The worlds most anticipated world

A humble player

Why is everyone here, who's supposed to be skilled veteran, so excited about these settings? :icon_eek: I know this is the 60th world opening after I lost touch with TW (maybe something in TW philosophy changed in the meantime), but haven't you all became skilled pro's by active farming and aggressive expansion? I suppose you all grew tired of it and always envied turtle n00bs for not having to do all that work day in day out.. :icon_neutral:
Farming is boring. Sure, I can get ahead by farming, but its really, really boring, and although I've been able to achieve top 20 on worlds I play (all of them I've played to multiple villages since w50?), its boring and unfun. No hauls/limited hauls lets me play without farming (and I'll still win).
Isn't this the perfect settings for turtles? I mean, since defensive troops can get the allowed amount of loot per day, why would anyone rush to train offensive ones? Even the extreme turtles will now be able to even-out farming income with active-aggressive types who would otherwise outgrow them in days.
I could probably outfarm you with solely swordsman and spearmen, probably.
Anyone can farm? Anyone can not farm as well. And spam swords/spears. And, as others have pointed out- troops will be much more valuable and hard to replenish that, in combination with everyone going turtle, imho, no one will be attacking active players. Nobling the second village out of an active player? Pfft, I guess it will be bonus villa rush with sword/spear nukes :/
history says that isn't true.
Though strategy may come into play after everyone gets a couple of villages (and bonus ones run out :lol:), I expect the beginning days to be more painful than ever. Multi-accounting will be back in great style, mark my words..
no
Am I the only one who thinks this way?
nearly so.

DeletedUser

this may be blasphemy comin from a self proclaimed bastard pirate as yerstruly! but limitted hauls got me hooked n' reeled in! busy lifestyle, but not too busy fer some minor farmin that grows as world progresses!

was hopin ta be part o' IKEA, but seems Matt's not plannin ta go through with't
sadmh9.gif

so either i be findin a good crew ta sail with, or will go pillagin on me own n' see if'n someone picks me up n' gimme a good bandanna that goes well with me boots!

skull.gif

DeletedUser104070

this may be blasphemy comin from a self proclaimed bastard pirate as yerstruly! But limitted hauls got me hooked n' reeled in! Busy lifestyle, but not too busy fer some minor farmin that grows as world progresses!

Was hopin ta be part o' ikea, but seems matt's not plannin ta go through with't
sadmh9.gif

so either i be findin a good crew ta sail with, or will go pillagin on me own n' see if'n someone picks me up n' gimme a good bandanna that goes well with me boots!

skull.gif

shaaaaaaaaarkeeeeeeyyyy :D

hogarth01

this may be blasphemy comin from a self proclaimed bastard pirate as yerstruly! but limitted hauls got me hooked n' reeled in! busy lifestyle, but not too busy fer some minor farmin that grows as world progresses!

sadmh9.gif

skull.gif

Pray for the day where this lovely soul, will find his true love and start typing like a normal person again :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

shaaaaaaaaarkeeeeeeyyyy :D

missed ya too ye sugarpie bastard, hit me on skype: rumoholic , in case ye deleted me
sadmh9.gif

Pray for the day where this lovely soul, will find his true love and start typing like a normal person again :icon_confused:

ARRR!!! me soul be lovely indeed! all'em pigs down the tavern be sayin so! flatterin me with complements in regards ta me swinely scent, terrifyin laughter, n' maggot infested insides!

true love?! it be the sea young lad! now off ye go ye landlubber! This 'ere be pirate territory!

skull.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

crimsoni

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I like no/limited hauls because farming is so boring and makes playing a game feel like working in the office with the dullness of repetitive crap on and on
Kid, "repetitive crap on and on" is how this game works, in fact, you can think of it as the game's foundation. You'll learn this once you've acquired more than a few villages.

sadmh9.gif

skull.gif
Aw man I love this guy, it's good to see you're still kicking ye ole peg leg around these parts.

Last edited:

DeletedUser111340

I am fairly excited, I like the archers . Why? You got attack coming in from tribe "Your" Barracks is level 20 , You have 1000 points . Your attacker has 800 "Build" 100 archers" Then you kill his silly spear man attack , You have no idea how much i've seen people attacking with swordmen / Spearmen etc "What's? the point?" Just attack with axemen . Problem solved , adds more twists and turns . Also packet system ! Can't wait . love it! But one thing I was searching in options was , No church . Iv'e been yet to play on church world , Also limited hauls ? They are good , Why? If you get wiped out by elmo down street and you have 100k res and his cap is 25k you keep most it and he can't haul all it.

Sorry for my bad gramar ! English is not my first :D

~Coolmanyou1
~Founder Sword of glory

DeletedUser

sadmh9.gif

skull.gif

When i read your comment i actually talk like a pirate in my head .. -.-

DeletedUser110642

Does this mean RUM! is returning??? you pirates were my fav on w40 :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Farming is boring. Sure, I can get ahead by farming, but its really, really boring, and although I've been able to achieve top 20 on worlds I play (all of them I've played to multiple villages since w50?), its boring and unfun. No hauls/limited hauls lets me play without farming (and I'll still win).

Look, its not exactly my (nor farming's) fault you played 68 worlds 24/7 prior to this one and grew tired of farming. You obviously forgot that farming is the single interesting thing going on b4 noblemen are trained (apart from verbally messing around with other people, where farming plays a huge role also). Later on farming does become a chore but solution is simple- you stop or reduce farming :icon_rolleyes: Who says you have to farm till the end of the world? Well, you prolly do if you want to be at the top, but why do you need to be in top 20 to have fun at the game? You can still be a great warrior and help your tribe win the world with little to no farming in later stages of the game.

I could probably outfarm you with solely swordsman and spearmen, probably.

Say you, looking at your own and my post count I guess. So humble! This is a new account actually, and yes, you could prolly outfarm me with swordsmen and spearmen, with your 3 co-players and if I use only axemen for farming.. Jeez lets enter a pissing contest now, please :icon_rolleyes:

Your other points were so in-depth and informative that I don't have the time to comment on them.

Anyways, I see everyone is here bored to death by farming and competing with co-playing farming machines that limited haul world is a welcome change. I respect that, and TBH I am intrigued myself, having played no such a world. I was merely pointing out my concerns based solely on having read the settings. I do not claim to have any knowledge of how things tend to turn out in such worlds. I do hope its a more balanced and fun world and no additional premium features is a thing that should further contribute to it.

Best of luck to everyone, and don't forget to have fun!

DeletedUser

The single most interesting thing before nobles on normal worlds is clearing someone else :)

A humble player

Look, its not exactly my (nor farming's) fault you played 68 worlds 24/7 prior to this one and grew tired of farming. You obviously forgot that farming is the single interesting thing going on b4 noblemen are trained (apart from verbally messing around with other people, where farming plays a huge role also). Later on farming does become a chore but solution is simple- you stop or reduce farming :icon_rolleyes: Who says you have to farm till the end of the world? Well, you prolly do if you want to be at the top, but why do you need to be in top 20 to have fun at the game? You can still be a great warrior and help your tribe win the world with little to no farming in later stages of the game.
Did I blame you?
You didn't need to take offense, nor did you need to sound so inflammatory and sarcastic. Its not cool.
I don't need to be anything, but I derive fun from success, sorry about that.
Say you, looking at your own and my post count I guess. So humble! This is a new account actually, and yes, you could prolly outfarm me with swordsmen and spearmen, with your 3 co-players and if I use only axemen for farming.. Jeez lets enter a pissing contest now, please :icon_rolleyes:
Read my signature.
Your other points were so in-depth and informative that I don't have the time to comment on them.
But you did 0.o

Best of luck to everyone, and don't forget to have fun!
:)

DeletedUser105718

The Raamatz said:
Look, its not exactly my (nor farming's) fault you played 68 worlds 24/7 prior to this one and grew tired of farming. You obviously forgot that farming is the single interesting thing going on b4 noblemen are trained (apart from verbally messing around with other people, where farming plays a huge role also). Later on farming does become a chore but solution is simple- you stop or reduce farming Who says you have to farm till the end of the world? Well, you prolly do if you want to be at the top, but why do you need to be in top 20 to have fun at the game? You can still be a great warrior and help your tribe win the world with little to no farming in later stages of the game.

So, you would enable farming just because of the first few weeks of the world? Before noblemen are trained it's boring with or without farming, you can't really do anything but to farm. Later in the game it not only becomes a chore, but it's pretty much like the pay to win features, just in this case the players with more time win.

DeletedUser

Why is everyone here, who's supposed to be skilled veteran, so excited about these settings? :icon_eek: I know this is the 60th world opening after I lost touch with TW (maybe something in TW philosophy changed in the meantime), but haven't you all became skilled pro's by active farming and aggressive expansion? I suppose you all grew tired of it and always envied turtle n00bs for not having to do all that work day in day out.. :icon_neutral:

Isn't this the perfect settings for turtles? I mean, since defensive troops can get the allowed amount of loot per day, why would anyone rush to train offensive ones? Even the extreme turtles will now be able to even-out farming income with active-aggressive types who would otherwise outgrow them in days. Anyone can farm? Anyone can not farm as well. And spam swords/spears. And, as others have pointed out- troops will be much more valuable and hard to replenish that, in combination with everyone going turtle, imho, no one will be attacking active players. Nobling the second village out of an active player? Pfft, I guess it will be bonus villa rush with sword/spear nukes :/

Though strategy may come into play after everyone gets a couple of villages (and bonus ones run out :lol:), I expect the beginning days to be more painful than ever. Multi-accounting will be back in great style, mark my words..

Am I the only one who thinks this way?

Because i dont have to farm and i love the faster speed makes the world move on a little bit faster i would prefer speed 2 tbh but beggars cant be choosers. Also who says us vets dont like to turtle every once in a while.:icon_biggrin: