Being threatened by your own tribe?

• Thread starter DeletedUser101243
  • Start date

DeletedUser101243

My tribe at the moment keep bringing these get to 250 points by so and so or you will get kicked? don't you think its a little aggressive and point whoring is encouraged?

DeletedUser

Well that depends, if you get a few days to get to 250 points then it's more than doable

DeletedUser

So far, every member of my tribe have had 13 days since they started. I am also pushing my dukes to get ready to kick members who aren't at 250 points, because anyone under that is literally terrible at the game.

You, on the other hand, joined 2 days ago, so i do understand your concern. Tell them you only joined the world 2 days ago, and they should give you an exception.

DeletedUser

The logic behind that is, lower point members are less likely to be active.

The lower your activity the less potential you have on this world, so there is little point in keeping inactive players, no matter how good they are, because they don't contribute very much to the tribe.

However the only fair way to look at it, is a player by player basis. Some players started later than others, and their location can make things harder or easier. Some maybe active, good players, but got unfortunate with a nasty spiked farm early, which will obviously set you back a bit.

It might encourage point whoring a little as people may upgrade anything to reach the 250p target. If I was in your situation I would ignore the target and carry on doing what I do.

DeletedUser

My tribe at the moment keep bringing these get to 250 points by so and so or you will get kicked? don't you think its a little aggressive and point whoring is encouraged?

Yeah 2 weeks to get to 250 points is only achievable if point whoring. No amount of farming could possibly end you up there.

DeletedUser

that is so unfair... establish a tribe and collect players under 200 points... it will work :icon_wink:

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

250 points? Umm, I nearly gained that yesterday. Late-starters are one thing but anyone smaller than that who started early is hopeless.

DeletedUser

250 points? Umm, I nearly gained that yesterday. Late-starters are one thing but anyone smaller than that who started early is hopeless.

Points are easier to gain as you get to a particular stage, so I don't think it's a smart idea comparing yourself to someone who is say, still in BP for example.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Points are easier to gain as you get to a particular stage, so I don't think it's a smart idea comparing yourself to someone who is say, still in BP for example.

I mentioned late-starters specifically as an exception. Someone to be under 250 and started when I did is completely unacceptable IMO.

DeletedUser

everyone need to be growing constant if you want to survive ... setting goals for the tribe is a good idea and weeds out the slackers

DeletedUser101986

This guy started on the 1st of June :)

:O i just restarted 4-5 hrs ago and am already at 170,prob 200 by morning with 9 hrs queued on barax.....how is 2 days for 250 points undoable?even 24 hrs for 250 points is...well ill just drop the judgment now :p

DeletedUser93513

:O i just restarted 4-5 hrs ago and am already at 170,prob 200 by morning with 9 hrs queued on barax.....how is 2 days for 250 points undoable?even 24 hrs for 250 points is...well ill just drop the judgment now :p

HEY! I had 180 after 24 hours. :icon_cry:

DeletedUser12107

If you start this late into the world getting to 200 points is easy considering you have WAY higher mines that starting on day one. So quests are already done and resources already higher per hour. And the only way to get to 250 without pitwhoring is by going for stable. Which if you do that on day 2 you are doing something wrong. So while 250 points by end of day 2 is doable, it is not nearly ideal.