Helloooooo OT

DeletedUser

It was my firm belief that no one here actually played the game anymore. Those new players need to meet a few requirements first if that is actually true:

- Need to play the game for at least a year straight
- Need to find the external forums (and use them preferably)
- Need to stumble over OT
- Get sick of the game
- Stick around and survive the first weeks of onslaught because of the inevitable mockery they'll go trough if they do something silly.

I think that's about right? Of course, its been a while since I've even posted here.

We could cut the mockery a bit

Spank86

I thought the argument was always that the regulars scared off any new blood with our wicked ways

Well I guess we've put that theory to bed.

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I thought the argument was always that the regulars scared off any new blood with our wicked ways

Well I guess we've put that theory to bed.

This used to be the case until Bran went on a recruitment drive for OT.

DeletedUser

Yay! Nice to see some familiar faces :D

A I a guy or gal? Heh, that brings memories. I used to have a double account "BurningAngel" on which I presented myself as a 13year-old girl just to fool people in game into thinking that Im not much of a threat. Stood at peak position on kills at W7 for a while, still "she's just a girl, not much of a threat". :lol:
Then I made this account for some world and came to forums as BA's elder brother.

OT has needed newblood since 2010 and needed it bad. I would think that one reason for newbies turning away is that we might not have those kind and good willed users such as Rivka, Ibo, TjD, WFA, Kdeb, innigma12 (or w/e he was) and many other RPC members. Also people are getting older and OT has also matured and ain't as much about pure idiotic fun anymore. Or atleast that was the case when I started to not come here as often.

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
The recruitment drive ended, it was successful the first time. And after that it died down again and it had been mentioned again for a while, but nothing came from it.

DeletedUser

The recruitment drive ended, it was successful the first time. And after that it died down again and it had been mentioned again for a while, but nothing came from it.

I thought nothing came if Bran's drive.

Spank86

Essentially what we said the first time turned out to be true.

The calibre of people has gone down hill since the early days and its not just nostalgia.

DeletedUser

Huh. Perhaps we old guys were too snarky or something. Id love to see more posters here

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
No everybody knew the recruitment drive was going on and there was a thread somewhere about it, and I'm pretty sure it was commonly agreed that everyone was to be nice to the new people.

DeletedUser

Tribalwars is still a dreadfully managed game, the slow death of this forum is ultimately a result of innogames being bad at their business.