Dear People in Libya

DeletedUser59586

It doesn't to plenty other people. Many of whom have plenty more wisdom than you.

DeletedUser59586

That's not necessarily true y'know. Talk like that and stupid people might start thinking they're also wise.

DeletedUser

Al Qaeda in the form that many people imagine is simply not real.

Al Qaeda may not be the same group in it's operational capacity that it were just over a decade ago, but it is still very much a threat. It still has many supporters and financier's, so I find it very negligent to declare it to be a media term. It may be in more of a support role than ever, but it still exists and operates with the intent of waging violence.

DeletedUser96141

I have to admit that I'm really unsure if you're serious or not. Al Qaeda still very much-so exists. Although, no longer in it's original capacity, which is essentially a goal for the group as a whole (pretty much a hub of support, logistics and fighters to wage jihad on a global level). Presently, Al Qaeda's offshoots are the larger threats than that of what we see in Afghanistan/Pakistan with regards to the ranks of the Taliban and the Haqqani network. Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) and Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) have taken the majority of the focus. You also have allegiance's pledged to Al Qaeda by groups like al-Shabaab and Boko Haram, among others. The "hundreds of bickering fundamentalist factions" would be groups like Hamas, Hizbullah, etc. that either fall out of that column on either religious differences (AQ is Sunni, Hamas is Shia) or whatever other reason.

So, no, Al Qaeda is not just a media term. Al Qaeda lives very much up to its name (the Base) and are still very effective at recruiting, with their offshoots (esp. AQAP) being even more so.

If you were in fact, not serious in your posting, then just disregard everything I've said.
Bunch of wrong things here. Al'shabaab (if you mean the group in yemen) are shia thus have no allegiances towards the salafi Al-Qaeda. (Salafi's are the ones that think that they would go to heaven if they killed non muslims and shias). Hamas is not Shia. Its sunni, but a more moderate version. Hezb'ullah is shia, its a paramilitary/political group.

@FF
Cougar was explaining it pretty good.
Here let me try.
The whole reason why i mentioned it was to show that not all muslims interpret the Qura'n the same way. If you dont do your abolutions before prayer the right way, your prayer will not be counted. This is a very minor diferrence between shia and Sunni. The largest difference is that Shiite's believe that after the prophet there were in place 12 imams that helped the people stay on the right path, and we believe that the 12th one is not dead and will come before the Day of judgment, with Prophet Issa (Jesus) and rule the earth, we also believe that he (the 12th imam) is a direct great-great .... grandchild of the Prophet Muhammad. While the Sunni's did not believe in the twelve imams and believe a person will come and rule the earth with jesus.

There are much more differences aswell.

DeletedUser

Bunch of wrong things here. Al'shabaab (if you mean the group in yemen) are shia thus have no allegiances towards the salafi Al-Qaeda. (Salafi's are the ones that think that they would go to heaven if they killed non muslims and shias). Hamas is not Shia. Its sunni, but a more moderate version. Hezb'ullah is shia, its a paramilitary/political group.

By al-Shabaab, I am referencing to the group in Somalia. Though, I did mix up Hamas with Hizbullah in that one part of my post. Hamas may have to had to lessen their role in the violence against Israel, but they are still an actor, thus I find it difficult to call them moderate in any regard. Though, I guess, if you are comparing them to such groups as Islamic Jihad, then you can say so. When I was writing my thesis, I remember reading in one book I sourced of how if Hamas were to act primarily as a political force, then some group would rise up to fill the vacuum that it formerly covered in terms of violence (through the al-Qasaam Brigades). Hamas still wishes the destruction of Israel and sees that as it's goal and still works to achieve it. So it still attempts to fill in that spot. Some of its members are still behind the rocket/mortar attacks that are a near daily occurance.

DeletedUser

SUCH LOGIC!

Yes, religion gave them one more reason. Race also gave them another reason- so obviously we should make sure that everyone is of the same race, to prevent conflict. Income is another reason for contention- so we should make sure that everyone has the same income. Language causes us to empathise less with other people- so everyone should speak English. Intelligence causes conflict, so we should make sure that no-one can display any greater aptitude than anyone else. Yes? No, we shouldn't. Why is it so hard to understand that all that is required is tolerance and that every major religionpreaches tolerance nowadays? The religious wars are long over. Your excuse is no longer valid.
Fair, no. Logical, maybe so. The point being that it is logical to kill, just that morality (fairness) prevents us from doing so. And you might want to talk to wackee before instituting state controls on how many children you can have.
You could not justify your leaf example without making your leaf into something greater than a leaf. You could not justify it without it having divine powers. Ergo, your leaf example requires the 'leaf' to be a god.
Because you're wrong on several levels? Firstly they weren't cavemen, secondly cavemen weren't stupid, thirdly the authors of the Bible weren't stupid. And you remain unscientific in your baseless suppositions.

Yes, they are. Hence why I said that it's a cultural thing- if the culture becomes more moderate, it will become harder for such behaviour to be carried out, and it'll stop.

That would indeed be helpful. Unfortunately, race is not determined by belief but by innate genetics. There is no logical race. There is a logical belief/lack of belief.
No, we shouldn't. The harder you work the more income you get. If you don't have a decent income, too bad, should have hit the books harder. If people were not offered education, then the government should provide for them.
That would also be helpful, but why English? Why not French, Chinese, or whatever? There's no way to decide.
Intelligence is based on how hard you work. Being unintelligent is their fault, not the fault of the intelligent. As is those who have the world's largest source of information at their fingertips and choose to ignore logic. Like you. That is not my fault.

'religious wars are over' someone tell me he's not serious...

How is it logical to kill? Elaborate. Secularist morality is based on logic, not the teachings of idiots.
Okay, so why don't you worship my leaf? That's offensive. Believe it in now or else the leaf will send you to an eternal torment into a fire.
1. How many times have I said that?
2. They were in comparison to us. Thus, I used the term to imply that you are following the teachings of an idiot.
3. lol yes they were

Yes, but our culture restricts the way to which they act, hence, they've either been forced to change, or gone to prison.
ill ignore the mindless anti-muslim propaganda...

@Protesin no it isnt accepted in Shia to just kill any non-muslim
For example Iran, know for its law based on shia sharia, protects jews and christains as part of its national law and gives them a representative in parliament.
Because you know it's right.

You kill apostates, potatoe, potato.

DeletedUser

Aren't you born with your intelligence, with what you do with it being the variable?

DeletedUser

That would indeed be helpful. Unfortunately, race is not determined by belief but by innate genetics. There is no logical race. There is a logical belief/lack of belief.
No, we shouldn't. The harder you work the more income you get. If you don't have a decent income, too bad, should have hit the books harder. If people were not offered education, then the government should provide for them.
That would also be helpful, but why English? Why not French, Chinese, or whatever? There's no way to decide.
Intelligence is based on how hard you work. Being unintelligent is their fault, not the fault of the intelligent. As is those who have the world's largest source of information at their fingertips and choose to ignore logic. Like you. That is not my fault.

'religious wars are over' someone tell me he's not serious...

How is it logical to kill? Elaborate. Secularist morality is based on logic, not the teachings of idiots.
Okay, so why don't you worship my leaf? That's offensive. Believe it in now or else the leaf will send you to an eternal torment into a fire.
1. How many times have I said that?
2. They were in comparison to us. Thus, I used the term to imply that you are following the teachings of an idiot.
3. lol yes they were

Yes, but our culture restricts the way to which they act, hence, they've either been forced to change, or gone to prison.
Orly.
You've not eliminated conflict there. Another flash point!
More conflict!
Oh dear. Please tell me that you're not seriously suggesting that people can become more intelligent by... working harder. Because that doesn't work, self-proclaimed logic-boy (because all atheists are logical, obviously, and no theist can possibly be logical). Also, another conflict starter.
So, 3 apparently unsolvable issues before we can go to your perfect atheist world where everyone is totally irrational, uses morality based on nothing and lead their hedonistic lives as they wish because they believe that this is all we get. Hmm.

Entirely so. The last Crusade was 1272. The last major religion-associated genocide was atheists/pagans vs Jews. The religious wars are over.

I have elaborated. Please try to read what I write. Also, please stop digging yourself deeper, because you have no logical basis for your morality.
Try again. 'Bran, I'm sorry for my inability to comprehend advanced concepts. I can't make my leaf the creator of the universe without demonstrating that you're correct. Accept my sorrowful resignation from this pitiful 'discussion''.
1- Several times, thus far.
2- Learn some biology, please.
3- Still not showing evidence, still making baseless assumptions. So much for your logic.

Which contradicts what I said because...? Please also try to understand the influence of culture on the behaviour of those who live within it.

DeletedUser

I have realised recently that I hate politics more that I hate religion.

Very few religions have any say as to how I should live my life or how my life is legislated. Governments actively curtail my freedoms, which bother me more.

DeletedUser

I have realised recently that I hate politics more that I hate religion.

Very few religions have any say as to how I should live my life or how my life is legislated. Governments actively curtail my freedoms, which bother me more.

DeletedUser

Aren't you born with your intelligence, with what you do with it being the variable?

Not really. Imagine being born on a deserted island, not having to eat/drink to stay alive, do you think you'd know even a fraction of the things you do now by 20?

Orly.
You've not eliminated conflict there. Another flash point!
More conflict!
Oh dear. Please tell me that you're not seriously suggesting that people can become more intelligent by... working harder. Because that doesn't work, self-proclaimed logic-boy (because all atheists are logical, obviously, and no theist can possibly be logical). Also, another conflict starter.
So, 3 apparently unsolvable issues before we can go to your perfect atheist world where everyone is totally irrational, uses morality based on nothing and lead their hedonistic lives as they wish because they believe that this is all we get. Hmm.

Entirely so. The last Crusade was 1272. The last major religion-associated genocide was atheists/pagans vs Jews. The religious wars are over.

I have elaborated. Please try to read what I write. Also, please stop digging yourself deeper, because you have no logical basis for your morality.
Try again. 'Bran, I'm sorry for my inability to comprehend advanced concepts. I can't make my leaf the creator of the universe without demonstrating that you're correct. Accept my sorrowful resignation from this pitiful 'discussion''.
1- Several times, thus far.
2- Learn some biology, please.
3- Still not showing evidence, still making baseless assumptions. So much for your logic.

Which contradicts what I said because...? Please also try to understand the influence of culture on the behaviour of those who live within it.
How did I not?
Why not?
Unsolvable to you. I've already explained my solutions, you haven't accepted them.
My morality is based on what I find logical. If killing were logical, I would kill. And I don't live my life that way.
No, you haven't.
Are you serious? I'm starting to think you're trolling me.
1. exactly....
2. are you supposing cavemen were intelligent in comparison to us?
3. A matter of opinion. You could think the most idiotic texts are intelligent, in fact, you do.

DeletedUser59586

Not really. Imagine being born on a deserted island, not having to eat/drink to stay alive, do you think you'd know even a fraction of the things you do now by 20?

How did I not?
Why not?
Unsolvable to you. I've already explained my solutions, you haven't accepted them.
My morality is based on what I find logical. If killing were logical, I would kill. And I don't live my life that way.
No, you haven't.
1. exactly....
3. A matter of opinion. You could think the most idiotic texts are intelligent, in fact, you do.

Knowledge isn't the same as Intelligence.

DeletedUser

How did I not?
Why not?
No, you haven't.
1. exactly....
How did you not what? Eliminate conflict? I'd've thought it'd be obvious.
Because intellect is based on a number of factors, but you do have basic biological differences which no amount of hard work is going to be able to shift.
You provided no solutions, you simply said that we either couldn't change them or needn't.
What you find logical? Surely, since logic is a universal tool, if you find something to be logical, everyone will? Because surely your axioms are based on logic, and these cascade upwards, following a chain of thought to which everyone using logic will agree to? Or are you not actually using logic?
Me? Trolling you? You're the needlessly aggressive one, the self-proclaimed user of logic, follower of the scientific method, who thus far has demonstrated none of the above tools. You're the one who doesn't know basic biology, or the difference between knowledge and intelligence. In short, you're the one appearing to be a troll, because no-one else could write the same things as you without realising how stupid they sound.