Discussion: Update to version 8.10

DeletedUser656

Dear Community,

Welcome to the changelog for Version 8.10. The focus for this version was on improving general usability and adding additional conveniences. Please let us know if we have succeeded or not!
In this release, we also fixed about 30 bugs from previous versions.

There will be a few minutes of downtime for each world update.

World 67 will be updated on Monday the 11th, starting between 09:00 and 13:00.
The rest of our worlds will be updated on Tuesday the 12th, starting in the same time frame.

Village Context Menus

FhbyvVD.png

We've added context menus (like on the map) behind various village links.
-Among other places, you'll now have convenient access to multiple village functions directly from the village links in reports, bb codes or in the noble planner.
-As on the map, premium players get a more extensive menu.

Other

-Please note that direction choice when joining a world has been moved to the "join world" screen, right above the "join" button. This was done to spare additional screens before you are in the game.
-Changed password changing behavior to a more secure solution
-Added possibility to switch and join worlds from inside the game, sparing you a trip back to the homepage.
-Some browsers (recommended: Firefox, Chrome, Opera) will now display the number of incoming attacks in the browser tab, so you can keep an eye on your account from other pages. The accuracy of the values we can show is limited by space to certain values, so higher numbers become inaccurate, and shown as: 1k, 2k, etc.
nH8SQ0Z.png

-Made some improvements to the mobile version: some tweaks to support tablet screensizes and the layout should be significantly clearer for many players on older devices/browsers

File Not Found

Village context menus seems like a terrible idea to me, I think it will heavily effect usability, or simplicity of something that wasn't broken, other than that, I'm not seeing anything else standing out that I have issue with.

DeletedUser

Hopefully its something that can be turned off in settings

DeletedUser

Village context menus seems like a terrible idea to me, I think it will heavily effect usability, or simplicity of something that wasn't broken, other than that, I'm not seeing anything else standing out that I have issue with.

Before if you got several BB-codes for villages you had to click each individual link and go to a new page where you could then select to send support. Now we are able from 1 page click each individual link and have the next window brought up be the rally point or market whatever the case may be. This actually lowers the amount of pages you are forced to deal with. The less pages you have to view the better.

I think the change is awesome. I love efficiency, so rock on TW staff.

DeletedUser656

Is it still possible to copy the village coordinates out of a village link, or does the context menu disrupt that?

Hopefully this screenshot of the village links will help explain the feature. The links remain exactly the same as before, the only change is the context icon which can be clicked to open the context menu.

DeletedUser

Hopefully this screenshot of the village links will help explain the feature. The links remain exactly the same as before, the only change is the context icon which can be clicked to open the context menu.

Oh that's a good implementation. I thought it was hovering over the link to the village gave you the context menu.

File Not Found

Ok, the screenshot is unavailable (for me at least), however, if I understand correctly, there will be a context menu button added after village links.

That doesn't sound as bad as I first imagined, however, we will see how it affects scripts and that will be the main factor in my opinion.

DeletedUser109849

Will the map glitch on mobile version be fixed? I know for me when I use mobile version the map doesn't load properly. It does work when you switch it to desktop version though.

DeletedUser

Looks like the inbound counter on tab name only goes to 99+ considering how rare it is for me to have less than 1k inbound its not much use to me but I guess those in safe K's may benefit

DeletedUser

Looks like the inbound counter on tab name only goes to 99+ considering how rare it is for me to have less than 1k inbound its not much use to me but I guess those in safe K's may benefit

Looks to be a very good addition for early world at least.

DeletedUser

The inbound counter doesn't seem to auto-update for me. I have to refresh the page to get a new counter to show up - or does it only work if you are on the incomings screen?

drxavier

do i report broken scripts since this update in scripts section or here?

DeletedUser

I am probably being an idiot, and maybe it was like this before - or maybe I haven't read this properly and just didn't see it. But has the map changed to 8x8? I could have sworn it was 7x7 before, and now I have an 8x8 view. I'm on farm assistant, but not premium, if that helps.

Also, I appear to have a strange bug. I know I should fill in a ticket, but hey, if I'm bringing up issues already, I may as well kill two birds with one stone! As you may notice from my terribly unedited screenshot, there is a massive space before the village name and the word 'map'. This is the casual world.
[SPOIL]
261kj9x.png
[/SPOIL]

Thanks, and I apologize if this requires an incredibly simple answer. Feel free to be patronizing!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am probably being an idiot, and maybe it was like this before - or maybe I haven't read this properly and just didn't see it. But has the map changed to 8x8? I could have sworn it was 7x7 before, and now I have an 8x8 view. I'm on farm assistant, but not premium, if that helps.

Also, I appear to have a strange bug. I know I should fill in a ticket, but hey, if I'm bringing up issues already, I may as well kill two birds with one stone! As you may notice from my terribly unedited screenshot, there is a massive space before the village name and the word 'map'. This is the casual world.
[SPOIL]
261kj9x.png
[/SPOIL]

Thanks, and I apologize if this requires an incredibly simple answer. Feel free to be patronizing!
The blank space is supposed to be occupied by an icon. It was when 8.10 was first released, and then it disappeared. At least on W67, it's back again now.

DeletedUser103945

I don't see the welcome page anymore when I log in. Additionally, I used to be able to link to the welcome page from the settings menu so I didn't have to log out just to view it and look at my daily looted resources levels. Is this going to come back or did the developers scrap the welcome page?

DeletedUser

I don't see the welcome page anymore when I log in. Additionally, I used to be able to link to the welcome page from the settings menu so I didn't have to log out just to view it and look at my daily looted resources levels. Is this going to come back or did the developers scrap the welcome page?

The page still exists if you link to it. I have a link to it in my village notebook, and that still works fine.

DeletedUser103945

I tried to find the link in my browser history but just too much stuff in there. Can you post here the link you use? Maybe it will work for me. :)