedUser

I was about to perform my first snipe and was waiting for the perfect time to hit support, then realized I had to confirm it after clicking support.

Yes I already new you had to do that I just forgot and the guy got nobled because of me.