Team battles

• Thread starter Werbenjagermanjensen
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Hey guys.
I'm new(-ish) to the graphics community and i was just wondering what a team battle was with graphics as i have noticed it being mentioned in older threads.
-werb

DeletedUser81336

It's very simple actually.
We divide up in to teams of 3 or more (usually with 2-4 people on a team). We go on degpaint online and the host creates a blank canvas to start. Each member of a team is given a different size brush (small, med, large, or extra small if 4 people), no repeats for each team and then that team is given a color (blue, red, green, purple, etc...). The first team to cover over 40% of the canvas with their color wins, this is calculated by degpaint online of course. Obviously you can cover over the other teams colors with your own team color.

It's quite difficult to do though as with 3+ teams covering 50% can be difficult, plus getting everyone online at one time is a pain. It is usually won after someone goes afk or quits.

DeletedUser

Lol Oscar!

Team battles are actually quite simple. People get put into teams (based on skill so you could have a skilled person, med skill and a beginner together; or be selected by a random generator), and each person creates a piece, which then gets submitted together as a team, battling another team. Whichever team has the best pieces of work wins!

DeletedUser

Team battles would be fun, but perhaps after BOTG. Running a BOTG, SOTW and team battles at once might be a bit much (for this forum :p)

DeletedUser106013

Yes, I think it would be a fun idea to do a team battle! :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

We better get a bigger turnout than we have been for the past sotw.