Dungeons And Dragons - DDO

DeletedUser

Has anyone played DDO.com before? Great game, so addictive, its a better and free version of Wow.

DeletedUser

yep, I've heard of it, though, I don't play MMORPG's much anymore. Because of the fact that you have to put a lot of time into them to get somewhere, I want to limit myself to how many I play, when I start playing them again.

I played the Lord of the Rings Online a few years ago. I really enjoyed that, the story was awesome, and they are constantly bringing out new expansions.

However, the problem with MMORPG's is that they dont evolve enough. Once a game comes out, it's stuck at the level its at. Sure theres updates, but only to patch bugs and make the game run smoothly, and these games usually last for years. With the recent evolution of video games, I want to get into them more now, but I want a computer that I can really enjoy playing them on.

By the way, if you want to see how not to make an MMORPG, just look at Defiance. Hideous freak of nature

DeletedUser

I played Neverwinter's open beta last week. It's incredibly WoW-like.

Seagryfn

I was a mod for Neverwinter about 20 years ago. That was back when the internet cost $2.99 per hour just to get online, and the NWN game could not hold more that 300 players at a time, world-wide. (Back before the second "M" appeared in MMORPG.) The game was in 16-bit color, and your choices were very limited (with help, you could reach max-level in a day).
[SPOIL]
screen_shot_2012-06-20_at_11.46.12_pm.png
[/SPOIL]
In fact, it was the first place I used the online name "Seagryfn" because back then, online names could not exceed 8 characters.