What happened

DeletedUser

Rethae sent you something on skype to offer you an account, but I think you have already chosen where you will be going TSJ.

I don't know you much so it would be hard to be considered friends. But if you wanted to come back to play with us, we would certainly be taking you. Have you contacted your friends in here when you were looking for something?

I'm not sore over anything as these are simply facts. Why should I care if RAM gets any credit? They are dead.

Pajuno walks with a mirror and can only see himself. Are Loen playing a role in this war, who?!? It's only Phx.

There are many way to explain Phx successes in this world, but none of these is by pure greatness. Great tactical and diplomacy decisions, absolutely. Phx may have started wars as underdogs, but they have always ended these with a LARGER coalition involved. ALWAYS.

These are facts that are heavily documented.

Even if Phx WAS beating us, it would NOT be a sole Phx achievement.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Rethae sent you something on skype to offer you an account, but I think you have already chosen where you will be going TSJ.

I don't know you much so it would be hard to be considered friends. But if you wanted to come back to play with us, we would certainly be taking you. Have you contacted your friends in here when you were looking for something?

I'm not sore over anything as these are simply facts. Why should I care if RAM gets any credit? They are dead.

my bad inboxed you makes more sense ;)

DeletedUser

There are many way to explain Phx successes in this world, but none of these is by pure greatness.

True. The real reason Phx is winning, is because I am there, and I am just that awesome.

(ego stroke, ego stroke, ego stroke. Oh yeah baby.... that feels gooood.)

Now, before anyone can point out that I joined TARDIS right before they fell, and defended for BD just before they fell, I will quickly absent myself, and plug my ears and close my eyes. That's how it's done on the PnP, right? Make a statement about one's own greatness, and then refuse to acknowledge any dissenting claims?

(See, I have learned a thing or two from the forums.)

oooh, wait. I also have to call someone names! with poor grammars! and exclamation marks! u suck noobbles!!!

All may worship my PnP greatness now.

DeletedUser

Please insult me Raven, you know how I love it like that. :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Please insult me Raven, you know how I love it like that. :icon_biggrin:

I know. Everyone on the PnP loves teh insults.

(See, that's what Paj is really trying to say when he insults everyone. He loves them, and just wants to hug them all. Every last one of them.)

DeletedUser67579

So we should feel all warm and fuzzy because he really wants to us all to merge into one mega tribe for the win

DeletedUser

So we should feel all warm and fuzzy because he really wants to us all to merge into one mega tribe for the win

Yep, you got it. On the button.

:icon_eek:

Oh no. Did I just say that out loud?

Sheesh... Paj is always after me for revealing his sekrets. Last time I told Phx secrets to the enemy, he downgraded all my privs and kicked me from Skype chat. What's he gonna do now?

Erm.. Can I put in a precautionary application to join BH?

(Nope I can't. They're closed to applications. Guess I'm stuck then.)

DeletedUser

I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE FOR THE "WALL OF TEXT" TO FOLLOW.

@ Noobie: I don't necessarily disagree with most of your statements at all. They all have varying levels of truth to them. It's been a long time, and many events have occurred since, so my memories might not be as good as they otherwise would be.

There is only one point that I truly believe you have flat out wrong - you overestimate RAM's impact on the BD war. I remember trying my best to get RAM to do something, anything for weeks and weeks. Fight BD, fight Phoenx - fight someone! Because I had a very good feeling that whichever tribe came out of that war on top would be extremely dangerous to RAM. BD was perched due north/northwest of RAM; Phoenx was pressing up against RAM in west, and lower Ks below RAM were wide open.

After weeks of trying to get "upper management" to do anything to take advantage of the situation, RAM authorized the fledgling "cat brigade" to launch on selected BD targets. At the time didn't the "cat brigade" consist of ten players or so in RAM? Maybe 200 nukes? Certainly not much more than that. This was the starting point - the test run - of KarmaX's "cat enemies into submission, crush their defense and smash their ability to rebuild or recap, make them quit in frustration or boredom and get closer and noble when you can" strategy, was it not? After the cat brigade attacked BD, weren't all RAM players instructed to build fanged nukes en masse for the first time as a tribal requirement? I seem to remember a circular mail ...

In any event, the huge bulk of RAM did nothing in the BD war. There were the select cat players who sent those cats out at BD, and there were what, five-ten players on the "front lines" who would exchange nukes and occasionally nobles with maybe ten players of BD? RAM was little more than an annoyance to BD. RAM's attacks didn't shift the defense or focus of BD one iota. Other than telling the cat players to "sent cat nuke, wait for it to return, send again" - there were no planned ops on BD, or even any plan at all. The majority of the tribe was barely aware that RAM and BD were fighting - they did what they always did, noble internals and barbs and play SimCity.

There has to be someone who remembers RAM on the forums parroting BD's comment: "we aren't at war with BD, this is just natural expansion of our borders."

I was speaking to Gicusan while on the Orclord account during all of this, as he was Orca's geographical enemy (and if you recall, Gicusan was the one who made Orca quit and dump his account on me when he nobled the crap out of Orca while I was away for the weekend in retaliation for RAM sending some nukes at PinkyToe.) Gicusan treated the RAM attacks like a grizzly bear would a swarm of flies - he would grumpily swing his massive paw at the annoying insects brushing up against him. *And yes, he posted differently on PnP. Of course he did - the alternative was to give all the credit to Paj. As if he'd ever do that!

I guess there is no easy way to get the stats for two tribes that no longer exist (and most of the players are gone, too.) It would be interesting to see the ODA gains for RAM when they started randomly flinging a nuke here and there at BD, or compare the ODD gains of BD pre- and post-RAM involvement, tracking down the BD players that were targeted by RAM to see if their points fell irrespective of villa count (to show the effectiveness of the "huge cat squad") and the cap total between BD and RAM during the Phoenx war.

What would you say, Noob? While BD was active, how many villas did RAM take? Would the stats show RAM taking more from BD, or BD taking more from RAM? How many villas total switched ownership? How many points went in which direction?

Fact is, RAM did not factor into BD losing the war. I do agree (and have written numerous times) that it was Phoenx and inactivity that killed BD. But perhaps BD wouldn't have gotten discouraged or disinterested if they had made more gains against Phoenx - it's possible some players were hoping for the easy knockout that TARDIS had been, and when it turned into trench warfare it was over.

@ Paj: Come on, Noob didn't "betray his tribe" and jump into BH. That's more revisionist history and PnP crap. Noob saw the direction the tribe was going to take, and fought against it from within. Then he - like most of us would have - left the tribe because it no longer resembled the tribe he had joined.

Everyone at the time (except for RAM, of course) lauded Noob's honor and character for (quoting Albus here) doing what was right, instead of what was easy. There's 15 or so pages on it in a thread back there in the past.

Noob was "neutral" for quite a long time in the RAM v. Phoenx war. His account just sat there as far as I can recall - a potential enemy intertwined around the heart of RAM. Was Noob doing things "against the tribe" while being "neutral"? Depends on how you define against the tribe - he was trying to wrest control of the tribe he formerly led to put it back on the right path. As they say: "When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty." To use a nations analogy, Noob wasn't a traitor - he was the only true patriot.

After relations between Noob and RAM leadership finally were broken beyond repair, Noob was a huge help to Phoenx in many ways both directly and indirectly through his actions. Out of respect for Noob, I won't list those direct actions - but Paj, you know very well the history.

Noob's account was eventually smashed and abandoned - but in typical RAM style it took them forever (in relative terms) to do it. Look at how quickly that one account that popped up as hostile in the heart of BH country was devoured when it went rogue with Raven at the helm, and compare that with how long Noob wreaked havoc behind RAM lines. I'm pretty sure Noob barbed that account out of sheer boredom while he was waiting for RAM to get around to getting their heads out of their butts and actually do something about him.

So it wasn't (as you well know) "Noob betrays his tribe to jump into a plum account on the new #1 tribe."

There's PnP, and then there's horse doo-doo. And for months you and Noob have been eating way too much fiber and spewing the results all over the forums.

DeletedUser

Fibers are good for my health! :lol:

I disagree with your evaluation of RAM impacts in that war. While, as I said many times, Phx did the bulk of the job on BD, all other tribes involved had a impact as well. It is true that RAM didn't cap much, they were never really good at that. I remember that there was Canine- and Gicusan stacks around us. I also remember that former Tardis were getting catted quite often.

I agree that we disagree and I'm perfectly fine with that.

BD spread its legs and the result was not pretty. RAM did the same.

Recipe for disaster.

P.S. When I deleted my accounts, I was still up in caps. Obviously, that was not going to last forever. I had to rebuild catting and all that so I decided it was time to stop that.

DeletedUser67579

I can agree to that since I was his sitter. Was spending hours everyday rebuilding for him. The account was not deleted because he was beaten but decided to quit while he had the lead. I would have continued to work with him for as long as he wanted to go on. It was truly awe inspiring to be in the account and watch him.

DeletedUser

I'm pretty sure Noob barbed that account out of sheer boredom while he was waiting for RAM to get around to getting their heads out of their butts and actually do something about him.

As I wrote ... Noob wasn't beaten, he barbed his account out of sheer boredom with rebuilding.

Mick876

If I remember correctly they started attacking him and he disappeared. Cause I was one of the ones who got landed with his account to defend it.

DeletedUser79042

If I remember correctly they started attacking him and he disappeared. Cause I was one of the ones who got landed with his account to defend it.

It was a bad story anyway... Attacking their ex-leader. What a shameful week/fortnight it must have been. I remember RHCP trying to level things... Where is he btw? Did he ever play again?

Anyway, most of those players are gone. Noob is still around. I give him credit for this. (and for enduring my pnp attacks :icon_wink:)

MR.MR

It was a bad story anyway... Attacking their ex-leader. What a shameful week/fortnight it must have been. I remember RHCP trying to level things... Where is he btw? Did he ever play again?

Anyway, most of those players are gone. Noob is still around. I give him credit for this. (and for enduring my pnp attacks :icon_wink:)

RHCP created (recreated?) Escape on w60 (for those of you not in the south or following earlier south politics, Escape owned k86/87/88/78/79 and merged with TWC to help form RAM). Escape quickly grew, and eventually reached #1/#2 in the world, but crumbled long after RHCP was done with the world. The core players from Escape formed Calm., and we are now ruling the world in style.

DeletedUser

Being one of the few x-BD players still around, I would like to clarify something. Not for the sake of argument but that's my personal opinion. You can disagree or agree with it. Phnx can proudly state that they defeated BD but that can be strongly attributed to important factors.

To begin with, BD true final war was against DN. Anything that happened after that was not even quarter of BD power at its' peak - on tribal ops level. After DN War specifically, many key players in BD had activity issues for various reasons (RL, getting bored, etc). Whatever was coordinated later on was 'nothing' including the final show which included THE joining the final record breaking nukes attack as some may have called it (which by the way was simply a farewell operation since many main players left/were leaving). Phnx u didn't need to survive this attack cos to begin with it was not meant to kill u as BD disbanded afterwards and things were pretty clear.

BD as an elite tribe had proved itself in several occasions and wars. BD didn't need to win Phnx to prove anything. Also, I disagree with whoever relates BD defeat to RAM and Leon attacking BD at different frontlines. BD during its' peak has always fought at different frontlines without any sweat. If the same main players were still around and fully involved, things would have been different.

Also, I feel some recruitment decisions were not successful. For instance tempz was someone several players were against recruiting and he somehow turned off the same players by joining BD at that time. A cursed player from the days of HAM!! that is all I can say about him.

When looking back at things, I feel BD should have retired right after DN war with the increasing number of players not interested to continue. But that didn't happen and Phnx mainly took full advantage when the war started and till the end.

DeletedUser

I never passed the sit to you... You are TOTALLY mistaken.

I fought for a month and a half almost on my own. I think I had Cy sit me a bit in the beginning, but it was only Rethae giving me a hand in the end.

I played my account the whole time and never disapeared. I was in fact ahead in caps when I deleted.

DeletedUser102096

Yeah

Yeah thats why you deleted.. Boredom... (cough)(cough)

DeletedUser

Since you mentioned one of your actions, Noob, I will confirm that you passed a sit for a short while after leaving RAM, and I had it back again through my sit of Varden or Ty (I can't remember,) who was sitting you while I was sitting them. When I had the direct sit, all was quiet - you just asked me to make sure nothing bad happened.

And NBD? RAM players were literally right next door to almost all his villas. But about the best they could muster was random cat attacks - no cohesive plan at all. Sure, Noob was running out of nukes and D villas - but he lasted what, three or four months in the heart of RAM, nuking and nobling villas, without RAM doing much at all in response?

Noob and I were talking constantly during this time - believe me when I say that Noob's thought process was basically "eh, I don't really feel like rebuilding the account, I could drag this out at this pace for a year or more, but what's the point?" It took RAM another year to fall apart, and Noob probably could have held on for most of that, but even then, his geographic location was useless to anyone. So he barbed it. Certainly RAM eating his nukes at catting his villas had something to do with his decision - but it affected him pretty much only in terms of "sheesh, this will take too long and is going nowhere ..."

@ Hamadalali: I agree that BD suffered from malaise more than from Phoenx actions. Phoenx did what it normally does - takes the first shot, recover, and slowly return fire, increasing in intensity until the end. BD just didn't have the interest to continue past the first couple months. And thank you for confirming that TWC/RAM had little to nothing to do with the BD/Phoenx war.