MAFIA Declares

• Thread starter DeletedUser53418
  • Start date

DeletedUser103387

Exiled join on CRG's side, is there a single tribe they haven't asked? The war now shapes up as

MF Vs CRG + CRG 2 + CLAN + Exiled + Chess2

DeletedUser103537

So now I see what will maybe take down MF diplomacy wasn't the best within the tribe. I believe the tribe thought they were better then everyone around them now they have made lots of enemies. It is possible to come out of this with victory but I am unsure on this.

DeletedUser103387

Possibly, still have hope for us, CRG immediately began to search for allies instead of fighting the fair fight, stacked in their favour now.

DeletedUser103387

Maybe we can return the favour with a few allies of our own!

DeletedUser

So now I see what will maybe take down MF diplomacy wasn't the best within the tribe. I believe the tribe thought they were better then everyone around them now they have made lots of enemies. It is possible to come out of this with victory but I am unsure on this.

You can't be afraid to noble from other tribes and expect to succeed as all the best villages are generally in tribes.

DeletedUser53418

Valid points, maybe my diplomat Hazad was a tad harsh on things.

But I believe we will get out of this mess, friends support friends when needed. I am now going out of my way to find a decent ally to level the playing field with, something I did not want to do but have been forced to do.

CRG once mailed me about forming a massive alliance to keep outsiders away from K24, I see this alliance forming and I will break it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Valid points, maybe my diplomat Hazad was a tad harsh on things.

But I believe we will get out of this mess, friends support friends when needed. I am now going out of my way to find a decent ally to level the playing field with, something I did not want to do but have been forced to do.

FLOPPY are here for you my friend. What more could a man need?

DeletedUser

True, quite true. However it probably had more to do with the allies that they brought in, and that's a pretty hard calculation, especially the unlikely allies they brought in.

Possibly, still have hope for us, CRG immediately began to search for allies instead of fighting the fair fight, stacked in their favour now.

Quite right, but that's a way of fighting a war. Not very "honorable" but it's effective, especially if you want to save you're hide.

DeletedUser103537

You can't be afraid to noble from other tribes and expect to succeed as all the best villages are generally in tribes.

Issue should have at least one ally you don't ally the world no didn't say that. Always have friends in case of big gangbang. No diplomacy or limited diplomacy will end a tribe easily early on.

DeletedUser

Issue should have at least one ally you don't ally the world no didn't say that. Always have friends in case of big gangbang. No diplomacy or limited diplomacy will end a tribe easily early on.

Early diplomacy gives an illusion of safety in the majority of cases. Tribes are so busy addressing their in tribe issues that they are rarely in a place to assist other tribes.

Soberknight

Early diplomacy gives an illusion of safety in the majority of cases. Tribes are so busy addressing their in tribe issues that they are rarely in a place to assist other tribes.

I dont fully agree. If you are a vet then you probably already know some players in other tribes, which makes it easier to find good allies. If you dont know anyone then i suggest you find out whom you can trust and try to prove your tribes worth to them in early game.

If you dont use diplomacy i guarantee you will eventually loose the world.

my tribe in w29 had bad diplomacy because most of our experienced leaders had to quit the game and left us n00bs as dukes etc. Just around the end of the middlegame we got declared by 3 major tribes, leaving only east flank open for us, protected by our ally.

By then i had allready established good conversations with the duke of the nr1 tribe, the one to our west. I got him to accept a cease fire and we merged into our southern enemy ( became friends with them as well). This gave us air to breathe, new experienced players helping our leadership and a new war to fight against our northern enemy.

Too bad though: around that time we got stabbed in the back by our ally, who was the reason we got into the fight in the first place.

Bootom line: Make sure you can trust the tribe you ally yourself with and establish good relations with those around you. Its also 90% of the fun being a duke imho.

ashoka1

Not necessarily true

You can be arrogant

dont enter into any diplomacy till mid to end game (basically a situation where others need you as Nap or allies for balance of power)

And go on to win the game.

Remember a tw world is like a chess board.You have to think of not 1-2 but sometimes 20 step ahead

But it all boils down to how good one is in chess and as a leader to keep your players motivated while fighting 4/5 tribes at the same time.

And how good is the group of players you are leading.

A pack of 5 skilled players can hold their own for 2/3 months against a decent tribe in mid game

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I dont fully agree. If you are a vet then you probably already know some players in other tribes, which makes it easier to find good allies. If you dont know anyone then i suggest you find out whom you can trust and try to prove your tribes worth to them in early game.

If you dont use diplomacy i guarantee you will eventually loose the world.

my tribe in w29 had bad diplomacy because most of our experienced leaders had to quit the game and left us n00bs as dukes etc. Just around the end of the middlegame we got declared by 3 major tribes, leaving only east flank open for us, protected by our ally.

By then i had allready established good conversations with the duke of the nr1 tribe, the one to our west. I got him to accept a cease fire and we merged into our southern enemy ( became friends with them as well). This gave us air to breathe, new experienced players helping our leadership and a new war to fight against our northern enemy.

Too bad though: around that time we got stabbed in the back by our ally, who was the reason we got into the fight in the first place.

Bootom line: Make sure you can trust the tribe you ally yourself with and establish good relations with those around you. Its also 90% of the fun being a duke imho.

Long term diplomacy is vastly overestimated in this game, especially same continent diplomacy. It slows your growth as you are making possible noble targets untouchable. I can understand two local continent dominant tribes setting up a NAP under the condition of an agreement to develop a growth border allowing them both to have a safe base to grow in the three other directions from without having to worry about their rear. The beauty of a NAP with pre-arranged conditions is that they don't require either tribe to go out of their way to aid the other beyond the agreed measures.

DeletedUser103387

Side 1:
Tribes: CRG, CRG-2, Exiled, CLAN
Side 2:
Tribes: MF

Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers:

Side 1: 31
Side 2: 26
Difference: 5

chart

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 5
Side 2: 3
Difference: 2

chart

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1: 64,139
Side 2: 60,031
Difference: 4,108

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 19,033
Side 2: 8,197
Difference: 10,836

chart

Closed the gap by 1 cap but CRG + Allies still lead, things looking up for MF though, especially on the diplomacy front.

DeletedUser

you forgot 1 thing

Checkmate II (disbanded)

guess 1 less tribe to deal with lol

DeletedUser103387

The war stats are kinda effed because we have two wars going on, one with CRG and CRG-2 and CRG-2 joined in late on one but we are now on the front foot in terms of ODA and they have greater ODD.

2d9c16d36b504cca9855ec0.png

Jmss has a ton of their ODA as his 3 village swoop was impressive.

DeletedUser103387

This wars as good as over, well done CRG + allies, you've won in my eyes

ZWi6.png

How are we expected to compete with attacks like that, no fair :(

DeletedUser

What's up with this now? i want some more recent stats, im to lazy to go do it myself.